PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Badgerdude4
05-12-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't know if I would read too much into how one organization treats one prospect to say how they will treat another, but it's a fair point.

Nashville has waited with other players besides Blake. During that last game, the VS broadcasters said that Cody Franson had to wait 3 years before suiting up for an exhibition game. They also haven't used Ryan Ellis at all, who is supposedly going to be an all star someday.
Obviously I'm a homer, but I think Nashville would be better off leaving him here, especially after having developed as well as he has in two years. That might just be me though.

Chuck Schwartz
05-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Tim Davison's USHL rights were traded from Youngstown (who took him in the first round of the futures draft last year) to Chicago.

I asked Tim if he would be making the jump to the USHL next season and he said, "It's too early to tell. The trade makes it a whole new scenario."

When I interviewed Tim last fall he had said that he wanted to go to Youngstown for last season (his jr. year of high school) but his family decided it wasn't in his best interest. I figured it was certain he would be there this year. We'll see how it plays out.

DPlaya
05-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Tim Davison's USHL rights were traded from Youngstown (who took him in the first round of the futures draft last year) to Chicago.

I asked Tim if he would be making the jump to the USHL next Uuseason and he said, "It's too early to tell. The trade makes it a whole new scenario."

When I interviewed Tim last fall he had said that he wanted to go to Youngstown for last season (his jr. year of high school) but his family decided it wasn't in his best interest. I figured it was certain he would be there this year. We'll see how it plays out.

I had heard he was leaning toward staying at Notre Dame prior to the trade but I didn't want to print that as I thought it might affect his USHL rights. Now that he's been traded I guess that's OK to say. I'd also think he's even less likely to play for Chicago than he was to play for Youngstown this year.

Team Wisconsin Major could be loaded at defense this year if Davison (Wisconsin) and Cliff Watson (Ohio State) return. Even without them Brett Bukowski and Ron Lindgren could return and John Feemster, Matt Fosdick and Alec Vanko potentially moving up from TW Minor.

Chuck Schwartz
05-14-2011, 07:29 PM
I had heard he was leaning toward staying at Notre Dame prior to the trade but I didn't want to print that as I thought it might affect his USHL rights. Now that he's been traded I guess that's OK to say. I'd also think he's even less likely to play for Chicago than he was to play for Youngstown this year.

Team Wisconsin Major could be loaded at defense this year if Davison (Wisconsin) and Cliff Watson (Ohio State) return. Even without them Brett Bukowski and Ron Lindgren could return and John Feemster, Matt Fosdick and Alec Vanko potentially moving up from TW Minor.

You're right, that d-core is loaded. Quite possibly the best group of d-men TW has ever had. The funny thing is, if McCabe didn't accelerate and go to the NTDP he could have been a member of that group next year as well.

Wes Hodkiewicz from the Green Bay Press Gazette told me last night that he also had heard that Davison was likely to return but I don't know. Davison's tweets to me sound like he had made up his mind to leave but now has to re-evaluate. He was asked by someone today what this trade means and he responded, "Only thing it changes is I have to make the decision of leaving or staying all over again."

Tim has a real chance at stepping in for 2012 since we're losing Springer to graduation and Schultz for sure to the NHL and maybe Ramage as well with no defensemen currently committed. Like I mentioned before the coaching staff has changed their philosophy on the USHL but there is no question he would be more prepared to come to Madison in 2012 if he spent next season in the USHL. We'll see how it plays out.

Big Papa
05-16-2011, 04:09 PM
I totally agree Tim is a really good player and can make a big difference in the future.

Chuck Schwartz
05-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Potential UW recruit Eddie Wittchow from Burnsville was selected by the Waterloo Black Hawks with the 4th overall pick in today's USHL Draft.

Danny Scherer, from Nashotah, WI who played in the NAHL with Amarillo was taken 12th overall. Formerly played for the Milwaukee Jr. Admirals.

Alex Dahl from Eau Claire, WI (Memorial) and brother of UW forward Jefferson was taken by Youngstown in the second round.

Other Wisconsin players: Michael Kapla (EC Memorial) 82nd to Sioux City, Matthew Purmal (Merrill, Marquette Electricians) 143rd to Lincoln, Austin Vieth (Marinette, Notre Dame Academy) 226th to Chicago, Todd Koritzinsky (Middleton) 243rd to Youngstown, Kyle Schmidt (Menomonee Falls, Milwaukee Jr Admirals) 245th to Waterloo, and Travis Wood (Hudson, Hill Murray HS) 262nd to Sioux City.

