This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

UW in the running for the top two uncommitted players in Minnesota, Shane Gersich and Connor Hurley. Do I expect UW to land either one? No. Doesn't hurt that UW is in the game though.

Gersich considering: Wisconsin, Minnesota-Duluth, North Dakota and Minnesota.
    Hurley considering: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Minnesota-Duluth, Michigan State, Ohio State, Denver and Nebraska-Omaha

Gersich's dad played for the Gophers and his uncles are the Broten brother's so it's an uphill climb for him. As for Hurley, people have said Notre Dame/Minnesota are the teams to beat.

We shall see. Both outstanding players, and likely first round draft picks when their time comes either way.

Keep an eye on Ben Newhouse, Spencer Naas and Johnny Austin from Benilde as well. Austin and Naas transferred from Blake to Benilde this year. I'm told Naas has some good offers (UMD, CC, some eastern schools) but is waiting on a UW offer. If that comes he'll likely be a Badger.
    Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 11-15-2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Eaves Inks Three In Early Signing Period LINK

Comment

Chicago Mission U16 forward Christian Fischer committed to Notre Dame today. It's not a real surprise given one of his best buddies and fellow elite 97 Tory Dello is a ND commit as well. Good player though.

That team has a few more kids who undoubtedly have drawn Wisconsin interest in Vas Kolias and Tanner Laczynski.

Comment

“@BSMBoysHockey: St. Paul Pioneer Press article on Grant Besse: LINK
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I was following the Dubuque Saints twitter feed last night and they indicated Keegan Ford started a line brawl with all ten players fighting in the second period vs. Chicago last night. There was a total of 158 penalty minutes in the game.

Comment

I have video of line brawl on my facebook page. I shared it from another guy. Keegan jumps a kid off the faceoff and all hell breaks loose!

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                I have video of line brawl on my facebook page. I shared it from another guy. Keegan jumps a kid off the faceoff and all hell breaks loose!
                Apparently Ford took a nasty hit earlier in the game and this was retaliation.

Comment

I heard a rumor that the Badgers committed to a BCHL player Jedd Soleway who was playing in Vernon but got traded to Penticton. Any conformation on this or is it a bad scoop?

Comment

Good scoop acording to his twitter page.

Jedd Soleway‏@Soleway

Phenomenal time at the University of Wisconsin. Excited to be committed, and be a badger for upcoming years!
                    If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Stats are not really that impressive for the BCHL. Big kid, one site has him as 6'2 205

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=821199
                      Last edited by herbst20; 12-17-2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Stats are not really that impressive for the BCHL. Big kid, one site has him as 6'2 205
                        From reading the opinions on here UW needs more big grinders.
                        If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=821199
                          His numbers are not very good, but he'll be scoring like 17 pts by his sr. year.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            His numbers are not very good, but he'll be scoring like 17 pts by his sr. year.
                            But that will be showing improvement over the 5 points he had as a Fr so it's all ok.

6 or 7 grinders on a roster of 15 forwards isn't a problem, 9 or 10 is. Who knows, Eaves has gotten the most our of guys with prototypical NHL size, maybe this will be the Elliott type home run on an unheralded guy out of Canada.

Comment

Soleway's numbers aren't off the charts, but he was playing for the worst team in his division so it's not like they were stacked on talent. In four games since his trade to Penticton he's recorded five points. We'll see where this goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                                6 or 7 grinders on a roster of 15 forwards isn't a problem, 9 or 10 is.
                                I think everyone can agree with this statement.

Comment

Working...
                                X