This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Went to see Besse tonight, Benilde got throttled 7-1 (Besse had the only goal).

New recruit Jedd Soleway had 2 goals tonight for Penticton. 4-4-8 in 6 since his trade from Vernon.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Went to see Besse tonight, Benilde got throttled 7-1 (Besse had the only goal).

New recruit Jedd Soleway had 2 goals tonight for Penticton. 4-4-8 in 6 since his trade from Vernon.
      How did he look?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        How did he look?
        He's got an incredible shot. Not only is it one of the hardest I've seen at this level, he gets it off quicker than most I've seen as well. He only had one goal, but hit two pipes on shots that he got off quick and almost beat the goaltender from a bad angle.

He is left handed but plays right wing on Benilde's top line and really likes burning down the right wing wide and cutting in towards the middle for a shot. He also really likes to camp out down on at the bottom of the faceoff circle on the PP where he can use his quick shot.

The one thing that impressed me seeing him this year as compared to when I went to go watch him last year is that he looks a little thicker this year. I wouldn't say I was worried about his size but he looks to be stronger and that will help ease his transition to college hockey next year. I also think he's improved his skills protecting the puck.

Comment

He's got an incredible shot. Not only is it one of the hardest I've seen at this level, he gets it off quicker than most I've seen as well. He only had one goal, but hit two pipes on shots that he got off quick and almost beat the goaltender from a bad angle.

He is left handed but plays right wing on Benilde's top line and really likes burning down the right wing wide and cutting in towards the middle for a shot. He also really likes to camp out down on at the bottom of the faceoff circle on the PP where he can use his quick shot.

The one thing that impressed me seeing him this year as compared to when I went to go watch him last year is that he looks a little thicker this year. I wouldn't say I was worried about his size but he looks to be stronger and that will help ease his transition to college hockey next year. I also think he's improved his skills protecting the puck.
          Excellent, thanks for the report.

Comment

Two blue-chip Canadian kids to keep an eye on: Tanner MacMaster (Camrose, AJHL), & Ryan Gropp (Penticton, BCHL). Both were first round picks in the WHL draft but appear to possibly be headed NCAA.

Comment

Two blue-chip Canadian kids to keep an eye on: Tanner MacMaster (Camrose, AJHL), & Ryan Gropp (Penticton, BCHL). Both were first round picks in the WHL draft but appear to possibly be headed NCAA.
              Canadians kids, awesome. What would the projected recruiting class year be for the lads?

Comment

Canadians kids, awesome. What would the projected recruiting class year be for the lads?
                MacMaster 2014, Gropp is a September birthday I think so he might be a 2015. Have to double check.

Comment

Ryan Gropp's dad played for Colorado College. Not 100% sure, but the dates add up. If that's the case he's NCHC material... :-)

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=19524
                  Last edited by dggoddard; 01-04-2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

MacMaster 2014, Gropp is a September birthday I think so he might be a 2015. Have to double check.
                    Heisenberg has them both for 2014 but that could change.
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                      Ryan Gropp's dad played for Colorado College. Not 100% sure, but the dates add up. If that's the case he's NCHC material... :-)

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=19524
                      Brent Gropp is indeed Ryan's father.

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                      Heisenberg has them both for 2014 but that could change.
                      They are both 2014's.

I believe Gropp has visited DU, fwiw.

Comment

Burnsville and Wayzata are playing on Fox Sports North for those of you who get it. Two guys to keep an eye on are Burnsville forwards Tyler Sheehy and Brock Boeser. Sheehy has visited Wisconsin twice and Boeser is the cousin of former Badger Dan Boeser who is now an assistant coach with their varsity team. Eaves went and saw these guys play over the holidays and they are both squarely on the Badger radar right now.

Comment

Burnsville and Wayzata are playing on Fox Sports North for those of you who get it. Two guys to keep an eye on are Burnsville forwards Tyler Sheehy and Brock Boeser. Sheehy has visited Wisconsin twice and Boeser is the cousin of former Badger Dan Boeser who is now an assistant coach with their varsity team. Eaves went and saw these guys play over the holidays and they are both squarely on the Badger radar right now.
                          Sounds like they are virtually locks to me.... Any idea what classes they will come in as?

Comment

Sounds like they are virtually locks to me.... Any idea what classes they will come in as?
                            From what I've heard, if they get offers (they haven't been offered by UW yet, obviously) they would commit. As with any HS player, they're usually offered one year after they would graduate so they can spend a full year in the USHL. That would make Sheehy a 2015 kid with a year in the USHL, and Boeser a 2016.

Comment

From what I've heard, if they get offers (they haven't been offered by UW yet, obviously) they would commit. As with any HS player, they're usually offered one year after they would graduate so they can spend a full year in the USHL. That would make Sheehy a 2015 kid with a year in the USHL, and Boeser a 2016.
                              How good are these kids? Obviously Eaves isn't going to recruit guy to wear street clothes, but what kind of impact might they make if they came to UW? Obviously much can change in the coming years, both ways.
                              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                              Originally posted by UWisco
                              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                                How good are these kids? Obviously Eaves isn't going to recruit guy to wear street clothes, but what kind of impact might they make if they came to UW? Obviously much can change in the coming years, both ways.
                                I don't feel comfertable making an assessment when I've never seen these two play in person. I've heard good things from people I trust, but like I said, until I see them I don't feel safe giving an opinion.

Side note, I went and watched Besse play tonight against St. Thomas Academy. Probably the least effective that I've ever seen him be in a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X