X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    It appears that Kerdiles' stock continues to rise too, which is a double edged sword. Might mean a shorter stay at UW, but hopefully he is paying attention and makes a good decision on when to leave when that time arrives. Follows Stepan and Smith, and not Kyle Turris. I'm looking forward to all these kids being Badgers next season, going to be a boost to what should already be a good offensive group at forward (assuming no early departures). Playing time will be hard to find at forward.
    I think you can count on Kerdiles for 2, and hope for 3. Obviously things change but I think that's pretty safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      I think you can count on Kerdiles for 2, and hope for 3. Obviously things change but I think that's pretty safe.
      If the Badgers get two seasons out of him and he plays like Stepan or Smith did, I would wish him well on his NHL career at that point. I could see Zengerle feeding him some nice passes to fill the net next season, maybe w/ Barnes on the other wing.
      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
      Originally posted by UWisco
      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

If the Badgers get two seasons out of him and he plays like Stepan or Smith did, I would wish him well on his NHL career at that point. I could see Zengerle feeding him some nice passes to fill the net next season, maybe w/ Barnes on the other wing.
        That was the combination I had in my head as well. With a combination of Mersch, LaBate, and Lee making up the second unit.

Forwards are going to be real strong next season. Pencil in Zulinick as your third line center. Very nice.

Comment

Sorry for the plug but if anyone is interested: Committed Recruits Update

Includes quotes from P.K. O'Handley of the Waterloo Black Hawks (Eddie Wittchow), Danton Cole of the NTDP U18's (Nic Kerdiles), Cory McCracken from Notre Dame Academy (Tim Davison), and Ken Pauly from Benilde-St. Margaret's (Grant Besse).

Stat updates from all recruits as well.

Comment

Not sure it's been noted here but Gabe Grunwald (2013 goalie recruit) was traded from Michigan in the NAHL to Kenai River in the NAHL. He just wasn't getting any playing time for Michigan. Hopefully this will get him some more action.

Comment

......unless Zinger leaves after this season...........
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                No way, I want some sort of thread title in the future about fearing the "Killer Z's".
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  That's not happening.

Comment

Now that Chuck's in jail, I've been forced to the 5th Q for recruiting info. This McGoshen lad is a crazy physical specimine, 6-3, 205 @ 16 yrs old. Chuck says it's down to UMD, UND, UNO and UW, with UND the leader. He is only 16, so he's got a ways to go before college, but he seems line a McDonagh type to me. This is the type of guy UW needs, a lock down D with poise.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Now that Chuck's in jail, I've been forced to the 5th Q for recruiting info. This McGoshen lad is a crazy physical specimine, 6-3, 205 @ 16 yrs old. Chuck says it's down to UMD, UND, UNO and UW, with UND the leader. He is only 16, so he's got a ways to go before college, but he seems line a McDonagh type to me. This is the type of guy UW needs, a lock down D with poise.
                      I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up playing in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        North Dakota is the favorite for McCoshen.

Comment

Semi-old news but two kids from Eagan, MN have committed over the past couple weeks. Michael Zajac (Princeton) and Will Merchant (Maine) both took visits to Wisconsin this year. I'm not sure if they had offers or not.

Comment

EC Memorial junior defenseman Michael Kapla won the Big Rivers POY award.

His USHL rights are owned by Sioux City. I get the feeling he'll play his senior year there next season.

UMass-Lowell is showing interest and I know he's on Wisconsin's radar. Would likely be a 2014 type recruit. He's a guy to watch with the WIAA playoffs starting this week. Memorial is good again and should make it to state pretty easily.

Comment

Tim Davison (2013 UW recruit) little brother Luke who also plays for Green Bay Notre Dame has been invited to the NTDP Final 40 camp.

Update:
                              2014 Badger recruit Jake Linhart (Chicago Mission U16) told me tonight he's also attending the NTDP Final 40 camp, as well as considering some options in the USHL.
                              Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 02-15-2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

2014 recruit Grant Besse (Benilde-St. Margarets) will be starting the playoffs on Thursday vs Holy Family. Benilde is in the LOADED section 6 with three of the top ten teams in the state.

Besse has a 31 game point streak going dating back to last season. He finished this regular season with 75 points in 25 games (2nd overall in class AA scoring).

Comment

Working...
                                X