MadCityRich
05-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Today (as expected) Joseph LaBate, Brad Navin, Patrick Daly and Jake McCabe all signed their LOI and will join the Badgers for the fall of 2011.
http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/051711aad.html

aktick
05-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Today (as expected) Joseph LaBate, Brad Navin, Patrick Daly and Jake McCabe all signed their LOI and will join the Badgers for the fall of 2011.

Thanks, UWisco.

;)

UWisco
05-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks, UWisco.

;)

Appreciate the kind words.

aktick
05-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Appreciate the kind words.

Actually, I was taking a light-hearted jab at you, sorry if that wasn't clear. :p

All in good fun...

MadCityRich
05-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Thanks, UWisco.

;):D I caught it, my brotha! I actually thought about it AFTER I hit the "Submit Reply" key :o. That was a good one, tho'!

UWisco
05-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Actually, I was taking a light-hearted jab at you, sorry if that wasn't clear. :p

All in good fun...

Ya I know I talk alot about LOIs but I just get info on it.
UWisco=LOI Guy!

UWisco
05-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Landon Peterson signs LOI to Wisconsin.

Source is Baggot: http://m.host.madison.com/mobile/article_159269ea-80ce-11e0-9e94-001cc4c002e0.html

This is a mobile link as I'm on IPod.

Chuck Schwartz
05-18-2011, 02:27 AM
I'm hearing Wisconsin will bring in another defenseman next season even if Wittchow decides to play in the USHL. Badgers looking at another TC defenseman possibly.

badgerhawk
05-18-2011, 08:33 AM

Some good size in this class.

Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Age Hometown Current Team
Patrick Daly D 6-0 180 18 Victoria, Minn. Benilde-St. Margaret's H.S.
Joseph LaBate F 6-4 195 18 Eagan, Minn. Academy of Holy Angels (H.S.)
Jake McCabe D 6-0 190 17 Eau Claire, Wis. U.S. NTDP (USHL)
Brad Navin F 6-2 195 18 Waupaca, Wis. Waupaca High School
Tyler Lapic F 6-2 195 19 New Prague, Minn. Chicago (USHL)
Matt Paape F 5-10 185 19 Appleton, Wis. Sioux City (USHL)
Joel Rumpel G 6-3 175 19 Swift Current, Saskatchewan Penticton (BCHL)
Brendan Woods F 6-3 192 18 Palmyra, Pa. Muskegon (USHL)

solovsfett
05-18-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm hearing Wisconsin will bring in another defenseman next season even if Wittchow decides to play in the USHL. Badgers looking at another TC defenseman possibly.

I'm a bit surprised by this. I wonder if someone may be transferring or if this is insurance for when Schultz, and possibly Rammer leave after next season?

or...Is Butters changing the face of how UW recruits?

Chuck Schwartz
05-19-2011, 02:19 AM
I'm a bit surprised by this. I wonder if someone may be transferring or if this is insurance for when Schultz, and possibly Rammer leave after next season?

or...Is Butters changing the face of how UW recruits?

I said before that Butters is changing how UW recruits but some got upset with me. Additionally I don't think the staff was overly impressed with Drake this season.

solovsfett
05-19-2011, 06:54 AM
I said before that Butters is changing how UW recruits but some got upset with me. Additionally I don't think the staff was overly impressed with Drake this season.

yes. well, Eaves is pretty open philosophically then. I'm not sure if I agree w/bringing in 18 Y.O. but then again, Butters did have some **** successful players for him in Ratville.

Almington
05-19-2011, 10:35 AM
yes. well, Eaves is pretty open philosophically then. I'm not sure if I agree w/bringing in 18 Y.O. but then again, Butters did have some **** successful players for him in Ratville.

But that was different recruiting age, I suspect that this is an experiment that will ultimately be a failure. Frost contributions are something that can help make a contender a champion.

Osorojo
05-19-2011, 10:57 AM
For several decades U.S. automakers sourced their parts on the basis of short term profit rather than long term reliability. Foreign auto makers ate them alive. What criteria are used to recruit components of successful hockey programs, versus model years?