X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Two blue-chip Canadian kids to keep an eye on: Tanner MacMaster (Camrose, AJHL), & Ryan Gropp (Penticton, BCHL). Both were first round picks in the WHL draft but appear to possibly be headed NCAA.
    That looks like a couple of bluechippah's. Heisenberg has them listed as the top kid in BCHL and top in AJHL (his lists....especially at the top tend to be in order of ability). I like one is on the smaller side and less apt to be a short stay before going off to the pros. Other has pro size....6'2 as a 16 year old

Comment

Posting this in both UW threads because I'm not sure if anyone besides me reads the recruiting one (joking...kinda). If you're interested, future Badger Grant Besse will be playing live on FS North at 1:30 vs Grand Rapids on Hockey Day Minnesota.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        Posting this in both UW threads because I'm not sure if anyone besides me reads the recruiting one (joking...kinda). If you're interested, future Badger Grant Besse will be playing live on FS North at 1:30 vs Grand Rapids on Hockey Day Minnesota.
        Spencer Naas had a pretty goal going to his backhand. Pontential right?
        WISCONSIN BADGERS
        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
          Spencer Naas had a pretty goal going to his backhand. Pontential right?
          Yep, he's right on the UW radar.

Comment

Christian Dvorak goal video...

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.H_KUnQWWEKw

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
              I hope Kerdiles sticks around long enough to play with this kid
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                I hope Kerdiles sticks around long enough to play with this kid
                Possible, depends on when UW brings Dvorak in. Currently he's committed for 14 or 15 depending on what UW wants to do. I think he should be full time in the USHL this year, he will be next year for sure. I think he'll force Eaves hand into bringing him in for 2014 which would be Kerdiles junior year. Even then, I still think Kerdiles is gone in two years.

Comment

Sorry I'm late in posting this, but Grant Besse is playing on TV again tonight on FSN+. Game is in the first period right now.

Comment

Notre Dame Academy forward Brett Gruber unofficially visited Wisconsin Saturday and his teammate Tony Stillwell will do the same Friday.

Comment

Jedd Soleway was named First Star of the Game last night with a goal and assist against Vernon (the team he used to play for) in a 3-1 win. He has 6 goals and 9 assists in 12 games since being traded. It's interesting to see his points per game went from .70 ppg to 1.3 ppg by being traded to a better team. I really hope Jedd is singing UW's praises to teammate Ryan Gropp!

Comment

Burnsville Jr. Forward Tyler Sheehy committed to Ohio State tonight. He was a player that Eaves went to go watch personally and also visited Wisconsin a few times. Badgers were his top choice originally from what I hear, but they never offered.

Lot of positive feedback on the kids game, and considering how wide open UW is with scholies available for 14-15 & 15-16 I'm pretty surprised they let this kid walk. Makes you wonder if they feel like they're serious players for kids like Gropp and MacMaster.

Also, Brock Boeser visited UW this past weekend. He's the cousin of former Badger Dan Boeser. Soph Forward for that same Burnsville team Sheehy plays on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          Burnsville Jr. Forward Tyler Sheehy committed to Ohio State tonight. He was a player that Eaves went to go watch personally and also visited Wisconsin a few times. Badgers were his top choice originally from what I hear, but they never offered.

Lot of positive feedback on the kids game, and considering how wide open UW is with scholies available for 14-15 & 15-16 I'm pretty surprised they let this kid walk. Makes you wonder if they feel like they're serious players for kids like Gropp and MacMaster.

Also, Brock Boeser visited UW this past weekend. He's the cousin of former Badger Dan Boeser. Soph Forward for that same Burnsville team Sheehy plays on.
                          I'm a bit disappointed UW didn't offer Sheehy. What are your thoughts on Gropp and Macmaster? what's their style of play?
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Seamus Malone had a Playmaker last night in a 4-0 win over Indiana. He's put up 24 points in 36 games (6-18-24).

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                              Seamus Malone had a Playmaker last night in a 4-0 win over Indiana. He's put up 24 points in 36 games (6-18-24).
                              2 more assists for Malone on Saturday night. 5 assists, and +5 on the weekend. Not bad as a high school sophomore in the USHL. Makes you wonder if Eaves will ask him to accelerate to graduate a year early to come in for 2014.

Comment

I have seen Malone 4 times this year and he is so fast up the boards and has some of the best hands I have seen out of a 16 year old in the USHL EVER. I could see him accelerating if he can put on some weight in the offseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X