X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    Another defenseman would be good too, since I don't think that Hartzog is the answer as the 8th blue liner, but maybe he'll prove me wrong. The drop off to Drake/Hartzog is going to be steep this season, unless one or both really progress. Maybe there will be a Josh Engel moment in reverse.
    I thought Drake looked solid in the limited ice that he had last year. Nothing spectacular, but there were no glaring mistakes that I can remember.

Comment

I was looking at Heisenberg's new 2013 page today, and am wondering if anyone else thinks Eaves has some work to do for 2013 yet? Tim Davison should be a nice replacement for Ramage on defense, but both McGuire (is he really going to ever make it to UW) and Grunwald (I know this situation has been discussed before) look shaky right now. The team only loses one player to graduation: Ramage. I think it is very real that the Badgers see a few players leave early after this coming season: Zengerle (after a hobeyish year), Mersch, maybe a defenseman or two (though I think that is less likely).

I would really like to see another quality forward or two get on board. These uneven classes are going to be a real struggle again down the road if Eaves doesn't bring in a few forwards in 2013. The cycle of boom and bust will continue largely due to experience as I think we are all looking forward to the glut of experience on the Badgers the next few seasons, but that sets up for a season or two of youth to follow again. I know there is only so much Eaves can do, can't have 20 forwards on the team just to help the balance in 2014/15, etc.

Another defenseman would be good too, since I don't think that Hartzog is the answer as the 8th blue liner, but maybe he'll prove me wrong. The drop off to Drake/Hartzog is going to be steep this season, unless one or both really progress. Maybe there will be a Josh Engel moment in reverse.
      *****http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3836/forwards.jpg******

My guess is that Eaves will bring in 3 forwards next season, so the Badgers are still looking for two more forwards. It sounds like Besse will spend a year in Omaha after his senior year so we'll still project him as a 2014.

*****http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9900/defensemen.jpg******

On defense, Eaves is waiting on a decision from Ian McCoshen for 2013 before he does anything else there.

Comment

Gave Chuck some props on Twitter, and wanted to do it here too. You guys are lucky to have him covering Badger Hockey. Stuff like this ^^^^ is awesome!
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
          Gave Chuck some props on Twitter, and wanted to do it here too. You guys are lucky to have him covering Badger Hockey. Stuff like this ^^^^ is awesome!
          ditto, he always does an excellent job w/UW hockey coverage
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            I'd say that UW's chances with Dvorak are at least 50%. I know that Notre Dame is also in the hunt, not sure who else. Can't hurt that 3 of his teammates are committed to Wisconsin. I'm 95% sure that Ty is John Byce's son, maybe Mad City Rich can confirm that.
            WOW! I'm flattered that you would "consult" me, Chuck. You are 95% sure, but 100% correct. I understand that John's wife was quite an accomplished athlete in her own right.
            Last edited by MadCityRich; 05-29-2012, 08:01 PM.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Christian Dvorak who we've talked about a bit here out of Chicago will likely be making his decision sometime in July he said today. Considering Wisconsin, Nebraska-Omaha, New Hampshire, and Notre Dame. I think the Badgers and the Irish are the favorites here. Two of Dvorak's teammates with the Mission are going to Notre Dame, and three are going to Wisconsin. Quite the team.
              Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 06-03-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

All Chase needs is a chance to play and he will develop....and I think pleasantly surprise everyone. He is a solid defenceman. Not flashy. Just gets the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by rangerfan View Post
                  All Chase needs is a chance to play and he will develop....and I think pleasantly surprise everyone. He is a solid defenceman. Not flashy. Just gets the job done.
                  the one game I saw Drake last year he looked better than Springer, looked like he was ready to be honest so I hope he gets in this year
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    the one game I saw Drake last year he looked better than Springer, looked like he was ready to be honest so I hope he gets in this year
                    I agree 100%. I'd be surprised If Drake doesn't get an opportunity at least in a rotation with Schulze to start the season. I think the top 5 are likely locked in.

I talked to an NHL scout at a game this year and he thought Drake still had pro-hockey upside. Hard to say either way without seeing him some more at this level. I'm somewhat optimistic though.

Comment

Red Line with some more bashing of Kerdiles. Hopefully he is using the comments for motivation for the upcoming season.

http://host.madison.com/sports/blog/...9bb2963f4.html

Comment

Badgers add third string goalie. Adam Miller from the Jersey Hitmen of the EJHL.

Comment

http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2012/6...Gardiner-Draft

Justin Schultz & The Anatomy of a Hockey Crisis
                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                            http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2012/6...Gardiner-Draft

Justin Schultz & The Anatomy of a Hockey Crisis
                            While not recruiting related that was a very thorough and interesting discussion by someone who knows his team. I wonder if they fix this loophole in the next CBA.

As for Kerdiles, I find it interesting the criticism as of late by scouts, when I didn't hear that in the proceeding two years. He'll be fine, and so will the Badgers.
                            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                            Originally posted by UWisco
                            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

As for Kerdiles, I find it interesting the criticism as of late by scouts, when I didn't hear that in the proceeding two years. He'll be fine, and so will the Badgers.
                              Just RLR being RLR.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                                Christian Dvorak who we've talked about a bit here out of Chicago will likely be making his decision sometime in July he said today. Considering Wisconsin, Nebraska-Omaha, New Hampshire, and Notre Dame. I think the Badgers and the Irish are the favorites here. Two of Dvorak's teammates with the Mission are going to Notre Dame, and three are going to Wisconsin. Quite the team.
                                I wonder what the attraction is to Mission. When we were involved with Tier 1 hockey (mid 90's into 2003), Chicago had the Young Americans and Team Illinois. Mission hockey was just getting started up.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X