This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Christian Horn committed to Minnesota for this fall. He had some Wisconsin interest. Solid player, teammate of Besse's at Benilde. Would have been a nice recruit for UW for 2013 but obviously no way UW could have fit him into this recruiting class.

Comment

Final tournament for Nic Kerdiles before coming to Madison and he didn't disappoint. 4g, 5a, 9pts in 6 games at the U18 World Championships, including 2g, 3a, 5pts in gold medal game. Will be an immediate contributor in a top six role next season. First time the Badgers have had a legit top 6 up front since the 2010 Frozen Four run.

Comment

Mentioned this on twitter today but there should be a number of top end Wisconsin kids in Chicago this weekend for the USHL combine for 96 born players. I would presume Anders Bjork (Notre Dame) Luke Davison, Cooper Watson, Brett Gruber, Mason Appleton, Charley Grasskamp, Kyler Pollitt, Ryan Wischow, and Matt Berkovitz to be in attendance as well as possibly some other Wisconsin kids. The USHL futures draft is next week so this is a big weekend for these kids.

The 1996 class is very deep for the state of Wisconsin. All of the kids mentioned are supposed to be very good prospects and that's not even including Jake Linhart (Wisconsin commit, tendered with Green Bay), Nick Schmaltz (North Dakota commit, going to Green Bay) and Keegan Ford (uncommitted, tendered with Dubuque).

Since we're talking 96's, don't forget about Seamus Malone, 2015 UW commit who has tendered with Dubuque and is from Illinois.
        Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 04-26-2012, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Max Gardiner is heading to PSU, what was UW's interest level in the young lad?
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Max Gardiner is heading to PSU, what was UW's interest level in the young lad?
            UW was heavily interested in his initial recruitment in high school and from my memory finished runner up to Minnesota at the time. When he decided to transfer I honestly don't know if UW had much interest of even if they could have much interest. Transferring in the conference is rare, although it does happen. I don't have any knowledge but I'd be shocked if a player transferred out of Minnesota and Lucia allowed him to transfer to Wisconsin, especially given that his brother played at UW. Even if he wasn't restricted, UW returns 15 forwards and still has Zulinick and Kerdiles coming in. There wouldn't have been any room.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              UW was heavily interested in his initial recruitment in high school and from my memory finished runner up to Minnesota at the time. When he decided to transfer I honestly don't know if UW had much interest of even if they could have much interest. Transferring in the conference is rare, although it does happen. I don't have any knowledge but I'd be shocked if a player transferred out of Minnesota and Lucia allowed him to transfer to Wisconsin, especially given that his brother played at UW. Even if he wasn't restricted, UW returns 15 forwards and still has Zulinick and Kerdiles coming in. There wouldn't have been any room.
              Technically, transferring to PSU is an in-conference transfer, but only technically. In looking at his numbers and after reading up a bit, he would not have been some massive upgrade that you couldn't turn away. At this point Eaves seems to have a well balanced group of forwards on the roster for next year.

Too bad Max didn't come to UW, he would have been in great position to get a ton of ice time last year.

Comment

Pretty sure Lucia blocked Max from transferring within WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                  Pretty sure Lucia blocked Max from transferring within WCHA.
                  No he didn't.
                  University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                    No he didn't.
                    That surprises me.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                      That surprises me.
                      They haven't done it before and there is no reason to do it in this case either.
                      University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                        They haven't done it before and there is no reason to do it in this case either.
                        Understood. Thank you Hammy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                          No he didn't.
                          I'm surprised he wouldn't block a transfer to another league team. I guess that's pretty common in other NCAA sports.

Comment

I'm surprised he wouldn't block a transfer to another league team. I guess that's pretty common in other NCAA sports.
                            I'm surprised he didn't encourage it with Gardiner.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I'm surprised you're surprised. I'm not surprised JDUBBS was 100% wrong.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                I'm surprised you're surprised. I'm not surprised JDUBBS was 100% wrong.
                                When I'm wrong, I'm man enough to admit it.

Comment

Working...
                                X