PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Timothy A
02-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Are you saying our scoring won't get any better next year?
אױ װײ!
It's good to keep the opposition off the scoreboard, but you gotta put some in yourself.

So Rammer is replaced by Davison, Lee by Besse, Little by McGuire, so yeah, the offense will still be offensive, though it's hard to imagine Zengerlee, Kerdiles and Zulinick being as unproductive/missing so much time as they are being this season, so there is hope if you take that into consideration.

Provided Rumpel or Petersen don't bolt, they might as well redshirt Grunwald.

The following year 9 guys are gone. Next year has to be THE year. The following year is setting up to be like this year/last year.

markwojo
02-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Curious if any of resident recruiting guru's are aware of any potential recruits attending the Soldiers Field game? I would think that experience may have been helpful. At the least, I'm sure there were lots of Chicagoland kids exposed to the experience and that can't be all bad to help the momentum we seem to have developed there already. With Mersch and Siminolli here and Malone, Linehart, Tischke on the way, Chicagoland has become more prominent then it has been.

DoorCtyBadgers
02-21-2013, 08:09 PM
So Rammer is replaced by Davison, Lee by Besse, Little by McGuire, so yeah, the offense will still be offensive, though it's hard to imagine Zengerlee, Kerdiles and Zulinick being as unproductive/missing so much time as they are being this season, so there is hope if you take that into consideration.

Provided Rumpel or Petersen don't bolt, they might as well redshirt Grunwald.

The following year 9 guys are gone. Next year has to be THE year. The following year is setting up to be like this year/last year.

and Kerdiles always has one foot out the door.....just any kind of tug by the nhl and he is gone...typical 1st round recruit

DPlaya
02-21-2013, 09:26 PM
and Kerdiles always has one foot out the door.....just any kind of tug by the nhl and he is gone...typical 1st round recruit

Kerdiles has shown a lot of maturity this season, I wouldn't be too quick to lump him in with others. He handled the suspension better than 99% of other students would have and has stated he wants to be a role model for other California hockey players, and I tend to believe him based on his actions to this point. Hopefully he's actually ready when he decides to go pro.

Chuck Schwartz
02-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Curious if any of resident recruiting guru's are aware of any potential recruits attending the Soldiers Field game? I would think that experience may have been helpful. At the least, I'm sure there were lots of Chicagoland kids exposed to the experience and that can't be all bad to help the momentum we seem to have developed there already. With Mersch and Siminolli here and Malone, Linehart, Tischke on the way, Chicagoland has become more prominent then it has been.

I'm honestly not sure. I was thinking about it before, and I doubt that Wisconsin could actuary host recruits for the game like they can for games in Madison. I did see a recruit at the game on Friday, but couldn't figure out who it was.

Chuck Schwartz
02-21-2013, 09:30 PM

If that were true he would have gone to the WHL instead of sitting out for two months to play for Wisconsin.

solovsfett
02-21-2013, 09:42 PM

Kerdiles certainly isn't ready to bolt now, outside of brief flashes vs. Denver, he's gone largely unnoticed and I don't just mean on the score sheet. He just hasn't stood out like Turris did...

DoorCtyBadgers
02-22-2013, 06:05 AM
Kerdiles certainly isn't ready to bolt now, outside of brief flashes vs. Denver, he's gone largely unnoticed and I don't just mean on the score sheet. He just hasn't stood out like Turris did...

the same argument every year he isn't ready and until they actually leave early.....this high as draft choice has an 80% chance or better of leaving early.....make plans for him not being here next season...if he should come back that is a bonus....

DoorCtyBadgers
02-22-2013, 06:08 AM
[QUOTE=Chuck Schwartz;5641036]If that were true he would have gone to the WHL instead of sitting out for two months to play for Wisconsin.[/QUOTE

is that your hockey knowledge that little or do you just practice being stupid....whl vs the nhl.....do you really having anything else stupid to say ....next stupid comment awaiting from you

Innova
02-22-2013, 06:49 AM
[QUOTE=Chuck Schwartz;5641036]If that were true he would have gone to the WHL instead of sitting out for two months to play for Wisconsin.[/QUOTE

is that your hockey knowledge that little or do you just practice being stupid....whl vs the nhl.....do you really having anything else stupid to say ....next stupid comment awaiting from you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

goldy_331
02-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Besse with 4 G 1A last night in Section playoff game. You guys are going to like this kid, unless Eaves puts a tight rein on him and keeps him from scoring.

RonWolf
02-22-2013, 09:22 AM

Wow.... are you for real?

