X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Until I see these AAA Chicago felles rip it up in college for UW, I'll be a bit on the doubtful side on their talent, but I wouldn't use the word "concerned", just maybe paranoid?

Would you equate playing at the level of AAA to that of the BCHL?
    No, but all these kids are going to be playing in the USHL. Jake Linhart and Seamus Malone have already made the jump as 16 year olds into the USHL. Peter Tischke and Christian Dvorak will do the same next year.

Comment

Credit where credit is due, Grunwald played pretty well stopping 18/19 shots in a 4-1 win. Hopefully they start giving him some more starts so we can get a better feel.

Comment

So Chuck, are there any guys UW could bring in that could be more than just roster filler if Kerdiles hits the eject button? Obviously there's no one even close to his caliber that is not signed, but is there anyone out there who is worth typing about? If Kerdiles ejects, I'd just give his cash to some partial guys this season otherwise.

As far as next season, could Eaves land someone of Kerdiles' ability given he has a full (assumed) scholarship to use?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I highly doubt that someone close to Kerdiles's level could be brought in next year at this point. First, the pool of first round caliber players looking at the college route is fairly shallow to begin with and those guys are generally already committed. Kerdiles had been committed 2.5 years prior to showing up on campus and that is fairly typical of the elite level recruit. You can certainly find a late bloomer that can help at the college level for next fall at this point, but think solid-very good as opposed to elite level player.

Comment

So Chuck, are there any guys UW could bring in that could be more than just roster filler if Kerdiles hits the eject button? Obviously there's no one even close to his caliber that is not signed, but is there anyone out there who is worth typing about? If Kerdiles ejects, I'd just give his cash to some partial guys this season otherwise.

As far as next season, could Eaves land someone of Kerdiles' ability given he has a full (assumed) scholarship to use?
            Well, the semester started five weeks ago so they are well past the point of bringing anyone in now. Technically they could bring someone in for second semester, but that would be shocking.

As for next year, like Wojo said...there aren't a lot of elite guys out there. There are good players, but no one close to Kerdiles' level.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
              I highly doubt that someone close to Kerdiles's level could be brought in next year at this point. First, the pool of first round caliber players looking at the college route is fairly shallow to begin with and those guys are generally already committed. Kerdiles had been committed 2.5 years prior to showing up on campus and that is fairly typical of the elite level recruit. You can certainly find a late bloomer that can help at the college level for next fall at this point, but think solid-very good as opposed to elite level player.
              Good point about Kerdiles/elites being committed for 2.5 years. UW only loses 2 F next year to graduation, so IF everyone stays, I'm not sure how much he will be missed. But if any combo of Zengerlee, Mersch, Barnes bail, they will desperately need him. If everyone stays, UW will be a mega power with or without Kerdiles.

Comment

...if Kerdiles ends up leaving does Eaves bring Besse in next season foregoing USHL seasoning?
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  ...if Kerdiles ends up leaving does Eaves bring Besse in next season foregoing USHL seasoning?
                  Depends on how some other things work out. If they don't like who's still available on the market, it's certainly possible. Obviously they'd like to save him for 2014.

Comment

Sounds like we could have a couple kids to keep an eye on at Benilde this season. Transfer d-man Johnny Austin is on the radar.

Comment

Two USHL notes today. Christian Dvorak will be making his USHL debut with the Chicago Steel this weekend. Also, Peter Tischke had his rights traded from Des Moines to Chicago, although he's expected to stay with the Mission U18's for now.

I'm also hoping to watch UW's latest recruit Matt Berkovitz in Duluth this weekend.

Comment

I'm also hoping to watch UW's latest recruit Matt Berkovitz in Duluth this weekend.

I hope you get to see Berkovitz. I'd be interested to hear more about him.

Team Wisconsin Minor jumped to 9th in the country after winning the Warriors AAA Invitational in Troy, MI last weekend. They outscored opponents 27-2 in 6 games. I guess after playing the #3 (Shattuck),# 5 (Mission) & #6 (St. Louis Blues) teams in the country in 8 out of your first 10 games you are ready for anyone.

Berkovitz leads TW Minor in assists with 18 and is third in overall points (2 goals, 18 assists for 20 points).

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post

I hope you get to see Berkovitz. I'd be interested to hear more about him.

Team Wisconsin Minor jumped to 9th in the country after winning the Warriors AAA Invitational in Troy, MI last weekend. They outscored opponents 27-2 in 6 games. I guess after playing the #3 (Shattuck),# 5 (Mission) & #6 (St. Louis Blues) teams in the country in 8 out of your first 10 games you are ready for anyone.

Berkovitz leads TW Minor in assists with 18 and is third in overall points (2 goals, 18 assists for 20 points).
                          His HS team plays at Middleton on December 15th for anyone looking to see Berkovitz play in the Madison area. I plan on going.
                          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                          Originally posted by UWisco
                          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                            There was some chatter in this thread about Keegan Ford's brother Jason. He is with Janesville in the NAHL now, and no longer with Dubuque in the USHL. I had noticed that Janesville had him on their roster last week, and he has been playing in the NAHL Showcase for the last 3 days with Janesville. Austin Vieth from Notre Dame Academy who was injured his entire Senior year (last season) has 3 goals and 3 assists in 3 games for Janesville. Chicago in the USHL held his rights at one point. Vieth's injury was a shoulder if I remember correctly and he had it surgically repaired last year right after the start of the Elite League.
                            just a heads up....Jason Ford has commited to Bemidji.... http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/commitments.php
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              just a heads up....Jason Ford has commited to Bemidji.... http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/commitments.php
                              Good for him. Was Jason someone Eaves had interest in?

Comment

Good for him. Was Jason someone Eaves had interest in?
                                Not enough to make an offer.

Comment

Working...
                                X