This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Not related to hockey but glad to hear Monte Ball is as good as can be after being assaulted by 5 men in Madison Wednesday, he's definitely going to be a front runner for the Heisman this year.
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

According to a tweet by Andy Baggot Christian Dvorak from Chicago Mission has committed to the Badgers for 2015-2016. He is a wing who lead his Chicago Mission Minor team in goals. He was the sixth pick in the USHL Futures Draft this year by the Chicago Steel, where future UW defenseman Tim Davison is playing this season.
      Last edited by DPlaya; 08-17-2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
        According to a tweet by Andy Baggot Christian Dvorak from Chicago Mission has committed to the Badgers for 2015-2016. He is a wing who lead his Chicago Mission Minor team in goals. He was the sixth pick in the USHL Futures Draft this year by the Chicago Steel, where future UW defenseman Tim Davison is playing this season.
        He was one of the players we all were hoping Eaves would land, great news. He visited quite a few schools ( UMD M St NH UND UNO OSU) and visited UW for a second time before committing. The article online says he'll come in to UW in 14 or 15, depending on how things are going. So roster gurus, would it be better to see him come in 14 or 15?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Of course Dvorak makes his decision when I'm away from home for a few days with no computer access. That's another huge-huge-huge get for Eaves going forward. 2014 & 2015 are really starting to look nice if these kids pan out.

By the way, when I posted "On a side note, I'm hearing some good things about a UW recruiting target (in terms of where the Badgers rank on his list). I'm not allowed to say anymore, but I figured I'd relay what I can." ...I was talking about Dvorak.

UW was his leader through the process, but it doesn't hurt kids to evaluate all their options. I was told a few weeks back "he felt a loyalty to the program" ...

UW fans should be excited for this kid.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
            Not related to hockey but glad to hear Monte Ball is as good as can be after being assaulted by 5 men in Madison Wednesday, he's definitely going to be a front runner for the Heisman this year.
            If MonTAY was a hockey player, he would have beat the **** out of those 5 punks.

The upcoming years look very promising...I can't wait to see these new recruits on the ice and return us to national contenders.
            Last edited by MadCityRich; 08-18-2012, 03:01 PM.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              He was one of the players we all were hoping Eaves would land, great news. He visited quite a few schools ( UMD M St NH UND UNO OSU) and visited UW for a second time before committing. The article online says he'll come in to UW in 14 or 15, depending on how things are going. So roster gurus, would it be better to see him come in 14 or 15?
              Well, Wisconsin has plenty of room in both classes right now. By my projections, Wisconsin will likely be looking at bringing in 6-8 forwards in the 2014 class depending on how long Nic Kerdiles and Joseph LaBate stay. There is a very realistic chance they could both leave after 2013. Currently only Grant Besse is projected for that 2014 forward class. It's nice that Eaves has him committed for '14 or '15 to give him the flexibility. I don't have a problem with him being a 2014 kid as he'll for sure spend a full year in the USHL before coming to school regardless. Obviously an extra year in the USHL means he'll make more of an impact out of the gates at UW. Lot of time for things to play out before then.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Of course Dvorak makes his decision when I'm away from home for a few days with no computer access. That's another huge-huge-huge get for Eaves going forward. 2014 & 2015 are really starting to look nice if these kids pan out.

By the way, when I posted "On a side note, I'm hearing some good things about a UW recruiting target (in terms of where the Badgers rank on his list). I'm not allowed to say anymore, but I figured I'd relay what I can." ...I was talking about Dvorak.

UW was his leader through the process, but it doesn't hurt kids to evaluate all their options. I was told a few weeks back "he felt a loyalty to the program" ...

UW fans should be excited for this kid.
                Reading Baggot's article, UW sounds like a perfect place for the kid. He has some growing to do, and if he doesn't muscle up before he reaches UW he will here, and could likely turn into a beast of a forward to go with his great skill set. I'm excited.

