This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

[QUOTE=moose97;5161696]So, uh, how's your summer going UW? Good? Not so much now, I'm guessing:

My summer is going great considering the Brewers are in first and the overpaid Cubs and their d-bag fans are nearly in last.

Oh yeah, and we just swept the Twins.

Comment

I can't find any explicit comments regarding this in the thread -- was Wittchow just offered a schollie if he were willing to commit for 2011-12? Is UW's new recruiting strategy potentially going to prevent a 2012-13 offer?

Comment

Originally posted by diddlypoo View Post
        I can't find any explicit comments regarding this in the thread -- was Wittchow just offered a schollie if he were willing to commit for 2011-12? Is UW's new recruiting strategy potentially going to prevent a 2012-13 offer?

This article is from May, so unless something has changed?

http://host.madison.com/sports/blog/...cc4c002e0.html
        If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by diddlypoo View Post
          I'm under the impression that they are still talking but he does not have an offer from UW right now.
          Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 08-02-2011, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Sounds like Hudson native Ian McCoshen visited UMD on Monday per his twitter account. I interviewed him in December and at that time he said he listed Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio State, and Notre Dame as teams that he had mutal interest with. Looks like UMD is now in the running.

McCoshen will be back with Waterloo next season. He won't be college eligible until 2013 so he has two more years in the USHL. Eddie Wittchow from Burnsville is also playing with Waterloo next year who we are also on...certainly a team that the UW staff will be watching a lot this winter.

Comment

McCoshen says his next visit will be to Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                McCoshen says his next visit will be to Wisconsin.
                yes! I mean, he *really* doesn't wanna wear rat colors right? even if they are the jv rats up in duluth
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  yes! I mean, he *really* doesn't wanna wear rat colors right? even if they are the jv rats up in duluth
                  With admittedly no inside knowledge, my gut says he will be a Badger as long as Eaves does him right on his visit and offers him a full ride. He's a full ride kid but sometimes Eaves likes to get cute on in state kids and it's burned him in the past (See: Sislo, Mike)

Comment

No surprise here, Jordan Schmaltz's little brother Nick committed to UND. He will be a 2014 recruit. Info per @DPlayawi. He calls him a defenseman but he's really a forward. He corrects that in a later tweet.

Comment

No surprise here, Jordan Schmaltz's little brother Nick committed to UND. He will be a 2014 recruit. Info per @DPlayawi. He calls him a defenseman but he's really a forward. He corrects that in a later tweet.
                      To what extent was Eaves interested him?
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        I'm certainly not Mike Eaves, but after the circus atmosphere surrounding his brother's commitment as 14 year old, and then the de-commitment, I wouldn't even have wasted my time w/ a single phone call to the kid, nor taken one from his family.

There are plenty of top notch blue liners to recruit before sending them off to the NHL.
                        Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                        Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                        Originally posted by UWisco
                        It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I would hope that Eaves isn't petty enough not to recruit a kid in his own backyard because his older brother chose another school after Mark Osiecki left. Nick Schmaltz, like his brother is a one of the top 10 kids in the United States for his age group. I would hope the coaching staff pursued a kid living in Verona who has a NTDP offer a full year in advance of him actually going, which means you're pretty freaking good...even if it was likely he would follow his brother to UND.

Comment

Hudson, WI defenseman Travis Wood signed with the Erie Otters (OHL) who drafted him in the 11th round of their draft this spring. Wood played his high school hockey with Hill Murray in Minnesota last year.

Comment

Hudson, WI defenseman Travis Wood signed with the Erie Otters (OHL) who drafted him in the 11th round of their draft this spring. Wood played his high school hockey with Hill Murray in Minnesota last year.
                              was this expected? or was he looking at NCAA as well?
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                was this expected? or was he looking at NCAA as well?
                                Not to speak for Chuck, but this is what he had to say back in April when Wood wasn't selected in the USHL draft.

"There have been strong indications that Wood, who plays his high school hockey at Hill Murray in the twin cities is planning on eventually making the move to the Ontario Hockey League, giving up his college eligibility. USHL squads must feel the same way because that's the only reason that Wood could have been passed over."

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.co...t-results.html

Yoda Butters was heard saying, "He's too old, yes...too old to begin his training."
                                Last edited by diddlypoo; 08-11-2011, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X