LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

I have seen Opie play a few times in Traverse city and i was mostly impressed with him. He is small but is not afraid to go into the corners to chase or use his quickness for the puck. He could be a key player down the line plus provide nice depth in the mean time.
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

The new WCHA is the place most if not all Laker fans want the Lakers to go including me. I think most Laker fans are still a little heart broken or in shock from the massive changes in the last week or so. The logical thought of us aligned with the other two UP schools just does not look like it's in the cards which is sad but like a few other have said the teams from the east are legit D1 programs and they will be willing to come here. Before the eastern team rumors came out it looked like our storied program was all but done now there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, that is something to be thankful for.

I will keep buying my season tickets and rooting for the Lakers but the coaching has got to be addressed next offseason or we run the risk of being them eastern teams ***** after this all shakes out.
      Last edited by PerkyforPrez; 07-20-2011, 08:16 PM.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
        I hope its LSSU applying to the WCHA, although I suspect the two teams are UAF and UAH.
        Perhaps, although if the MN WCHA teams are cool to LSSU joining them, I doubt they'd be any warmer towards UAH. And Mankato still has a lot of money to raise so it doesn't seem like they would be applying yet (unless they are real sure of the money).

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          Perhaps, although if the MN WCHA teams are cool to LSSU joining them, I doubt they'd be any warmer towards UAH. And Mankato still has a lot of money to raise so it doesn't seem like they would be applying yet (unless they are real sure of the money).
          You meant to say MSU-Moorhead correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
            You meant to say MSU-Moorhead correct?
            Yep.

Comment

Lots of time before the curtain closes. Two years. I hope, really really hope that LSSU is the late WCHA applicant. WHo knows, maybe our simple little e-mail campaign worked?

Regading Minnesota schools -- I think MSU-Moorhead is not likely to add much to the situation right now. That can change if and when they actually have the money in place. I know that Mankato and SCSU are allegedly cool to LSSU. But Tech and BSU are not, nor is UAA likely to care -- as long as they can get UAF in the league.

Comment

Should we be rooting that MSU-Moorhead's plan falls apart and that WMU gets into the NCHC?
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                  I hope its LSSU applying to the WCHA, although I suspect the two teams are UAF and UAH.
                  UAH's only salvation lies with a reconstituted CCHA; there is no way that the reformed WCHA would accept them over a school like LSSU.
                  This is certainly a glimmer of hope in a very depressing time, perhaps your plan of contacting the powers that be at Lake State and letting them know how we feel spurred them into action in launching a formal application to join the WCHA.

The main reason I tell people not to expect the Lakers to ever rattle off two national championships in three years, as they did in '92-'94, is because it was a 'perfect storm' scenario that will never (can never) play out again.
                  Spot on....it was truly the proverbial lightning in the bottle that cannot be captured again.

The NCAA has lost some serious ground in the last 5-10 years to the CHL. The sheer number of Americans (especially those from non-traditional hockey markets) taking the CHL road, suggests this is the case.
                  Even the top programs with "legendary" coaches like Jeff Jackson and Red Berenson have been losing prized recruits to the CHL, recruits who even ten years ago would have most certainly played college hockey.

Atlantic Hockey Arenas;
                  Mercyhurst 1200 (shared arena)
                  Canisus 1800. (shared arena)
                  Niagara. 2100.
                  RMU. 1300
                  And this is why forming a new conference with these teams would be a colossal step backwards and would not be a division that would deserve a D-1 moniker.

Comment

Looked at home attendance when the Lakers played these AHA teams that might move to the CCHA.

10-16-09- Canisus 2096
                    10-17-09- Canisus 2756
                    11-21-08- Robert Morris 1918
                    11-22-08- Robert Morris 2077
                    11-25-05- Robert Morris 1707
                    11-26-05- Robert Morris 1778

I think the Canisus series was the first home regular season series of that season and it was GLSW that weekend as well.
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      Looked at home attendance when the Lakers played these AHA teams that might move to the CCHA.

10-16-09- Canisus 2096
                      10-17-09- Canisus 2756
                      11-21-08- Robert Morris 1918
                      11-22-08- Robert Morris 2077
                      11-25-05- Robert Morris 1707
                      11-26-05- Robert Morris 1778

I think the Canisus series was the first home regular season series of that season and it was GLSW that weekend as well.
                      The two series with Robert Morris may have been Thanksgiving dates which would have knocked down attendance somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        The two series with Robert Morris may have been Thanksgiving dates which would have knocked down attendance somewhat.
                        When the Lakers open up the 2013 CCHA season against Bentley and then have Mercyhurst come into the Norris Center in front of around 1100 people, I imagine that would be during deer season up there, otherwise I am sure 3000 plus are going to come out to see the Lakers be a mid level team in a joke of a conference.

You people had tons of excuses when around 600 people showed up, on national tv, for a playoff game against a Big 10 school on a Friday night, and have made excuses for this coach going on seven seasons now. Quite sad really but having lived up there in the past, it isn't that surprising.

The Truth Is Out There....
                        TBA
                        Last edited by Truth Squad; 07-21-2011, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
                          The Truth Is Out There....
                          TBA
                          Yes, the truth is out there.

Your kid got cut. He wasn't D1 material. Accept it like a man, and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dognight View Post
                            Atlantic Hockey Arenas;
                            Mercyhurst 1200 (shared arena)
                            Canisus 1800. (shared arena)
                            Niagara. 2100.
                            RMU. 1300
                            Not much of a facility war with the current Taffy- Abel, eh?
                            Be curious to see what % of capacity these schools average, then compare to % of remaining CCHA schools. Don't know the answer, just curious

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                              Be curious to see what % of capacity these schools average, then compare to % of remaining CCHA schools. Don't know the answer, just curious
                              http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendanc...men/2010-2011/
                              not very impressive, except for Bobby Mo which is at 125% capacity.

And where the he!! are the USCHO posters from these schools?!?!? I went looking for their team threads to see what their fans were saying, and I couldn't even find any team threads. The only Atlantic Hockey talk was happening on the Bently thread....

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                                I agree, capacity does not equal atmosphere. These AHA teams will also get better with increased scholarships.

This is my six-step plan for LSSU.

1. Fire AD
                                2. Fire Coach
                                3. Find conference (don't care if it is the new WCHA or CCHA lite).
                                4. Find new, young, workaholic coach who can recruit like hell (you are going to need to look outside of the UP for this fella).
                                5. Kick the tar out of everyone in your conference on a regular basis (if you play in CCHA lite, own CCHA lite).
                                6. Have a very, very long memory.

Comment

Working...
                                X