X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Not that I can share here, unfortunately.
    He's committed to BC, so you won't hurt his feelings that you ratted him out, fill us in.

I see on your recruit chart Grunwald has a .909 save %. That's not too shabby, maybe he's coming around.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      He's committed to BC, so you won't hurt his feelings that you ratted him out, fill us in.
      Nope, important that confidential sources and information remain confidential, otherwise the flow of that information stops. People don't freely share information with those who have a reputation for spilling confidential information. Who is to say that McCoshen is even the source of that information?

Comment

The flow of what info? It's public knowledge he's going to BC. I know Andy, er Chuck does want to p-off Eaves, that's the real reason why he doesn't want to tell us why he turned UW away.

Comment

The flow of what info? It's public knowledge he's going to BC. I know Andy, er Chuck does want to p-off Eaves, that's the real reason why he doesn't want to tell us why he turned UW away.
          There is way, way, way, way, way, way more information sources available than Mike Eaves. I have no idea who Chuck gets his info from, but I'm sure it is varied and diverse, and UW is probably not even on his list.

I've had information shared w/ me in the past, and it never came from Mike Eaves. A lot of people know things, and as Almington said, giving out too much information that was passed on means they don't tell you anything again, and the next lead will be news by the time we hear it from WSJ instead of from Chuck or Dplaya or someone else.
          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
          Originally posted by UWisco
          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

I'm not sure you understand how things work here. The majority of the information that I receive, or other insiders receive doesn't come from the players themselves (although some does). It's mostly from relationships developed with coaches, scouts, agents/advisors, other insiders, etc. You'd be surprised how many things are shared that people specifically tell you needs to be kept private. This is one of those things. Not going to burn a relationship for something dumb like this.

Comment

great to see Besse #1 in pre-season Mr. Hockey talk - http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....key-watch-list

however...wow, is losing 10 kids to USHL or MJ to be expected now for MSHSL? I had thought the pride on ice would make leaving HS a very difficult decision.

...hopefully Benilde will make the finals again, and perhaps Schuey can get another one or two of those kids to verbal to UW
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                ...hopefully Benilde will make the finals again, and perhaps Schuey can get another one or two of those kids to verbal to UW
                There's a good chance Besse won't be the only kid on that team Badger fans will be interested in following this season.
                Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 11-13-2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  I'm not sure you understand how things work here. The majority of the information that I receive, or other insiders receive doesn't come from the players themselves (although some does). It's mostly from relationships developed with coaches, scouts, agents/advisors, other insiders, etc. You'd be surprised how many things are shared that people specifically tell you needs to be kept private. This is one of those things. Not going to burn a relationship for something dumb like this.
                  Players are about the worst sources of information, what happens in the locker room generally stays in the locker room. A large flow of information from the players is a sign of a fractured locker room, in my experience.

Comment

There's a good chance Besse won't be the only kid on that team Badger fans will be interested in following this season.
                    cool, I'll have to keep an eye on the st. paul trib for some box scores and stories on who's making noise w/that team outside of Grant
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Grant Besse and Corbin McGuire will be signing their letters of intent today. Tim Davision says he'll do his this weekend. Not positive on Grunwald yet, although it sounds like he may be signing as well.

Comment

Grant Besse and Corbin McGuire will be signing their letters of intent today. Tim Davision says he'll do his this weekend. Not positive on Grunwald yet, although it sounds like he may be signing as well.
                        I'm not trying to sound mean, but will McGuire ever be anything besides a kid on the roster who sees an occasional game's worth of action?
                        Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                        Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                        Originally posted by UWisco
                        It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                          I'm not trying to sound mean, but will McGuire ever be anything besides a kid on the roster who sees an occasional game's worth of action?
                          I haven't seen him play since he was 15, but his numbers certainly aren't jumping off the page in a positive fashion.

Comment

I question the Davision signing for 2013 as well

Watched him play several games this year already and he will not be "ready" to play college hockeyin 2013...

2014? Maybe, but that would put him in with the group of 96's coming in

It would be wise for Eaves to put off signing a scholarship agreement with him until Spring of 2013 so they can better evaluate his situation with the new asst coach coming in
                            Last edited by thetruthhurts; 11-14-2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Reporters can report what they are told, but not expose their sources, that's what I was getting at. My comment about not p/oing Eaves was from the thought that if McGoshen picked BC because he thinks Eaves is a bleep, well, Eaves doen't want that getting around, and Chuck still wants to be able to talk to Eaves.

Comment

Reporters can report what they are told, but not expose their sources, that's what I was getting at. My comment about not p/oing Eaves was from the thought that if McGoshen picked BC because he thinks Eaves is a bleep, well, Eaves doen't want that getting around, and Chuck still wants to be able to talk to Eaves.
                                I'm familiar with how anonymous sourcing works. What you're not understanding is that sometimes we're told stuff and given specific instructions that it can't be talked about. If we do talk about it, that person will never give us info in the future which we might be able to use publicly.

Comment

Working...
                                X