X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Yes, he confirmed to me tonight that he committed for 2014.

More HERE if you're interested.
    Very nice, might have to make the trip to Dubuque a few times to see the Saints play. Actually closer than the Gamblers, but has the disadvantage of being in Iowa, if barely.
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Originally posted by UWisco
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
      I don't disagree he needs USHL. They all could in some way or another.

It's not dislike. It's honesty after seeing years of performance.
      Did you even see Besse in the state tourney? I don't think I remember seeing one player dominate play like that since, since, since the Junior year of Patrick White.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
        Did you even see Besse in the state tourney? I don't think I remember seeing one player dominate play like that since, since, since the Junior year of Patrick White.
        Funny

Comment

There was some chatter in this thread about Keegan Ford's brother Jason. He is with Janesville in the NAHL now, and no longer with Dubuque in the USHL. I had noticed that Janesville had him on their roster last week, and he has been playing in the NAHL Showcase for the last 3 days with Janesville. Austin Vieth from Notre Dame Academy who was injured his entire Senior year (last season) has 3 goals and 3 assists in 3 games for Janesville. Chicago in the USHL held his rights at one point. Vieth's injury was a shoulder if I remember correctly and he had it surgically repaired last year right after the start of the Elite League.

Comment

Peter Tischke got injured on Saturday. I was there watching him and Christian Dvorak play for the Mission 18's.

Tischke lasted just 3-4 shifts before taking a brutal knee-to-knee hit coming around the net. Struggled getting off the ice and into the locker room. Saw him icing his knee after he left the game, and then had to use his stick as a crutch leaving the arena for the hospital.

Was told by someone that was with him, "X-Ray clean. Strained MCL, MRI at home to see if torn. Knee brace and crutches. Return TBD."

Also, Christian Dvorak looked great. Even better than the last time I saw him. The kid is so intelligent on the ice, probably had 4-5 points in the game I watched him play Saturday including a couple goals. His entry date to Wisconsin won't be affected by his skills, because he's more offensively gifted than a lot of kids who are going to enter college this season. But he's still rail thin and needs time to work on his strength. I'd bet on him being here for 2014 when it's all said and done.

Both Wisconsin assistants Bill Butters and Gary Shuchuk were in Blaine at this event Saturday (I assume they were there all weekend). Both coaches watched about half of the Mission game. I also saw them watching the ultra talented Team Southwest from the HS Elite League that features some of the top available Minnesota players like Connor Hurley, Dylan Malmquist, Parker Reno, Shane Gersich, etc. They also were on hand to watch Team Wisconsin majors play. Although, every coach in the WCHA was there for both of these elite league games as well.

Should also note that potential recruit Brett Gruber from Team Wisconsin U16 and Notre Dame Academy broke his wrist in two places this weekend. Told me he'll be out 4-8 weeks. He's a kid who was really starting to gain some momentum as a prospect, so this is a tough injury for him. Hopefully he can get back for most of the high school season. Notre Dame should be stacked again this season and will be the favorites to repeat for a state title.

Speaking of Notre Dame Academy, starting to hear rumors of Luke Davison getting interest from a lot more teams now. Already has a Michigan Tech offer.
            Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 09-16-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Per his twitter, Arrowhead HS & TW U16 d-man Tristan Rostagno has committed to Michigan Tech for 2015. 6'2, 185. 9/25/1996.

Comment

Seamus Malone seems to be adapting to the pace of play at the USHL level very quickly...after being shut out in his first USHL exhibition game he's had 5 goals and an assist in the past 3 exhibition games for Dubuque. He had two goals and an assist vs. the USNTDP U-18's tonight and finished +2 for the game. Here's his USHL Poinstreak page.

Comment

Jake Linhart added a goal and an assist today and is +4 through two games at the USHL Fall Classic. Young kids adjusting well to the USHL so far.

Comment

96 born Kohler, WI native Alex Falconer made the Shattuck Prep Team. Not overly impressed when I saw him, but a name to remember either way.

Comment

Stop me if you've heard this before. Goalie recruit Gabe Grunwald is once again struggling to stop pucks. Looks like he's even the #2 with his new team, again.

Comment

Stop!

At least we have Rumpel/Petersen for 3 more years, or at least Petersen 3 more for sure.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Stop!

At least we have Rumpel/Petersen for 3 more years, or at least Petersen 3 more for sure.
                          Nothing is ever written in stone with athletes.
                          If you want to be a championship organization, you need a solid succession plan for when the current players leave. Who is the NEXT goalie isn't a critical issue RIGHT NOW, but it is something that the coaching staff need to consider as it becomes more apparent that Grunwald may not be the answer because you don't want to be left scrambling if it does become an immediate need.

Comment

Unless he's hurt, Grunwald is the clear #2 with Georgetown (OJHL). Daniel Mannella played both games for them again this weekend, stopping 69 of 71 shots. Kid actually is playing really well, leading the league in GAA and Save %.

Grunwald is a great kid. He's answered every question, and done every interview. You root for kids like that to have success. But at some point you have to think they will have to find an alternative. It's just too important of a position.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              Unless he's hurt, Grunwald is the clear #2 with Georgetown (OJHL). Daniel Mannella played both games for them again this weekend, stopping 69 of 71 shots. Kid actually is playing really well, leading the league in GAA and Save %.

Grunwald is a great kid. He's answered every question, and done every interview. You root for kids like that to have success. But at some point you have to think they will have to find an alternative. It's just too important of a position.
                              So is Adam Miller is essentially just a practice guy or is he someone who could end up battling for the start in 3 yrs? Luckily Eaves does have the next 3 years covered in the net with or without Miller in the mix. I think Eaves will find an over-looked tender in Canada like Elliott for a tender. Overall, I'm becoming not such a big fan of these early commitments, quite a few of Eaves' never even make it to Madison and then guys like McGuire and Grunwald don't seem to be evolving as expected. But I guess that's how the recruiting game is played these days.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                So is Adam Miller is essentially just a practice guy or is he someone who could end up battling for the start in 3 yrs? Luckily Eaves does have the next 3 years covered in the net with or without Miller in the mix. I think Eaves will find an over-looked tender in Canada like Elliott for a tender. Overall, I'm becoming not such a big fan of these early commitments, quite a few of Eaves' never even make it to Madison and then guys like McGuire and Grunwald don't seem to be evolving as expected. But I guess that's how the recruiting game is played these days.
                                Miller is just a practice guy. I wouldn't expect anything out of him in terms of ever seeing ice time at UW.

As for the early commits, you don't have much of a choice but to offer kids early if you want good players. Sure, there are some late bloomers and some kids that you can wait on. But as long as other schools are going to continue to offer kids early, you're going to have to take kids early too. Is every kid going to plan out? No. You just have to trust your talent evaluators and hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X