X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    Yeah, they did get pretty lucky missing EP in sections and Duluth East at state. They did, however, beat Minnetonka to get to state and Edina in the semi-finals. I was hoping to see them play East in the championship.
    IMO, Edina played better than BSM but that is why they play the game.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Wisconsin lands 96 born Seamus Malone per Baggot, per the kids dad. Teammate of 2014 Badger recruit Jake Linhart with the Chicago Mission. He's trying out for the NTDP as we speak.

Comment

UW has 3 recruits lined up for the 2013 class, Corbin McGuire (F), Tim Davison (D) and Gabe Grunwald (G). They are losing 3, Rammage, Lee and R Little. What the skinny on McGuire? I recall he committed around age 14-15. His numbers are not mind blowing by any means.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          UW has 3 recruits lined up for the 2013 class, Corbin McGuire (F), Tim Davison (D) and Gabe Grunwald (G). They are losing 3, Rammage, Lee and R Little. What the skinny on McGuire? I recall he committed around age 14-15. His numbers are not mind blowing by any means.
          Zengerlee is almost sure to go after next season. It wouldn't surprise me if a D were to put up some numbers after next season and get some interest also.

I'd like to see a class of 4F, 2D, and 1G for 2013, so Eaves and Co have some work to do.

Comment

Tim Davison played for Chicago in his first USHL game Saturday night and recorded a goal. Was +2 in todays game. Good start to his USHL career.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
              Zengerlee is almost sure to go after next season. It wouldn't surprise me if a D were to put up some numbers after next season and get some interest also.

I'd like to see a class of 4F, 2D, and 1G for 2013, so Eaves and Co have some work to do.
              Grant Besse should be an option. I assume he could be an option academically as he will be a high school senior this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                Grant Besse should be an option. I assume he could be an option academically as he will be a high school senior this fall.
                I'm told that Eaves is considering bumping him to a 2013. Might depend on where he decides to play hockey next season.

Comment

Interview with new 2015 recruit Seamus Malone if anyone is interested. Talks about why he chose Wisconsin.

LINK

"I pride myself in being a 2-way player. I play both ends of the ice. I can be a play-maker and a goal scorer. I'm a hard working leader, and a good teammate."--Seamus Malone

Comment

Man, not one comment on the new recruit? I know he's only a 2015 recruit but for a fan base full of experts on what kind of kids we should be recruiting (I kid, I kid ), I thought he might generate a little chatter.

Comment

Kind of hard to be excited about anything right now.

Plus, while it's always exciting to see a new recruit pop up, it's even more exciting when you can start seeing them produce for the NTDP or when they become point-a-game types in juniors.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Kind of hard to be excited about anything right now.

Plus, while it's always exciting to see a new recruit pop up, it's even more exciting when you can start seeing them produce for the NTDP or when they become point-a-game types in juniors.
                        How about when they become a point-plus a game player in juniors as a 16 year old?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          Man, not one comment on the new recruit? I know he's only a 2015 recruit but for a fan base full of experts on what kind of kids we should be recruiting (I kid, I kid ), I thought he might generate a little chatter.
                          Seamus was highly praised by Gino Cavallini in Baggot's article today, that's a high quality endorsement right there. He's one possible stud. On the flip side, it's hard to get too excited about such a young recruit, after all McGuire was also 15 when he signed up as a high end guy and he isn't lighting the ejhl up, unless 9G/15A in 40 games IS lighting up the ejhl.....

Baggot also said UW is known to have strong interest in at least three other Mission players: winger Christian Dvorak and defensemen Robert Nardella and Pete Tischke. Any info Chuck on these guys?
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Baggot also said UW is known to have strong interest in at least three other Mission players: winger Christian Dvorak and defensemen Robert Nardella and Pete Tischke. Any info Chuck on these guys?
                            Dvorak is an absolute stud and leading scorer on that Mission team (by quite a bit I think). Nardella is the son of a former pro player. His dad played for Ferris State and spent a lot of time playing pro overseas and also with the Chicago Wolves and Rockford Ice Hogs. Pete Tischke is a defenseman that is allegedly pretty solid. He's another kid who was invited to NTDP camp last week (which is obviously never a bad thing).

Surprised with all the connections Wisconsin has had with the Mission that they aren't on Adam Baughman, he's supposed to be another stud d-man with that club.

Don't be shocked if Wisconsin pursues Ryan Mantha, a defenseman from the Belle Tire program in Michigan. It may be hard to pry him out of state but his father (HC of the Michigan Warriors) in the NAHL is allegedly good buddies with Eaves.

PS, if anyone is interested I updated the scholarship grid with new additions/subtractions over the past couple of weeks. Might be able to shed some insight on the future.

LINK
                            Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 03-27-2012, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              I am guarded with my hope for this kid coming as an oral .This shows me Eaves and his coaches are getting top quality recruits. If we keep chipping away we will be back in line for the post season soon and will continue to be. Chuck thanks for reaching out to the kid. I hope Besse and this young man are here at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                                How about when they become a point-plus a game player in juniors as a 16 year old?
                                C'mon man... is this necessary?
                                University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X