X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    On one hand, the fact his Dad played for UW is a plus, on the other hand, the fact Zach is a cousin who had a terrible experience with Eaves is a negative. If a F is added for 2013, maybe I'd hold out for a studlier guy, he only had 36 pts for Lincoln in 10-11.
    The Bearson thing is kind if interesting, the only reason I heard about that is because I posted this on twitter and Zach saw it and and tweeted at me, "Eric Scheid is also my cousin...maybe he'll ask me about Eaver lol." So I responded, "haha, well then...I guess we can squash that idea?" And Zach's response was, "ha naw if he wants an opinion I'll give him one, but smearing is for bagels and politicians lol."

So you can take that for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Wouldn't be surprised if UW had interest in UAA transfer Eric Scheid (forward). 15 points as a frosh last year. Dad, Jim played at Wisconsin. He would have 3 years of eligibility remaining and would be eligible for the fall of 2013. Expected to be in the USHL next season. With the only forwards in this class being Zulinick and Kerdiles, adding a transfer in a year to join them will help balance the classes. Scheid is the cousin of Zach Bearson.
      I recall a Tony Scheid also played for Wisconsin in the 80's, possible his uncle? Don't remember if Jim and Tony were brothers for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
        I recall a Tony Scheid also played for Wisconsin in the 80's, possible his uncle? Don't remember if Jim and Tony were brothers for sure.
        One is from Austin, the other Rochester. Both southeastern Minnesota. I suppose it is possible. They might be cousins as well.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Dorr and Mankato as well.
          And Dorr helped give the Gophers the points they needed to win the MacNaughton this year, so that was a pretty shrewd move by Lucia.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            The Bearson thing is kind if interesting, the only reason I heard about that is because I posted this on twitter and Zach saw it and and tweeted at me, "Eric Scheid is also my cousin...maybe he'll ask me about Eaver lol." So I responded, "haha, well then...I guess we can squash that idea?" And Zach's response was, "ha naw if he wants an opinion I'll give him one, but smearing is for bagels and politicians lol."

So you can take that for what it's worth.
            "smearing is for bagels and politicians lol." That is funny! So Zach will take the high road then......good for him.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              One is from Austin, the other Rochester. Both southeastern Minnesota. I suppose it is possible. They might be cousins as well.
              Isn't everybody in gophersota related? (I used 2 in case you guys didn't see 1)
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                Even if you just drive through the state, everything you accomplish is because you have a connection to the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  "smearing is for bagels and politicians lol." That is funny! So Zach will take the high road then......good for him.
                  Absolutely.

Good line, too.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    I thought that was North Dakota....
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Badgers lost out to Notre Dame for Chicago Mission U16 d-man Bobby Nardella tonight. Nardella was a teammate of future Badgers Jake Linhart and Seamus Malone.

Comment

Sounds like the Badger's recruiting pipeline is going to be far behind the Gopher's and Wolverine's when the Big Ten starts.

Comment

Hold me...I'm a rodent fan trolling a Badger thread chirping about the vaunted rodent recruiting that has produced an NCAA opening round loss to Holy Cross as the most memorable accomplishment in the last decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                            Hold me...I'm a rodent fan trolling a Badger thread chirping about the vaunted rodent recruiting that has produced an NCAA opening round loss to Holy Cross as the most memorable accomplishment in the last decade.
                            Just making conversation. Minnesota and Michigan EASILY have the two best recruiting classes for 2013. I would say Wisconsin is a distant third.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                              Just making conversation. Minnesota and Michigan EASILY have the two best recruiting classes for 2013. I would say Wisconsin is a distant third.
                              And that has EASILY been the case for the past decade. I'll take my chances with Eaves and Co developing talent and Don doing less with more.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                                And that has EASILY been the case for the past decade. I'll take my chances with Eaves and Co developing talent and Don doing less with more.
                                Fair point. I will concede that Eaves is an amazing coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X