Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
    I am kind of surprised by the exhibition game. I was hoping it would be in October so there would not be a weekend off before starting conference play.
    Yeah, I agree. Too bad nothing could get worked out for that weekend.
    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 06-25-2011, 12:02 AM.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I am kind of surprised by the exhibition game. I was hoping it would be in October so there would not be a weekend off before starting conference play.
      It would be nice to have some game experience before they jump into their regular season games.
      Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by 3dognight View Post
        Agreed, intheblood. Steve is moving on to his alma mater,as an in season goalie coach (Miami) and rather than just stick someone in for a year, we chose to wait until we could develop a long term relationship with the new project. It is an area that needs consistency to allow guys to improve year to year. That combined with the guys working out in the summer on campus should be a major boost for Laker tenders.
        Didn't you say you were just a fan ? Certainly with more decision power than us
        If there is a need, sticking someone in for a year would do no harm at all. The guys should be given the opportunity to improve during the season; that is supposed to be a strength of college hockey. Moreover the players deal with inconsistency throughout the season anyway, so there must be another reason.

Funny you mention Jakaitis. I was talking to the dean of my department when Roque introduced Ravn during his visit to the campus : "we may have our future Jakaitis here", along with a lot of compliments.
        I then asked Rich Metro (the Czar !) who spoke very highly of him, so I ckecked on the net where I found a lot of promising stuff.
        You know what happened.
        Thanks to your 18 years in the game, you told you were able to make up you mind within a 3 days preseason goalie clinic, and that was apparently it.
        Last edited by soofan; 06-28-2011, 12:09 AM.

Comment

SooFan,

"we" are the donor group, assuring any dollars we spend are of maximal benefit to the program. "we" decided that we would not be spending the 15k+ it takes for a single event, a quality goalie camp.
          BUT.....step up! "we" have found LSSU to be easy to work with.....don't wait for someone else to solve all of your problems. It will take a quality, nationally known goalie coach, that coaches agree will be a positive, some ice time, and making sure you are within NCAA rules & regulations. Route everything through the AD and you are good to go. One of things "we" always shake our heads at are people telling us how to best spend our money. Really?

We continue to move forward with our project, but as always the program could use a lot more than we can provide. If a goalie camp seems important to folks, get with the AD and fund it.
          Last edited by 3dognight; 06-28-2011, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soofan View Post

Funny you mention Jakaitis. I was talking to the dean of my department when Roque introduced Ravn during his visit to the campus : "we may have our future Jakaitis here", along with a lot of compliments.
            I then asked Rich Metro (the Czar !) who spoke very highly of him, so I ckecked on the net where I found a lot of promising stuff.
            You know what happened.
            Thanks to your 18 years in the game, you told you were able to make up you mind within a 3 days preseason goalie clinic, and that was apparently it.
            The last person I called out on here has apparently taken his toys and gone home, which is that last thing I want. I hate to be seen as the guy who drops in occasionally and tries to stifle conversation, especially in June when things are slow anyway.

But what is the hang-up with Neils-Erik Ravn on this board? The kid is a third string, non-scholarship goalie who was on a team with a senior NHL draft pick, and another freshman who was an All Rookie selection. By all accounts, Ravn is a great student, a really good kid, and an above average third string goalie. I fail to see how he had been wronged in any way, or how the future of Laker Hockey is even remotely tied to his success as a goaltender.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
              The last person I called out on here has apparently taken his toys and gone home, which is that last thing I want. I hate to be seen as the guy who drops in occasionally and tries to stifle conversation, especially in June when things are slow anyway.

But what is the hang-up with Neils-Erik Ravn on this board? The kid is a third string, non-scholarship goalie who was on a team with a senior NHL draft pick, and another freshman who was an All Rookie selection. By all accounts, Ravn is a great student, a really good kid, and an above average third string goalie. I fail to see how he had been wronged in any way, or how the future of Laker Hockey is even remotely tied to his success as a goaltender.
              If you hate to do it ... don't do it it is definitely not worth it !
              I don't post as much as you do, but I was sharing a situation I witnessed and has made me wonder. I know of many questionable things, but for this one, I was there.
              Some posters like facts, other prefer speculations or memories.

It is not about the one or the other, and I won't spoil your summer with team building advices or team gossip.
              Actually, any successful player has a positive impact on the team, and none is indispensable; that is a basic principle.
              The future of Laker Hockey is tied to the way the coach (and the people behind/above him) deal with it, and their success is still not obvious.
              Last edited by soofan; 06-28-2011, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Rich Metro has made his decision and is going back to France to coach and be a GM:

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...etro_departure

Also note that Paul Jerrard has joined the Dallas Stars as an assistant coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
                  Kapalka gave the Lakers the best chance to win games last year. He rarely gave up more then 2 goals in a game. That is all you can really ask for from your goalie so there was no need to make a change.

Comment

Who are some possible assistant coach candidates right now?

Comment

Frank Anzalone has turned down all offers to save the Laker Superior State College hockey program.

The Truth Is Out There....
                      TBA

Comment

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...ickets_on_Sale

Season tickets go on sale tomorrow. No date yet on single game tickets.
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
                          Frank Anzalone has turned down all offers to save the Laker Superior State College hockey program.

The Truth Is Out There....
                          TBA
                          What is Frank up to these days now that Quad City hired a new coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            Rich Metro has made his decision and is going back to France to coach and be a GM:

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...etro_departure

Congratulations to Rich and best of luck to him on his future endeavors. Thats an offer that doesn't come along every day and he'd of been nuts to turn it down.

Comment

It's hard to believe a guy named "Metro" would leave Lake Superior State University.

Comment

An offer is out to a former Laker. He will decide soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X