This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

By the way, two goalies have recently come off the board that UW had interest in. Cam Hackett committed to Cornell, and Cal Peterson committed to Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      By the way, two goalies have recently come off the board that UW had interest in. Cam Hackett committed to Cornell, and Cal Peterson committed to Notre Dame.
      What is the projection for the length of Rumpel's stay @ UW?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        What is the projection for the length of Rumpel's stay @ UW?
        Goalies generally take a little longer to develop into good pro prospects, but I do not like that fact that he was undrafted. Got a feeling that after next season he may be in high demand as a free agent with NHL teams shallow on organizational depth anxious to sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
          Goalies generally take a little longer to develop into good pro prospects, but I do not like that fact that he was undrafted. Got a feeling that after next season he may be in high demand as a free agent with NHL teams shallow on organizational depth anxious to sign him.
          But at the same time it's hard for goalies to stick. Just look at guys like Marc Cheverie who was a WCHA player of the year, the majority of his pro career after leaving DU after 3 years has been spent in the ECHL. I'd say the odds are good that Rumpel is a four year guy at UW.

Comment

But at the same time it's hard for goalies to stick. Just look at guys like Marc Cheverie who was a WCHA player of the year, the majority of his pro career after leaving DU after 3 years has been spent in the ECHL. I'd say the odds are good that Rumpel is a four year guy at UW.
            Generally I'd agree but I think markwojo is right. Any free agent situation leaves the door open to a sooner than expected departure than if the same kid was drafted in the later rounds. All it takes is 1 of 30 when you are a UFA
            University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
              Generally I'd agree but I think markwojo is right. Any free agent situation leaves the door open to a sooner than expected departure than if the same kid was drafted in the later rounds. All it takes is 1 of 30 when you are a UFA
              Goalies are different though.

2012 early departures: Mike Lee (Phoenix draft pick); Aaron Dell (Idiot)
              2011 early departures: Allen York (Columbus draft pick); Keith Kincaid (free agent)
              2010 early departures: Marc Cheverie (Floriday draft pick); Cameron Talbot (free agent)

In the past three years, six goalies have left early, three were NHL picks, three weren't. It's not the same as being an un-drafted position player. Could he go? Sure. But, I wouldn't be worried about it at this point.

Comment

Could he go? Sure. But, I wouldn't be worried about it at this point.
                I think UW is in fine hands with Petersen as the insurance card. I was thinking perhaps UW could redshirt Petersen 1 year, so if Rumpel stays 4 years, he can start a year and give the next in line at least a year to get used to college hockey. Let's say Eaves did that and Rumpel blows out his knee in the middle of the year, then couldn't they still yank the redshirt off Petersen or is there a cut-off in the amount of games played/season length left where you loose the ability to pull the redshirt off a player?
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                  I'd agree, except that with the way that the current CBA is set up, if a player spends any time in juniors after being drafted teams have to sign the players before they are seniors or they become free agents because a team only has the rights to a player for 4 years after they are drafted and not 4 years after they enter college. Which means that an NHL team isn't going to sign the player unless they are absolutely outstanding just because they don't want to have it appear that they "wasted" that draft pick and received nothing in return.

I hope that it is something that gets altered when the NHLPA and NHL agree on a new CBA. If nothing else it is just another reason for NHL teams to push players towards the MJ system.

Comment

Corbin McGuire played in his first game today in over a month. Told me he suffered a grade 2 MCL tear. Thankfully it didn't require surgery. Said he just started skating last week so it's going to take a little time to get back to 100%.

Comment

McCoshen to BC...

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                        McCoshen to BC...
                        Was certainly a curve ball, but he hasn't been in the picture for Wisconsin for months. It was known over the summer that it wasn't going to happen with him and UW.

Comment

Was certainly a curve ball, but he hasn't been in the picture for Wisconsin for months. It was known over the summer that it wasn't going to happen with him and UW.
                          Any insight as to why it wasn't going to happen at UW?
                          National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                          two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                          b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                            Any insight as to why it wasn't going to happen at UW?
                            Not that I can share here, unfortunately.

Comment

All five committed Wisconsin defensive recruits have confirmed that they are honoring their commitments to Wisconsin. LINK

Comment

Much rather see McCoshen at BC then at a B1G or soon to be old WCHA rival like minnesota or North Dakota.
                                Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                                Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                                Originally posted by UWisco
                                It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Working...
                                X