This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine 2011 Offseason #2: Wondering If We'll Outdraw Women's Hoops This Year

People sure seemed jacked up about the new bouncyball coach. Can we be so lucky next year?
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Re: Maine 2011 Offseason #2: Wondering If We'll Outdraw Women's Hoops This Year

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
    People sure seemed jacked up about the new bouncyball coach. Can we be so lucky next year?
    Naaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
      LETS HOPE.....hard....!!

Comment

Preliminary talks about Maine v UHN at Fenway.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

RE: Rodrigue's accuracy from the last thread, does anyone remember a game in his senior year where he was just back from like a thumb or wrist injury and hadn't played much or teed one up? It was late in the game, Maine was up big and had a powerplay, and Walshy sent him out to test things out.

Sure enough, Maine wins an offensive zone draw, Rodrigue lines up a one timer off a d-to-d pass and gets everything on it, only it flew right over the balcony and hit the back wall. Face-off outside the zone, Maine brings it in, another d-to-d, Rodrigue drills one off the facade of the balcony. A fair number of people up there promptly decided it was an appropriate time to try to beat traffic.

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Might be a lousy draw,but I'd make the trip.

Comment

Both teams would all bring alot of fans,plus the surrounding area also. Tickets must go thru a Lottery..? Myself I have soured on all these out-door games...would I attend...being that it's Maine..if I could..YES.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    Might be a lousy draw,but I'd make the trip.
                    Boring is all I can say. Been done too many times already. Besides, wth wants to be associated with UHN trash ?

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                      RE: Rodrigue's accuracy from the last thread, does anyone remember a game in his senior year where he was just back from like a thumb or wrist injury and hadn't played much or teed one up? It was late in the game, Maine was up big and had a powerplay, and Walshy sent him out to test things out.

Sure enough, Maine wins an offensive zone draw, Rodrigue lines up a one timer off a d-to-d pass and gets everything on it, only it flew right over the balcony and hit the back wall. Face-off outside the zone, Maine brings it in, another d-to-d, Rodrigue drills one off the facade of the balcony. A fair number of people up there promptly decided it was an appropriate time to try to beat traffic.
                      I do remember that game and I also remember the other players on the ice anywhere in the vicinity of the goal ducking or seeming to wince whenever Rodrigue took a one timer. They weren't on net very often but it was still fun watching them....from the side view of course!

Comment

TIMMAY been fired yet?
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Former Maine Black Bear and Dubuque Fighting Saints coach/GM Jim Montgomery has been named the USHL's General Manager of the Year.

Comment

Former Maine Black Bear and Dubuque Fighting Saints coach/GM Jim Montgomery has been named the USHL's General Manager of the Year.
                            Good for him...!

Comment

Article on Montgomery:

http://www.ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=4031

Pretty cool that he took an expansion team in Dubuque and led them to the best record in the Western Conference and a series appearance in the Finals.

I'd like to see Timbo try and do that.

EDIT: I guess you can pay to watch the games here: http://www.b2tv.com/upcoming_events.asp?q=l&value=USHL

Comment

Working...
                              X