PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51

Gandalf the Red
03-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Wisconsin receives a verbal from 1992 born Aiden Cavallini (Brookings, NAHL). Hard-nosed guy according to his coach. Will have quotes on the blog later.

Update: Quotes are up from his assistant coach. Seems like the replacement for Ryan Little to me. (LINK (http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2013/3/18/4120244/badgers-receive-commitment-from-nahl-forward-aidan-cavallini))

Sounds like my kind of kid, hopefully he can notch a few goals over time too when the opportunity arises.

markwojo
03-18-2013, 06:33 PM
I am assuming this is a little more then some book money addition in which case I think it is certainly a good thing to be in the good graces of this family. Cavallini has built the Mission into the premier AAA attraction in the Chicagoland area...even drawing the likes of the Schmaltz clan from the Madison area for a stop over before moving on to bigger and better and landing at North Dakota.

Chuck Schwartz
03-18-2013, 06:41 PM
I am assuming this is a little more then some book money addition in which case I think it is certainly a good thing to be in the good graces of this family. Cavallini has built the Mission into the premier AAA attraction in the Chicagoland area...even drawing the likes of the Schmaltz clan from the Madison area for a stop over before moving on to bigger and better and landing at North Dakota.

Correct on all fronts.

Gandalf the Red
03-18-2013, 07:32 PM

As long as he doesn't end up in Eaves' doghouse, which apparently has walls so high it is nearly impossible to escape.

Timothy A
03-19-2013, 12:33 PM
As long as he doesn't end up in Eaves' doghouse, which apparently has walls so high it is nearly impossible to escape.

No kidding...who has ever escaped Stalag 100?

markwojo
03-19-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm sure a 5th liner is not overly worried about being in the doghouse.

Wisko McBadgerton
03-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Hey! An overage kid who is semi-Canadian? I say it's a step in the right direction!!!

And who knows? He's a big strong kid with some heart by all accounts. He may work his way into a role. Yes, yes... I know... We get lots of grinders. Still, we gotta have some on the team in four years, right?

markwojo
03-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Hey! An overage kid who is semi-Canadian? I say it's a step in the right direction!!!

And who knows? He's a big strong kid with some heart by all accounts. He may work his way into a role. Yes, yes... I know... We get lots of grinders. Still, we gotta have some on the team in four years, right?

Exactly right. I don't expect much from him next season barring mass attrition this summer and/or a major injury epidemic. But the following season, we will have a significant turnover of the roster with lots of spots and a kid that has been in the system a year, he may have a chance to grab a role. Eaves has taken some bigger bodies that were less then blue chip pedigree and had a few of them work out into productive players and few not.

Chuck Schwartz
03-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Jack Dougherty from St. Thomas Academy committed to Ohio State. I got to see him a bit this year and really liked his game. His stock went up big time after USA camp last summer and Wisconsin was a team that had been talking to him. I don't know if they ever offered or not.

On a side note, I think Wisconsin needs to make a play on Avery Peterson from Grand Rapids. I'm told Wisconsin is his choice if they offer, but they hadn't at the time (this was a month ago). He's been on campus for at least one visit.

DPlaya
03-30-2013, 09:00 AM
Jedd Solway (UW recruit) had a goal for Penticton as they took game 1 in the BCHL Semi-finals last night. Game 2 is tonight.

Sounds like Matt Berkovitz (Ashwaubenon HS and UW recruit) and Brett Gruber (Notre Dame) practiced with Dubuque a few days ago and Mason Appleton (Notre Dame) had been invited but has ankle issues and didn't go. Chuck had mentioned Gruber made a visit to UW a while back.

Peter Tischke (UW recruit) suited up for the Chicago Steel last night. Looks like he may have replaced Tim Davison (UW recruit) in the lineup as Davison didn't play. Tischke finished -1 in a win over Muskegon.

I'm glad the Badgers brought in a fourth forward for next year as I requested in February :D! That may help for the 2014-2015 season as 6 forwards graduate after next season. After reading more about Cavallini in the Madison.com article, I'm encouraged there may be some more upside there as he basically lost two seasons to injury (at age 17 & 18).

Chuck Schwartz
03-31-2013, 12:35 AM
Tim Davison had his best night in the USHL so far with three assists for the Chicago Steel.

Jedd Soleway had another nice game for Penticton with a goal and two assists. Four goals, four assists in six playoff games now for Soleway. He's tied for second in points per game in the BCHL in the playoffs. One more year in the BCHL and he'll be in Madison in 2014 and is looking like a pretty nice pickup.

Grant Besse scored last night for Omaha, and now has two goals in five USHL games. He is a -4, however.

Not sure if I mentioned this or not before, but Corbin McGuire's EJHL team won the championship in its league.

Bonin21
03-31-2013, 12:51 AM
The NCAA suspended Kerdiles just long enough that he couldn't tear it up all year and go pro. The Big Ten will need all the talent it can get because of the love/hate battle it's facing. Conspiracy.

Timothy A
04-01-2013, 12:19 PM
The NCAA suspended Kerdiles just long enough that he couldn't tear it up all year and go pro. The Big Ten will need all the talent it can get because of the love/hate battle it's facing. Conspiracy.

Are you implying I should not root against the rodents in every game they play?

markwojo
04-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Wondering how sold Will Butcher is on Denver without Gwoz there? I assume at this point he has signed a letter of intent, but can't imagine Denver not giving him a release with a coach leaving if he wanted to go elsewhere. If somehow this April Fools mirage turned into Gwoz at UW...I would imagine Butcher would not be an option as the right thing to do would be to not have him follow Gwoz.

Wisko McBadgerton
04-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Wondering how sold Will Butcher is on Denver without Gwoz there? I assume at this point he has signed a letter of intent, but can't imagine Denver not giving him a release with a coach leaving if he wanted to go elsewhere. If somehow this April Fools mirage turned into Gwoz at UW...I would imagine Butcher would not be an option as the right thing to do would be to not have him follow Gwoz.

Will is a friend of my nephew and my understanding has been that he's really been cranked about going to DU. Family connection there too I believe, right?
But now... who knows? Where there's Will -- maybe there's a way... :)

Chuck Schwartz
04-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Butcher landed at Denver due to his father's connection with assistant coach Steven Miller who is from Sun Prairie, like Butcher is. Situations like these are why you keep good relationships with players even if they don't initially commit. I'm not saying it's going to happen or anything, but the reason he went to Denver was Miller. Will he still go if he's not there? Who knows.

Gandalf the Red
04-01-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm just SHOCKED that Gwoz has resigned or whatever the situation is.

Gwoz can bring Steven Milller along w/ him to UW, and all of his best recruits.

DoorCtyBadgers
04-01-2013, 09:24 PM
dont know what the truth is, was notified by two of his former team wisconsin teammates that Tim Davison will not be attending Wisconsin. Anyone else know of this or if it is true or not????? Or am I real late on hearing this news?????

UWisco
04-01-2013, 09:28 PM
dont know what the truth is, was notified by two of his former team wisconsin teammates that Tim Davison will not be attending Wisconsin. Anyone else know of this or if it is true or not????? Or am I real late on hearing this news?????

I haven't heard of this. But he did sign his LOI for next year in the early signing period.

DoorCtyBadgers
04-01-2013, 09:30 PM
I haven't heard of this. But he did sign his LOI for next year in the early signing period.

then i would have to assume this guys are a little off on their story....thought it sounded wierd