PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

solovsfett
11-13-2012, 07:13 PM
great to see Besse #1 in pre-season Mr. Hockey talk - http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/2012/11/12/3610318/2012-mr-hockey-watch-list

however...wow, is losing 10 kids to USHL or MJ to be expected now for MSHSL? I had thought the pride on ice would make leaving HS a very difficult decision.

...hopefully Benilde will make the finals again, and perhaps Schuey can get another one or two of those kids to verbal to UW

Chuck Schwartz
11-13-2012, 07:47 PM
...hopefully Benilde will make the finals again, and perhaps Schuey can get another one or two of those kids to verbal to UW

There's a good chance Besse won't be the only kid on that team Badger fans will be interested in following this season.

Almington
11-14-2012, 12:35 AM
I'm not sure you understand how things work here. The majority of the information that I receive, or other insiders receive doesn't come from the players themselves (although some does). It's mostly from relationships developed with coaches, scouts, agents/advisors, other insiders, etc. You'd be surprised how many things are shared that people specifically tell you needs to be kept private. This is one of those things. Not going to burn a relationship for something dumb like this.

Players are about the worst sources of information, what happens in the locker room generally stays in the locker room. A large flow of information from the players is a sign of a fractured locker room, in my experience.

solovsfett
11-14-2012, 08:06 AM
There's a good chance Besse won't be the only kid on that team Badger fans will be interested in following this season.

cool, I'll have to keep an eye on the st. paul trib for some box scores and stories on who's making noise w/that team outside of Grant

Chuck Schwartz
11-14-2012, 08:53 AM
Grant Besse and Corbin McGuire will be signing their letters of intent today. Tim Davision says he'll do his this weekend. Not positive on Grunwald yet, although it sounds like he may be signing as well.

Gandalf the Red
11-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Grant Besse and Corbin McGuire will be signing their letters of intent today. Tim Davision says he'll do his this weekend. Not positive on Grunwald yet, although it sounds like he may be signing as well.

I'm not trying to sound mean, but will McGuire ever be anything besides a kid on the roster who sees an occasional game's worth of action?

Chuck Schwartz
11-14-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm not trying to sound mean, but will McGuire ever be anything besides a kid on the roster who sees an occasional game's worth of action?

I haven't seen him play since he was 15, but his numbers certainly aren't jumping off the page in a positive fashion.

thetruthhurts
11-14-2012, 11:26 AM
I question the Davision signing for 2013 as well

Watched him play several games this year already and he will not be "ready" to play college hockeyin 2013...

2014? Maybe, but that would put him in with the group of 96's coming in

It would be wise for Eaves to put off signing a scholarship agreement with him until Spring of 2013 so they can better evaluate his situation with the new asst coach coming in

Timothy A
11-15-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure you understand how things work here. The majority of the information that I receive, or other insiders receive doesn't come from the players themselves (although some does). It's mostly from relationships developed with coaches, scouts, agents/advisors, other insiders, etc. You'd be surprised how many things are shared that people specifically tell you needs to be kept private. This is one of those things. Not going to burn a relationship for something dumb like this.

Reporters can report what they are told, but not expose their sources, that's what I was getting at. My comment about not p/oing Eaves was from the thought that if McGoshen picked BC because he thinks Eaves is a bleep, well, Eaves doen't want that getting around, and Chuck still wants to be able to talk to Eaves.

Chuck Schwartz
11-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Reporters can report what they are told, but not expose their sources, that's what I was getting at. My comment about not p/oing Eaves was from the thought that if McGoshen picked BC because he thinks Eaves is a bleep, well, Eaves doen't want that getting around, and Chuck still wants to be able to talk to Eaves.

I'm familiar with how anonymous sourcing works. What you're not understanding is that sometimes we're told stuff and given specific instructions that it can't be talked about. If we do talk about it, that person will never give us info in the future which we might be able to use publicly.

Chuck Schwartz
11-15-2012, 10:30 PM
UW in the running (http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/192254?referrer_id=32770) for the top two uncommitted players in Minnesota, Shane Gersich and Connor Hurley. Do I expect UW to land either one? No. Doesn't hurt that UW is in the game though.

Gersich considering: Wisconsin, Minnesota-Duluth, North Dakota and Minnesota.
Hurley considering: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Minnesota-Duluth, Michigan State, Ohio State, Denver and Nebraska-Omaha

Gersich's dad played for the Gophers and his uncles are the Broten brother's so it's an uphill climb for him. As for Hurley, people have said Notre Dame/Minnesota are the teams to beat.

We shall see. Both outstanding players, and likely first round draft picks when their time comes either way.

Keep an eye on Ben Newhouse, Spencer Naas and Johnny Austin from Benilde as well. Austin and Naas transferred from Blake to Benilde this year. I'm told Naas has some good offers (UMD, CC, some eastern schools) but is waiting on a UW offer. If that comes he'll likely be a Badger.

Chuck Schwartz
11-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Eaves Inks Three In Early Signing Period LINK (http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2012/11/21/3676388/eaves-inks-three-in-early-signing-period)

Chuck Schwartz
11-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Chicago Mission U16 forward Christian Fischer committed to Notre Dame today. It's not a real surprise given one of his best buddies and fellow elite 97 Tory Dello is a ND commit as well. Good player though.

That team has a few more kids who undoubtedly have drawn Wisconsin interest in Vas Kolias and Tanner Laczynski.

mnstate0fhockey
11-30-2012, 12:26 PM
@BSMBoysHockey: St. Paul Pioneer Press article on Grant Besse: <a href="http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22068748/prep-boys-hockey-benildes-grant-besse-special-and">LINK</a>

DPlaya
12-16-2012, 02:14 PM
I was following the Dubuque Saints twitter feed last night and they indicated Keegan Ford started a line brawl with all ten players fighting in the second period vs. Chicago last night. There was a total of 158 penalty minutes in the game (http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.com/boxscore.html?gameid=1978043).

herbst20
12-16-2012, 08:40 PM
I have video of line brawl on my facebook page. I shared it from another guy. Keegan jumps a kid off the faceoff and all hell breaks loose!

Chuck Schwartz
12-17-2012, 03:08 AM
I have video of line brawl on my facebook page. I shared it from another guy. Keegan jumps a kid off the faceoff and all hell breaks loose!

Apparently Ford took a nasty hit earlier in the game and this was retaliation.

Badgerice
12-17-2012, 12:38 PM
I heard a rumor that the Badgers committed to a BCHL player Jedd Soleway who was playing in Vernon but got traded to Penticton. Any conformation on this or is it a bad scoop?

badgerhawk
12-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Good scoop acording to his twitter page.

Jedd Soleway‏@Soleway

Phenomenal time at the University of Wisconsin. Excited to be committed, and be a badger for upcoming years!

herbst20
12-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Stats are not really that impressive for the BCHL. Big kid, one site has him as 6'2 205

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_profile.cfm?clientID=1413&leagueID=2393&teamID=339730&playerID=821199