Gandalf the Red
02-22-2013, 09:50 AM

Turris stood out? You must have been watching from a different parallel universe than me, because I don't remember that. Like Kerdiles, he had flashes of brillance, but largely was taken out of doing anything because he was puny and the physical part of the WCHA (and its 35 year old freshman at Mankato) was too much for him.

Sure he is good in the NHL now, but he didn't do crap for a few seasons after leaving here, mainly (I think) until he grew into his body.

I don't see Kerdiles leaving either, but I didn't think Derek Stepan or Craig Smith were leaving...

I don't think anyone outside of Mersch has shown any reason to leave early based on their play, and even him that is just stats based, he hasn't been a dominator by any means.

Chuck Schwartz
02-22-2013, 12:22 PM
If that were true he would have gone to the WHL instead of sitting out for two months to play for Wisconsin.

It was a comparison to having one foot out the door. If he was that ready to bolt at the first option, he wouldn't have sat around at Wisconsin for two months while he was ineligible. He would have gone and played in the WHL in Kelowna and earned money and played major junior hockey. He had a lot of pressure, including that from people close to him to leave for the dub. He decided to stay because he loves it in Madison, and has wanted to be a Badger.

Is Kerdiles' goal to play in the NHL? Of course. Does that mean he's going to leave at the first contract offer? Of course not. Of course the kid could sign, but the odds are better that he's back for another year. He knows he's not ready to play in the NHL, so why spend a year in Norfolk, Virginia humping buses around the country? Or worse, they make him go play in Kelowna.

Timothy A
02-22-2013, 12:31 PM

This is exactly right. He's committed to UW at least through next year based on the fact he didn't just dump UW when the eligibility thing came up. Everyone watching the games knows he's not nearly ready to leave yet. If he did, he's very likely to end being the next Skille or Turris. Does that mean he won't leave this summer? No, but it's not likely.

I'd go as far as to say he's been disappointing, but so has everyone else other than Mersch.

DoorCtyBadgers
02-22-2013, 08:58 PM
This is exactly right. He's committed to UW at least through next year based on the fact he didn't just dump UW when the eligibility thing came up. Everyone watching the games knows he's not nearly ready to leave yet. If he did, he's very likely to end being the next Skille or Turris. Does that mean he won't leave this summer? No, but it's not likely.

I'd go as far as to say he's been disappointing, but so has everyone else other than Mersch.

funny thing is according to the fans know one is ever eady to leave college early but they all do...and there is not one indication kerdiles will be back next year...he most certainly hasn't said he is going to be....and the anaheim ducks will make that decision for him.....we will see it will be a big bonus if he returns but based on past early bolters to the nhl he looks as if he is gone

Bonin21
02-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Does this genius get paid for every period he uses?

solovsfett
02-23-2013, 12:31 AM
Turris stood out? You must have been watching from a different parallel universe than me, because I don't remember that. Like Kerdiles, he had flashes of brillance, but largely was taken out of doing anything because he was puny and the physical part of the WCHA (and its 35 year old freshman at Mankato) was too much for him.

Sure he is good in the NHL now, but he didn't do crap for a few seasons after leaving here, mainly (I think) until he grew into his body.

I don't see Kerdiles leaving either, but I didn't think Derek Stepan or Craig Smith were leaving...

I don't think anyone outside of Mersch has shown any reason to leave early based on their play, and even him that is just stats based, he hasn't been a dominator by any means.

yes, Turris stood out greatly. His passing skills were so far above his teammates it was embarrassing. he may have gotten pushed around but he was miles ahead of his teammates in terms of passing skill (and we would have seen the scoring as well if his teammates would have been able to set him up like he set them up)

I mean 1/2 the time the UW players couldn't handle his passes as they were 2 pages behind him

WisconsinWildcard
02-23-2013, 12:41 AM
funny thing is according to the fans know one is ever eady to leave college early but they all do...and there is not one indication kerdiles will be back next year...he most certainly hasn't said he is going to be....and the anaheim ducks will make that decision for him.....we will see it will be a big bonus if he returns but based on past early bolters to the nhl he looks as if he is gone

It is nice to see that uwbadgers14 got another account. I look forward to seeing more grammatical atrocities.

Chuck Schwartz
02-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Big game for Besse this afternoon as his Benilde squad matches up with Eden Prairie in the section semi-finals. 3:30 this afternoon at Bloomington Ice Gardens. I'm going to try and make it over there to check it out.

Insane the amount of talent in this section 6AA. Benilde is #2, Minnetonka #5, Wayzata #8, and Eden Prairie #10. Mini-state tournament right there just getting out of sections.