Eaves has done a hellavu job the last year getting some top recruits, most of them happen to be from the same program, but he is smart to go where the talent is. Still more great talent out there for him to land as the 14 & 15 classes will be big again.
                Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                Originally posted by UWisco
                It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                  Reading Baggot's article, UW sounds like a perfect place for the kid. He has some growing to do, and if he doesn't muscle up before he reaches UW he will here, and could likely turn into a beast of a forward to go with his great skill set. I'm excited.

Eaves has done a hellavu job the last year getting some top recruits, most of them happen to be from the same program, but he is smart to go where the talent is. Still more great talent out there for him to land as the 14 & 15 classes will be big again.
                  He is a bit thin right now, but he's 16 years old. I was actually shocked that he took an offer for 2014 or 2015 as I figured a kid of his pedigree would only take a 2014 offer. Have to tip your cap to Eaves if he's willing to risk holding out for that extra year. I don't know for sure, but I can virtually guarantee there were schools in his final 4 that would have promised to bring him in for 2014.

Besse/Dvorak/Malone are a really good start to the 2014 & 2015 forward classes, but there is a lot of work left to do...especially for 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    He is a bit thin right now, but he's 16 years old. I was actually shocked that he took an offer for 2014 or 2015 as I figured a kid of his pedigree would only take a 2014 offer. Have to tip your cap to Eaves if he's willing to risk holding out for that extra year. I don't know for sure, but I can virtually guarantee there were schools in his final 4 that would have promised to bring him in for 2014.

Besse/Dvorak/Malone are a really good start to the 2014 & 2015 forward classes, but there is a lot of work left to do...especially for 2014.
                    Yeah, if he is this good, he'll be wearing Cardinal and White in Fall 2014 after a year in the USHL. Two years is a long time, especially for a teenager to develop physically. Hopefully he grows a few inches, could be a monster.

It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Great job by Eaves and Shuey in getting Dvorak

hopefully they can bring in 2-3 more blue chippahs for 14-15

re: Monte Ball...a very curious story, I'm guessing the details will not be made available to us at any point but the entire situation is odd

maybe he can hire the Strobels for protection, those guys seemed to actually LOVE fighting
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I think you almost have to give a variable arrival time window for kids this young. How Dvorak responds in his next couple steps will dictate when he is ready to arrive in Madison. If he continues to be elite with Mission's U18 team and then the following year in the USHL, he'll be in Madison sooner then later. Problem with 16 year olds is some of them have the development path of Corbin McGuire who looked like a stud at 15/16 and not so much in subsequent years.

I wonder if Ryan McInnis is an option for the Badgers as it seems Eaves has done fairly well with kids of former pro players.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                          I wonder if Ryan McInnis is an option for the Badgers as it seems Eaves has done fairly well with kids of former pro players.
                          I'd be surprised if Ryan McInnis played college hockey.

Comment

Ryan Mantha, a d-man from Michigan committed to North Dakota tonight. He had visited Wisconsin per Brad Schlossman. His uncle is buddies with Eaves so I figured we'd have a shot at him, but alas he's a Fighting Sioux.

Comment

Confirmed today that Wisconsin offered 96 born d-man Keegan Ford today. Short (but thick) blue-liner out of Waunakee. He signed a tender with Dubuque in the USHL for this season. Dad played and coached at Wisconsin. I'm told Nodak and Ohio State both in play, but UND and UW are his top 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                                Confirmed today that Wisconsin offered 96 born d-man Keegan Ford today. Short (but thick) blue-liner out of Waunakee. He signed a tender with Dubuque in the USHL for this season. Dad played and coached at Wisconsin. I'm told Nodak and Ohio State both in play, but UND and UW are his top 2.
                                Maybe they just offer his brother a spot as one of the reserve forwards in 14. Uw will need guys and while he might not play a ton, he is a decent player who can grow. Look @ ryan little and keegan meuer, playing way above their presumed role on the team when they arrived imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X