Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2011 Offseason #2: Wondering If We'll Outdraw Women's Hoops This Year

Just for the record again, Greg Moore's PPG in the AHL this year was 0.32 (24 in 75 games). Zack Sill's was 0.375 (30 in 80 games). So I mean the idea that Moore is a 4th line grinder and Sill is some top-6 force is not born out in the numbers. Facts, not opinion. Without ever having watched either AHL team, maybe opinion means more in this case, but those are the facts.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Re: Maine 2011 Offseason #2: Wondering If We'll Outdraw Women's Hoops This Year

I loved that Greg was a Mainer playing at home,and he certainly was a very solid college guy...But,although he was strong and big and smart,he never had the quickness to excel at the next level,IMO.(Your God-given feet are your God-given feet,right?)

I watched his every shift after he was called-up by the Rangers a couple years back,and he made some noise at first,then had trouble keeping pace with the game.

No regrets about spending the time watching him,though.I'll take 15 Greg Moores a year,every year.He knows how to play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        I loved that Greg was a Mainer playing at home,and he certainly was a very solid college guy...But,although he was strong and big and smart,he never had the quickness to excel at the next level,IMO.(Your God-given feet are your God-given feet,right?)

I watched his every shift after he was called-up by the Rangers a couple years back,and he made some noise at first,then had trouble keeping pace with the game.

No regrets about spending the time watching him,though.I'll take 15 Greg Moores a year,every year.He knows how to play the game.
        What was good about Moore also during his years at Maine...is he got better each season because of himself,he was driven to make himself a better player...I would have loved to see him play under Shawn Walsh...

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          Just for the record again, Greg Moore's PPG in the AHL this year was 0.32 (24 in 75 games). Zack Sill's was 0.375 (30 in 80 games). So I mean the idea that Moore is a 4th line grinder and Sill is some top-6 force is not born out in the numbers. Facts, not opinion. Without ever having watched either AHL team, maybe opinion means more in this case, but those are the facts.
          aren't you making my point? about what he would have been like in college?saying that he has better numbers in the AHL than an all american in college?
          Last edited by KnowItAll; 06-04-2011, 01:14 AM.

Comment

From the article it says Zach signed a 2 year deal with the Pens, it doesn't say its a 2 way contract. To me that that says he is going to get paid NHL wages no matter what, so they must think he is going to make the team.

Sill would have been an excellent addition to Maine, you could see it in the games he played before being dismissed. Its in the past, get over it.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              From the article it says Zach signed a 2 year deal with the Pens, it doesn't say its a 2 way contract. To me that that says he is going to get paid NHL wages no matter what, so they must think he is going to make the team.

Sill would have been an excellent addition to Maine, you could see it in the games he played before being dismissed. Its in the past, get over it.
              Any kid signing a pro contract is great.
              We develop kids in maine. Period.
              I agree he would have been and excellent addition.

Comment

Didn't develop Zach now, did we?

Danny, go home, don't you have some work to do in developing a defense for the upcoming season?
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  Do you know if there is going to be new seamless glass as part of the renovation?
                  I am pretty sure they are doing seamless on the sides but not behind the goals. Seamless doesn't have as much give as standard glass and they were worried about injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    I am pretty sure they are doing seamless on the sides but not behind the goals. Seamless doesn't have as much give as standard glass and they were worried about injuries.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Here's an interesting article by Larry for those that missed it in the BDN. Notre Dame joining Hockey East? The problem seems to be getting a 12th team. If this were to happen, Maine would possibly get more national TV coverage. Notre Dame has a TV contract for football and would be very interesting to see that carry over to hockey.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/06/0...g-hockey-east/

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        Can seamless glass be dismantled for basketball games?

Comment

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
                          Can seamless glass be dismantled for basketball games?
                          I'm pretty sure it can be, but it's a lot heavier than plexiglass so it's more work. also, I don't believe they are using seamless glass, they are just requiring all teams to use non marking pucks (except for NCAA games because they don't allow those pucks to be used) so that the glass lasts longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            Here's an interesting article by Larry for those that missed it in the BDN. Notre Dame joining Hockey East? The problem seems to be getting a 12th team. If this were to happen, Maine would possibly get more national TV coverage. Notre Dame has a TV contract for football and would be very interesting to see that carry over to hockey.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/06/0...g-hockey-east/
                            I mentioned the possibility of Notre Dame to Hockey East months ago and was laughed out of the building. I guess that Mahoney finally got around to reading old USCHO posts.

I think that Hockey East ends up with 12 members eventually. I also think that the league could lose UMass-Lowell and Merrimack. Eventually, I see the following league line-up:

Maine
                            UNH
                            Vermont
                            UMass
                            BU
                            Northeastern

BC
                            Providence
                            URI
                            UConn
                            Syracuse
                            Notre Dame

I know.......kinda off the wall. We'll see.

Comment

Is NBC looking for new ways to alienate its viewer?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo1091 View Post
                                I'm pretty sure it can be, but it's a lot heavier than plexiglass so it's more work. also, I don't believe they are using seamless glass, they are just requiring all teams to use non marking pucks (except for NCAA games because they don't allow those pucks to be used) so that the glass lasts longer.
                                Yes the glass can easily be dismounted. Seamless glass is held in place by the ridge at the bottom and a clear plastic clip at top.

Nobody uses plexiglass these days. rinks use tempered glass.

Our renovations will be first class.

Go Black Bears!

Comment

Working...
                                X