X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    was this expected? or was he looking at NCAA as well?
    Yes, it's been expected. Thanks diddlypoo for pulling out that quote.

Comment

Originally posted by diddlypoo View Post
      Not to speak for Chuck, but this is what he had to say back in April when Wood wasn't selected in the USHL draft.

"There have been strong indications that Wood, who plays his high school hockey at Hill Murray in the twin cities is planning on eventually making the move to the Ontario Hockey League, giving up his college eligibility. USHL squads must feel the same way because that's the only reason that Wood could have been passed over."

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.co...t-results.html

Yoda Butters was heard saying, "He's too old, yes...too old to begin his training."
      thanks. and nice Star Wars ref!
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        I would hope that Eaves isn't petty enough not to recruit a kid in his own backyard because his older brother chose another school after Mark Osiecki left. Nick Schmaltz, like his brother is a one of the top 10 kids in the United States for his age group. I would hope the coaching staff pursued a kid living in Verona who has a NTDP offer a full year in advance of him actually going, which means you're pretty freaking good...even if it was likely he would follow his brother to UND.
        I would think Eaves did little more then kick the tires on the younger Schmaltz. I've run across the family at hockey tournaments (there's another younger brother that is 10 who is also exceptional), and there is no mystery with whom the family allegiance lies. Little has changed at UW since the oldest decommitted and cast his lot with the Sue that would suddenly put Bucky in a different light. I also believe there is a family history to North Dakota...perhaps football related with dad or an uncle???

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
          I would think Eaves did little more then kick the tires on the younger Schmaltz. I've run across the family at hockey tournaments (there's another younger brother that is 10 who is also exceptional), and there is no mystery with whom the family allegiance lies. Little has changed at UW since the oldest decommitted and cast his lot with the Sue that would suddenly put Bucky in a different light. I also believe there is a family history to North Dakota...perhaps football related with dad or an uncle???
          His dad and uncle both played football at UND.

And all I was trying to say is that I would hope Eaves at least did his homework on the kid to gauge his interest, and that he would at least check out the situation for one of the best kids in the country in his own backyard despite his brothers decision.

I would be interested to hear if Blake Kessel ever received a UW offer.

Comment

Interesting article floating around from May 26th (found it thanks to this awesome blog) about the Windsor Spitfires (who own Will Butcher's rights) actively pursuing the defenseman from Sun Prairie. Butcher is locked into the NTDP for the next two seasons but in the article Butcher certainly didn't dismiss the notion of him eventually playing in the OHL.

Comment

Interesting article floating around from May 26th (found it thanks to this awesome blog) about the Windsor Spitfires (who own Will Butcher's rights) actively pursuing the defenseman from Sun Prairie. Butcher is locked into the NTDP for the next two seasons but in the article Butcher certainly didn't dismiss the notion of him eventually playing in the OHL.
              more fodder for jnacc and the other 2 MJ guys

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Forgot to mention Tyler Heinonen, a Minnesota high school kid who we had interest in (no offer that I know of) committed to Michigan Tech late last week.

Comment

Sounds like former UW recruit Troy Hesketh will end up at D-3 Hamline, a school in the twin cities according to the Fargo Force beat writer, Ryan Clark.

Comment

Sounds like former UW recruit Troy Hesketh will end up at D-3 Hamline, a school in the twin cities according to the Fargo Force beat writer, Ryan Clark.
                    He was a few days late with that news
                    Last edited by XYZ; 09-01-2011, 03:04 PM.
                    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Per Heisenberg, Butcher committed to DU today.
                      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                        there's no excuse to lose this kid. Schuchuk and Butters (whomever is recruiting) better have their feet held to the fire. this is beginning to become a trend

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          there's no excuse to lose this kid. Schuchuk and Butters (whomever is recruiting) better have their feet held to the fire. this is beginning to become a trend
                          I'm sure Butters and Shuey both are logging extensive time recruiting as is Eaves but certainly this isn't a good loss but like I said on twitter, it's far from the end of the world. Most are already aware that there is another in-state kid in this class who is just as high end with Ian McCoshen. Better land that kid.

Comment

I'm sure Butters and Shuey both are logging extensive time recruiting as is Eaves but certainly this isn't a good loss but like I said on twitter, it's far from the end of the world. Most are already aware that there is another in-state kid in this class who is just as high end with Ian McCoshen. Better land that kid.
                            2 things:

1. Ever since Osiecki left you can't recruit D worth a ****! lol....how did that Schmaltz committ work out for you! Nobody wants to play for Eaves without Mark.

2. McCoshen is from Huson, WI...which is pretty much MN....there are soo many Hudson people that go to school and work in MN. Ian will look good in a Gophers uniform.

Half the people that live in Hudson are Vikings fans...which is unheard of from a drunkin Sconi city. They get all our local channels and the kid probably grew up watching the Mighty "M"

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                              Someone had tweeted that on Tuesday, I had retweeted it.

Big loss for UW & Chuck is right that they need to land McCoshen now assuming it is going to work for them to do so....

UW only has one Senior on the roster and five Juniors, and they have five commitments over the next two years. They are likely spending time recruiting and evaluating 2014-2015 recruits for the most part but it's tough to see an in-state elite D for 2013 go elsewhere. I wonder if it is an issue for UW that Springer graduates after this year and Schultz will almost certainly be gone, and all they have committed for defense is Tim Davison who may be a 2013 recruit as he's not playing Junior hockey this year. If he's not ready and Butcher or McCoshen can't arrive until 2013 when only Ramage graduates, do they have the scholarship money flexibility to bring in a couple guys for 2012 and still bring in 2 or 3 in 2013? I suppose Ryan Little could move back to defense if needed.

Comment

that's just it...they BETTER land that kid. if not the UW has serious problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X