X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    When I'm wrong, I'm man enough to admit it.
    For that to be true you'd have to know the definition of context, subjective, and objective. You've shown clearly that you do not have a clue what any of those words mean.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      For that to be true you'd have to know the definition of context, subjective, and objective. You've shown clearly that you do not have a clue what any of those words mean.
      That's just a fancy way of saying you never admit when you're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        UW was heavily interested in his initial recruitment in high school and from my memory finished runner up to Minnesota at the time. When he decided to transfer I honestly don't know if UW had much interest of even if they could have much interest. Transferring in the conference is rare, although it does happen. I don't have any knowledge but I'd be shocked if a player transferred out of Minnesota and Lucia allowed him to transfer to Wisconsin, especially given that his brother played at UW. Even if he wasn't restricted, UW returns 15 forwards and still has Zulinick and Kerdiles coming in. There wouldn't have been any room.
        Was Max good enough to warrent strong interest for the transfer from somewhere other than an up and coming program like PSU? It's not exactly like he tore it up during his frosh year.

Comment

It would be a stretch to think that we would've been interested based off of his name. He would have at best been a Mark Heatley had he transferred here, and that's if you ignore the whole "we really don't have room for him right now" routine.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            It would be a stretch to think that we would've been interested based off of his name. He would have at best been a Mark Heatley had he transferred here, and that's if you ignore the whole "we really don't have room for him right now" routine.
            Good point. My brother is an complete moronic doofus while I'm awesome. More proof you can't put too much stock in name recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              I think that Max Gardiner still has way more potential than Mark Heatley every had. To use a line from the NFL draft analysis, it's not a question of value, it's a question of need. UW has no need to add another power forward with potential. I have no doubt that Max will be a fine player for PSU over the next three seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                I'm surprised he wouldn't block a transfer to another league team. I guess that's pretty common in other NCAA sports.
                The Gophers have had some other former players end up at other schools in the league. Brent Borgen at SCSU and Drew Fisher at BSU immediately to mind from recent years. Of course those two (and Gardiner) were never more than role players on the Gophers. If for some really odd reason a kid with some real good ability wanted to transfer out, who knows... maybe they would block a player like that from rival schools.
                University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  I'm surprised you're surprised. I'm not surprised JDUBBS was 100% wrong.
                  I just assumed a coach would not want former player to transfer to a same league school. In this case all tDon's secrets would have gone to Eaves, but that might have dragged UW down.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Luke Davison (younger brother of Badger recruit Tim) was selected by Chicago in tonight's USHL Futures Draft (#21 overall). Shane Gersich, a forward out of the twin cities went #1 to Omaha. He's a virtual lock to go to Minnesota, newphew of the Broten brothers.
                    Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 05-01-2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                      Good point. My brother is an complete moronic doofus while I'm awesome. More proof you can't put too much stock in name recognition.
                      JDUBBS is your brother ?
                      If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerhawk View Post
                        JDUBBS is your brother ?
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          Luke Davison (younger brother of Badger recruit Tim) was selected by Chicago in tonight's USHL Futures Draft (#21 overall). Shane Gersich, a forward out of the twin cities went #1 to Omaha. He's a virtual lock to go to Minnesota, newphew of the Broten brothers.
                          Gersich's dad also played for the Gophers.

http://www.gopherhockeyhistory.com/players/playerDetail.asp?plID=333

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                            The Gophers have had some other former players end up at other schools in the league. Brent Borgen at SCSU and Drew Fisher at BSU immediately to mind from recent years.
                            Dorr and Mankato as well.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if UW had interest in UAA transfer Eric Scheid (forward). 15 points as a frosh last year. Dad, Jim played at Wisconsin. He would have 3 years of eligibility remaining and would be eligible for the fall of 2013. Expected to be in the USHL next season. With the only forwards in this class being Zulinick and Kerdiles, adding a transfer in a year to join them will help balance the classes. Scheid is the cousin of Zach Bearson.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                                Wouldn't be surprised if UW had interest in UAA transfer Eric Scheid (forward). 15 points as a frosh last year. Dad, Jim played at Wisconsin. He would have 3 years of eligibility remaining and would be eligible for the fall of 2013. Expected to be in the USHL next season. With the only forwards in this class being Zulinick and Kerdiles, adding a transfer in a year to join them will help balance the classes. Scheid is the cousin of Zach Bearson.
                                On one hand, the fact his Dad played for UW is a plus, on the other hand, the fact Zach is a cousin who had a terrible experience with Eaves is a negative. If a F is added for 2013, maybe I'd hold out for a studlier guy, he only had 36 pts for Lincoln in 10-11.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X