PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51

Chuck Schwartz
04-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Wisconsin target Brock Boeser visiting Gophers and Ohio State in near future. Decision soon.

Also, Davison rumor is 100% bull.

Timothy A
04-06-2013, 07:01 AM
Wisconsin target Brock Boeser visiting Gophers and Ohio State in near future. Decision soon.

Also, Davison rumor is 100% bull.

Relation to Dan Boeser? Is he a blue chippah?

UWisco
04-06-2013, 02:48 PM

Cousin.

Chuck Schwartz
04-06-2013, 09:11 PM

Like UWisco said, cousin. Maybe not a blue-chipper, but a very, very good player. He likely would have been a lock to Wisconsin had the Badgers offered his teammate Sheehy, who wanted to be a Badger but didn't get an offer and settled on Ohio State.

Chuck Schwartz
04-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Grant Besse with the game winner tonight for the Omaha Lancers. Third goal in his past four USHL games, fourth in seven USHL games overall.

ALSO, Christian Dvorak got called up to the Chicago Steel this weekend and had the game winner Friday night in overtime. \

I know people like to rag on Eaves and the staff, but they've got some nice forwards lined up.

Bonin21
04-07-2013, 01:14 AM
I know people like to rag on Eaves and the staff, but they've got some nice forwards lined up.
Going to need a LOT to replace next year's graduating class of forwards (and Kerdiles? and LaBate?). That'd be 6-8 everyday forwards. Right now I don't see enough forwards lined up for 2014. Going to be a busy summer and fall.

Chuck Schwartz
04-07-2013, 03:55 AM
Going to need a LOT to replace next year's graduating class of forwards (and Kerdiles? and LaBate?). That'd be 6-8 everyday forwards. Right now I don't see enough forwards lined up for 2014. Going to be a busy summer and fall.

They are probably looking at bringing in 6 forwards for the 2014 class. The only one locked in right now is Jedd Soleway out of Penticton. Christian Dvorak can be a 2014 as well, and if he continues on this pace I think he will be. They are clearly waiting on some top end kids right now in that class before they put out other offers. I don't mind them waiting one bit. Can't afford to settle on second class recruits.

Bonin21
04-07-2013, 03:50 PM
They are probably looking at bringing in 6 forwards for the 2014 class. The only one locked in right now is Jedd Soleway out of Penticton. Christian Dvorak can be a 2014 as well, and if he continues on this pace I think he will be. They are clearly waiting on some top end kids right now in that class before they put out other offers. I don't mind them waiting one bit. Can't afford to settle on second class recruits.
Couldn't Malone be a 2014? Two years of USHL experience by then.

Chuck Schwartz
04-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Couldn't Malone be a 2014? Two years of USHL experience by then.

He's only a sophomore in high school right now, which is obviously impressive for how well he's playing in the USHL. I interviewed his coach a month or so back and he said they talked about accelerating him but decided against it.

Timothy A
04-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Like UWisco said, cousin. Maybe not a blue-chipper, but a very, very good player. He likely would have been a lock to Wisconsin had the Badgers offered his teammate Sheehy, who wanted to be a Badger but didn't get an offer and settled on Ohio State.

So what kind of player is Sheehy?

Chuck Schwartz
04-08-2013, 01:54 PM
So what kind of player is Sheehy?

In short, a good one. Smallish forward but he's got nice hands and play-making ability. I would have offered him.

Timothy A
04-08-2013, 03:47 PM
In short, a good one. Smallish forward but he's got nice hands and play-making ability. I would have offered him.

Huh. Sounds like Zengerlee or Lee. I wonder what Eaves is looking for? He could have picked up a guy who sounds like a 4 yr top 2 line guy and a 4 yr top 3 line guy in Boeser.

Wisko McBadgerton
04-09-2013, 08:37 PM
So with Woods leaving I would think Eaves would want to bring in Jedd Soleway right away? I assume he's the only option at this point that could come in next year for sure. Getting a year under Soleway's belt before the forward exodus the next year seems like a no brainer. Or am I missing something?

DPlaya
04-09-2013, 08:54 PM
So with Woods leaving I would think Eaves would want to bring in Jedd Soleway right away? I assume he's the only option at this point that could come in next year for sure. Getting a year under Soleway's belt before the forward exodus the next year seems like a no brainer. Or am I missing something?

They could bring in Soleway, but I would think they'd take some time to survey the landscape first. With a couple of D1 Coaches now fired (Gwoz and Whitehead at Maine) maybe there are or will be an elite forward or two looking for a new place to play? I know D-man Gage Ausmus decommitted from Denver, but not sure if any forwards have decommitted. Word just came out today about Whitehead.

Wisko McBadgerton
04-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Wasn't Besse's linemate signed to DU? Can't think of his name... I want to say he was #27? Anyway, that kid had some game...

DPlaya
04-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Wasn't Besse's linemate signed to DU? Can't think of his name... I want to say he was #27? Anyway, that kid had some game...

#27 is Dan Labosky...he's committed to Colorado College.

Pucky Bucky
04-09-2013, 09:30 PM

I believe you're thinking of Dan Labosky. He's a CC commit but you're right he does have some game.

Wisko McBadgerton
04-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Labosky. Thanks. Yes, that's who I was thinking of. He's a little guy, but has some pretty good game.

Bah... CC -- DU, whatever... Pretty much all the same now that Gwoz is out. ;)

WiscDC
04-09-2013, 09:53 PM
I believe you're thinking of Dan Labosky. He's a CC commit but you're right he does have some game.

We host CC again soon, right? Am I remembering this correctly? If so, I can't wait to let out a stream of "The Big Lebowski" referenes..."Give me the money, Labosky!"

Wisko McBadgerton
04-10-2013, 08:28 AM
They could bring in Soleway, but I would think they'd take some time to survey the landscape first. With a couple of D1 Coaches now fired (Gwoz and Whitehead at Maine) maybe there are or will be an elite forward or two looking for a new place to play? I know D-man Gage Ausmus decommitted from Denver, but not sure if any forwards have decommitted. Word just came out today about Whitehead.

Should DU clean house in regards to assistants next month, Will Butcher would still look pretty good in Cardinal and White... provided he wouldn't choose to head north of the border, that is.

"The Big Lebowski"

See, it's funny because Lebosky is only 5' 7".