This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

According to my sources, the UW has a commitment from Jake Linhart, a 15 yr old D from Brookfield for the 2014 season. He's already 5-10 and 160#. He current plays in the Chicago Mission system.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      According to my sources, the UW has a commitment from Jake Linhart, a 15 yr old D from Brookfield for the 2014 season. He's already 5-10 and 160#. He current plays in the Chicago Mission system.
      Interesting that the Badgers don't yet have a verbal from a 1995 born player but have one from a 96. Linhart is the 8th 1996 born player to make a commitment at this time.

Comment

http://host.madison.com/sports/blog/...cc4c002e0.html

Not alot of details, but sounds like a good prospect.

Comment

Not a lot of info on this kid available right now. I will say this, Eaves doesn't throw around scholarship offers to 15 year old kids. If he's offered you at 15, you're pretty ***** good. He's not 100% at early offers but pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            Not a lot of info on this kid available right now. I will say this, Eaves doesn't throw around scholarship offers to 15 year old kids. If he's offered you at 15, you're pretty ***** good. He's not 100% at early offers but pretty close.
            [scarcasm] At what point do the coached demand that he accelerate his education so that he can come in a year early and not have a misaligned role in Juniors? [/scarcasm]

Comment

Discussed the Linhart commitment with Notre Dame Academy head coach Cory McCracken, who is also the GM of the Team Wisconsin U16 squad. McCracken was extremely complimentary of Linhart, and compared him to another Wisconsin born defenseman who is a projected first round NHL draft pick this summer.

"Linhart is a quality player. Very good offensively without sacrificing the defensive portion of the game. Excellent skater. He is the 96 version of Jordan Schmaltz."

Comment

good news on Linhart but UW needs to start adding more firepower. the rodents are picking up great recruits lately and to be honest I think UW needs to target high profile guys @ forward and center way more often than they have been.
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  good news on Linhart but UW needs to start adding more firepower. the rodents are picking up great recruits lately and to be honest I think UW needs to target high profile guys @ forward and center way more often than they have been.
                  They are in a very selective mode right now. You have to remember we have ZERO senior forwards on the roster. We only have two junior forwards. We have zero players who are projected to leave early at forward after this season. We also bring in projected first rounder Nic Kerdiles. Morgan Zulinick who is another big forward recruit and Corbin McGuire next year. As it stands we're going to have 18 forwards on the roster next year and you can only suit up 12. The next season if we bring in zero recruits we'll still have 16.

Eaves is being super selective right now as he should be. If I were him I'd be all in on Hudson Fasching or Taylor Cammarata for 2013 as we'll only bring in a couple forwards in that class.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post

Eaves is being super selective right now as he should be. If I were him I'd be all in on Hudson Fasching or Taylor Cammarata for 2013 as we'll only bring in a couple forwards in that class.
                    IMO, you have slim chances of landing either.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                      IMO, I doubt you have any insight on their recruitment.
                      Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 09-26-2011, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                        I don't know either of these guys in terms of where they're from/where they're playing

why do you say UW has 0 chance?
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          I don't know either of these guys in terms of where they're from/where they're playing

I'm sure it's because they are from Minnesota. Didn't you know we never pull in good recruits from Minnesota?

*****http://www.jerseydatabase.com/jerseys/backs/58/9/58984.png******, *****http://www.jerseydatabase.com/jerseys/backs/61/0/61010.png******, *****http://www.jerseydatabase.com/jerseys/backs/10/3/10390.png******, *****http://www.jerseydatabase.com/jerseys/backs/54/5/54528.png******

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            IMO, I doubt you have any insight on their recruitment.
                            I guess we'll see. Looking forward to seeing how you'll spin it when you land neither

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              I'm sure it's because they are from Minnesota. Didn't you know we never pull in good recruits from Minnesota?
                              Not it at all. But hey, you've even admitted on Twitter that you guys only have an outside chance at landing either. Should I dig up that Tweet? By the way, you were right. In fact, you have very little chance at landing one of the two.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Never said they have zero chance. Just that they have little chance. One more than the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X