This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
    I'm glad you didn't say his mom and dad are cousins, now if they were from Nodak I could see it.
    Haha ...
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      The one nice thing they do have going is that Grant Besse can come in next year if they don't find a couple forwards on the market that they want for next fall. Remember that he's a more talented kid than Christian Horn from the same team that the Gophers are bringing in now (Horn is better defensively, and probably more ready for the college game but the point remains).
      Horn is pretty much a walk on and Besse is getting a big scholly. Better hope he provides what you expect on the one end of the rink he plays because his price tag is a lot higher than a guy that has a better two way game.
      University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
        Horn is pretty much a walk on and Besse is getting a big scholly. Better hope he provides what you expect on the one end of the rink he plays because his price tag is a lot higher than a guy that has a better two way game.
        We get it, you don't like Grant Besse.

Comment

Just find the comparison (and the commentary with it) funny given the disparity in scholarship being spent on each...

If anything, I'll be interested to see how Eaves impacts his game. Because he's not going to be able to get away with the floater act he does now with Eaves as his coach.
          University of Minnesota

Comment

Just find the comparison (and the commentary with it) funny given the disparity in scholarship being spent on each...

If anything, I'll be interested to see how Eaves impacts his game. Because he's not going to be able to get away with the floater act he does now with Eaves as his coach.
            Was obviously simply pointing out that he's more talented than a kid from his own team that is coming into the WCHA two seasons before he's scheduled to arrive in Madison. And that if the UW staff felt he was ready after this year, that he would be another option for 2013 where UW still has needs up front.

Scholarship thing is pretty irrelevant considering Horn a local kid who grew up a gopher fan. He's not walking on to another school in the country. That's like Brad Navin who accepted an offer for 2013 when Ohio State offered him for 2011. Things changed later, but it's certainly not apples to apples to compare offers to a school a kid grew up following.

It really had nothing to do with Horn, was simply pointing out that I think the kid could easily be ready to come in for 2013 instead of 2014 like he's committed for.
            Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 09-06-2012, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Scholarship thing is pretty irrelevant considering Horn a local kid who grew up a gopher fan. He's not walking on to another school in the country.
              The scholarship is the beauty of it. You pay much more in that comparison.

The other thing is Horn won't have to drastically change his style of play to be effective in college. Besse is definitely going to have to alter his game. Especially for a coach that is more systems oriented. He won't be able to float and freelance like he does now. If anything, that's the reason he should go to the USHL. Gonna need to learn there is actually ice below the circles of his team's defensive zone.
              University of Minnesota

Comment

The other thing is Horn won't have to drastically change his style of play to be effective in college. Besse is definitely going to have to alter his game. Especially for a coach that is more systems oriented. He won't be able to float and freelance like he does now. If anything, that's the reason he should go to the USHL. Gonna need to learn there is actually ice below the circles of his team's defensive zone.
                We're not even talking about the same thing. Just more rhetoric on your dislike for Besse.

Comment

Under Eaves, you're right Besse will likely be asked to play a 2-way game, however...Robbie Earl sure had a bit of leeway in that regard and that's where I see Besse fitting under Eaves' guidance. Earl was never great on the defensive side but his offensive upside sort of softened Eaves' approach w/him I feel.
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

We're not even talking about the same thing. Just more rhetoric on your dislike for Besse.
                    I don't disagree he needs USHL. They all could in some way or another.

It's not dislike. It's honesty after seeing years of performance.
                    University of Minnesota

Comment

Call it a gut feeling, but I wouldn't be surprised if UW landed Keegan Ford and Tommy Vannelli.
                      Well, they just locked in one of them...

Keegan Ford is a Badger.

Comment

Well, they just locked in one of them...

Keegan Ford is a Badger.
                        Confirmed?
                        When you say WISCONSIN you've said it all!

Comment

Originally posted by Badgerdude4 View Post
                          Confirmed?
                          Yes, he confirmed to me tonight that he committed for 2014.

More HERE if you're interested.

Comment

Recruiting gods giveth, and the recruiting gods taketh away.

On the same night that Ford commits, we find out Grant Besse broke his tibia blocking a shot. He tweets that he'll be out for 6-8 weeks.
                            Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 09-09-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Recruiting gods giveth, and the recruiting gods taketh away.

On the same night that Ford commits, we find out Grant Besse broke his tibia blocking a shot. He tweets that he'll be out for 6-8 weeks.
                              Must have been one hell of a shot to break the shin bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                                Must have been one hell of a shot to break the shin bone.
                                Considering I would assume he's wearing shin guards, yeah...

Also, the 6-8 weeks thing might be the docs being very cautious with him. I guess he was telling people before the MRI he thought he it was just a bruise and that he would be back next weekend.

I remember when I broke my collarbone the weekend before the high school season, the first doctor I went to said I'd miss the whole season. Obviously I found a new doctor and missed just 4 games. Granted, I got hit and broke it again later in the season. But that's not the point!

Comment

Working...
                                X