X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Breakdown of the early signees if anyone is interested. -LINK
    The NCAA early signing period opened up in the middle of last week and the Wisconsin men's hockey team used it to to to add some depth and some talent to a team that is projected by many to be a Frozen Four caliber club in the near future.

Just curious. Who, outside the Wisconsin fan base, has projected them to be a "Frozen Four caliber team"?

Sources would be great

Comment

• Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
      The NCAA early signing period opened up in the middle of last week and the Wisconsin men's hockey team used it to to to add some depth and some talent to a team that is projected by many to be a Frozen Four caliber club in the near future.

Just curious. Who, outside the Wisconsin fan base, has projected them to be a "Frozen Four caliber team"?

Sources would be great
      There are many in the Wisconsin fan base. I think that's enough to qualify Chuck's statement.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        There are many in the Wisconsin fan base. I think that's enough to qualify Chuck's statement.
        You clearly didn't get my point.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

And you can chill out.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            Breakdown of the early signees if anyone is interested. -LINK
            Chuck, once again great info. I am drooling over the fact that Zengerlee and Zulinik (now dubbed the "Killer Zee's") will be centering the first 2 lines. Zulinik sounds a lot like Zengerlee when he was coming out. Kerdiles seems to be a Barnes/C Smith kind of guy. Add in a smooth D Schulze to take Schultz's place and the table is set for contention. As long as Rumpel keeps progressing, UW will be loaded the next 2 years, I think the 2nd year with Zengerlee, Barnes & Mersch being Sr's, Rumpel & McCabe Jr's and Zulinic, Kerdiles and Schulze So's will be the yr to win it all. I am pumped for next year already.

Wisconsin Hockey: Beware of the Killer Zee's
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              And you can chill out.
              Come on now. Chuck's statement screamed for attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Chuck, once again great info. I am drooling over the fact that Zengerlee and Zulinik (now dubbed the "Killer Zee's") will be centering the first 2 lines. Zulinik sounds a lot like Zengerlee when he was coming out. Kerdiles seems to be a Barnes/C Smith kind of guy. Add in a smooth D Schulze to take Schultz's place and the table is set for contention. As long as Rumpel keeps progressing, UW will be loaded the next 2 years, I think the 2nd year with Zengerlee, Barnes & Mersch being Sr's, Rumpel & McCabe Jr's and Zulinic, Kerdiles and Schulze So's will be the yr to win it all. I am pumped for next year already.

Wisconsin Hockey: Beware of the Killer Zee's
                One of the things I was thinking about over the past couple days in projecting Kerdiles and Zulinick into the current roster was how the center positon was going to take shape. Zulinick has played center his whole life and Kerdiles can do both but he's been playing in the middle and thriving this season with the U18's.

Remember that we not only bring back Zengerle at center, but Derek Lee, and Jefferson Dahl as well as a couple others like Jason Clark and Keegan Meuer who have played the position this season.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Eaves goes 1-2-3 down the middle of Zengerle, Lee, and Zulinick. For wingers on the top two lines you have some combination of Kerdiles, LaBate, Mersch, and Barnes. That's a really, really strong top 6.

Wild...way too early stab in the dark at some combos...

Kerdiles-Zengerle-Barnes
                LaBate-Lee-Mersch
                Clark-Zulinick-Paape
                Woods-Dahl-R. Little
                --------------------
                Navin-Meuer-S. Little-Lapic

Now that's a fight to get in the lineup on any given night....Meuer and Navin have been every night regulars this season.

I could also see Eaves moving Lee to a wing, because we've become so left hand dominant.

Comment

One of the kids that was in town last weekend was Grant Besse from Benilde-St. Margarets. I don't know if he has an offer but it sounds like the Badgers are in very good standing with him. He's a talented kid, and we've obviously got a great connection at BSM with Patrick Daly and the Russo family.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    One of the kids that was in town last weekend was Grant Besse from Benilde-St. Margarets. I don't know if he has an offer but it sounds like the Badgers are in very good standing with him. He's a talented kid, and we've obviously got a great connection at BSM with Patrick Daly and the Russo family.
                    From what I have read he seems to have some top notch talent.

And to sign Zulinick, Kerdiles, and Schulze already is a great class for 2012. With only 3 kids coming in, we still have a A+ class.
                    WISCONSIN BADGERS
                    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Probably not a fit for us but former Ohio State commit Michael Vilardo has un-retired from hockey and has joined the Chicago Steel.

Comment

Got a chance to see some prospective recruits this week when Benilde-St. Margarets played St. Cloud Tech. The Badgers have talked with Christian Horn and Grant Besse from BSM before and Besse was in for a visit during the Gopher series.

They are playing tonight against Hill-Murray and you can watch the game online HERE.

If you watch the game, keep an eye on these players:

F-Horn (#21) Senior
                        F-Besse (#12) Junior
                        F-Labosky (#27) Junior
                        F-Hale (#9) Sophomore
                        D-Glover (#8) Sophomore
                        D-Collins (#25) Sophomore

FYI, Chris from Western College Hockey ranked the top Minnesota high school kids today.

He had Horn (#3 overall senior), Besse (#7 overall junior), Labosky (#27 overall junior), Hale (#10 overall sophomore), Collins (#13 overall sophomore), Glover (#3 overall sophomore).
                        Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 12-01-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Sounds like Tim Davison is in the hospital getting an IV. His brother said on twitter that he's super sick. Hopefully it's not serious.

Comment

Also Gary Shuchuk is in Waterloo tonight to watch Omaha vs Waterloo. I'm sure he's there to see Schulze but also a host of prospects from Waterloo, including Ian McCoshen.

Comment

hopefully Davison is ok. Thanks for these updates Chuck

re: McCoshen...maybe Gary can in his ear a bit about UW for 2013?
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                re: McCoshen...maybe Gary can in his ear a bit about UW for 2013?
                                Yeah, I'm guessing that had a lot to do with why he chose that game to attend last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X