Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2011 Offseason #2: Wondering If We'll Outdraw Women's Hoops This Year

I scrolled back a few pages but didn't see anything, have the Alfond renovations altered the seating capacity (+/-)?
    "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
    Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
    NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
    EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
    AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
    1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Re: Maine 2011 Offseason #2: Wondering If We'll Outdraw Women's Hoops This Year

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
      I scrolled back a few pages but didn't see anything, have the Alfond renovations altered the seating capacity (+/-)?
      -400 seats

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
        Yep, expect the new capacity to be around 5100. Bigger, wider seats equal less seats.

Comment

Originally posted by dunbar View Post
          Yep, expect the new capacity to be around 5100. Bigger, wider seats equal less seats.
          Well, if you folks kept your teeth in your mouth instead of in ur back pocket, the seats wouldn't have to be so wide.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Does this look like a bonehead move or what. This is potentially not a win/win situation for Maine.

Feb. 3 Ala.-Huntsville * 7:00 PM
            Feb. 4 Ala.-Huntsville * 7:00 PM

Heard that Ala-Huntsville having internal issues also looking for a league to play in. What a joke this will be if the game is not played. I wonder how much of the gate they were promised to play.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
              Does this look like a bonehead move or what. This is potentially not a win/win situation for Maine.

Heard that Ala-Huntsville having internal issues also looking for a league to play in. What a joke this will be if the game is not played. I wonder how much of the gate they were promised to play.
              I will bet you $1,000,000 those games are played as scheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post

Games will be played...UAH is having trouble but they will be playing this year and hopefully alot longer if they can ONLY get into a Conference...thats the problem of being a Independent,once January hits then MOST teams are playing there Conference games only,most teams get the OC games in before the Holiday's...UAH is hurt by there location and traveling cost for other teams...but they will be in Maine in Febuary.

Comment

IS there ice in Alfond yet, anyone know where their seats are yet?
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    IS there ice in Alfond yet, anyone know where their seats are yet?
                    Check in today's (Sunday) Portland Press Herald Sports section,Updates the rinks progress...no word on ticket seating arragements...but some info to update you. They hope to have the rink set for the Womens Hockey opener on Sept.23rd.

Comment

http://www.pressherald.com/sports/ne...011-09-11.html

Sounds like its close to ice time
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Just in time for TIMMAY to work his usual magic.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Just in time for TIMMAY to work his usual magic.
                          And I hope he disappears come next April.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                            -400 seats
                            Originally posted by dunbar View Post
                            Thanks. Have they fixed the balcony so trash and drink can't be dropped/spilled on to the visitors below?
                            "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                            Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                            NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                            EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                            AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                            1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Thanks. Have they fixed the balcony so trash and drink can't be dropped/spilled on to the visitors below?
                              Kinda reminds you of a two-story outhouse, doesn't it?
                              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

I thought that they were gonna fix the balcony so that ALL of the trash and drinks would be challelled into the visitors' seats

Comment

Working...
                                X