X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    So Eddie Wittchow must be a dead issue then? He would certainly be a 2012 recruit, though I haven't followed him this season in the USHL to see how he is doing.
    It's not dead...but he doesn't hold a UW offer right now.

Comment

It would be nice to garner a verbal from a 2013 dman that has the flexibility of coming a year earlier in a bind. McCabe despite his injury has a chance to be a fairly high draft pick which always has the potential to shorten a college career (you would think that with the way Eaves has churned out quality NHL dman that need little AHL seasoning that that would not be a problem...but you get some varying opinoins on prospect development where some teams have different ideas then college).

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
        It would be nice to garner a verbal from a 2013 dman that has the flexibility of coming a year earlier in a bind. McCabe despite his injury has a chance to be a fairly high draft pick which always has the potential to shorten a college career (you would think that with the way Eaves has churned out quality NHL dman that need little AHL seasoning that that would not be a problem...but you get some varying opinoins on prospect development where some teams have different ideas then college).
        You mean, in addition to Tim Davison? Because what you described is exactly what he is. A 2013 recruit that could come in next year if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          You mean, in addition to Tim Davison? Because what you described is exactly what he is. A 2013 recruit that could come in next year if needed.
          Options are always good

Comment

Really nice weekend for some recruits. Nic Kerdiles had 5 goals in 3 games for Team USA at the U18 Four Nations Cup, leading Team USA to a gold medal.

Morgan Zulinick was invited to the CJHL top prospects game and had a goal yesterday.

Comment

Eaves says he's done recruiting for 2012? We're going to go into 2012 with 7 defenseman? Truly he can't be serious.

LINK
              Maybe a hidden gem up his sleeve, that hasn't been able to commit just yet?

Comment

Originally posted by mariucci View Post
                Maybe a hidden gem up his sleeve, that hasn't been able to commit just yet?
                I doubt he would lie and tell our local reporter he's done recruiting 2012 just to say it.

Comment

I know one name for sure but I'm not sure I'm allowed to say who. It's a kid that hasn't been mentioned around here but has plenty of ties to UW.

Did anyone notice any recruits in attendance this weekend?

Comment

He could be done "recruiting", but if some stud D calls him up and says I want to play for you, surely he could oblige the young lad.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      He could be done "recruiting", but if some stud D calls him up and says I want to play for you, surely he could oblige the young lad.
                      The problem is, those simply aren't out there at this point.

There is one player who fits that bill, and that's Seth Jones from the NTDP who (if he goes to college) would be the #1 recruit in the country. But i don't think anyone expects him to play college hockey. He's projected to go possibly #1 in the draft in 2013 and the general consensus is that he'll go to the WHL after this year.

Sure, if he wanted to come...Eaves would take him. Other then that I don't know. Wittchow is probably the #2 available defenseman and Eaves (at this point) hasn't made him a scholarship offer for next season, knowing full well the kid is a Badger fan.

Another available defenseman is probably Joey Fiala from Verona, another kid that would love to be a Badger but hasn't gotten a sniff from UW lately. FWIW if anyone is interested he's looking at a bunch of Ivy schools like Cornell right now after decommitting from Western Michigan.
                      Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 11-14-2011, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Interesting comment from Eaves in his weekly press conference. He was asked if he's received the 3 signed LOI's yet, but said he's only gotten two back. He grinned when he said "when you're dealing with billet families and Canadian mail, things get hectic."

So it sounds like Kerdiles and Schulze have theirs in, and they are waiting on Zulinick. Should be a press release this week hopefully.

Comment

Zulinick signed.

Comment

Zulinick signed.
                            sweet!
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

when you're dealing with Canadian mail, things get hectic."
                              It took a week and a half for me to get a map in the mail from Dryden Ontario a month ago, I can believe it.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Breakdown of the early signees if anyone is interested. -LINK

Comment

Working...
                                X