PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

mariucci
01-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Congrats!! Good kid on and off the ice!!

Chuck Schwartz
01-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Dammit Chuck, you tease!! That's like dangling a deep fried Snickers in front of my face.

Turns out the info was wrong. Wisconsin didn't make an offer (on the unidentified USHL player). That's another reason why I didn't post a name.

Moving on...

Chuck Schwartz
01-10-2012, 01:36 AM
Tim Davison's brother Luke is starting to generate some recruiting interest. He's a sophomore at Notre Dame Academy. Northern Michigan is hot on his trail and UW is involved as well. No offer from UW yet, but NMU may have. More info to come later...

diddlypoo
01-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Who else offered Besse?

JDUBBS1280
01-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Who else offered Besse?

He also visited Bemidji State, St Cloud State, and Colorado College per Minnesota Hockey Hub.

Timothy A
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Could have read that in my article (http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2012/1/8/2691734/besse-the-badger) too Timothy, since it was my story. ;)

Are you saying I should start reading the 5th Quarter and not Madison.com? Isn't that kind of like saying I should watch some AAA Nashville baseball and not the Brewers? I guess it wouldn't hurt to stick a link in my favorites. :)

Chuck Schwartz
01-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Are you saying I should start reading the 5th Quarter and not Madison.com? Isn't that kind of like saying I should watch some AAA Nashville baseball and not the Brewers? I guess it wouldn't hurt to stick a link in my favorites. :)

Burned.

sweatpants
01-10-2012, 03:48 PM
it's been a while since I've read or heard anything on Jose Delgadillo.

last I heard he may have been hanging up his skates. instead he's working on his strength and considering 4 schools

Union, Ohio State, Bowling Green and one other I don't recall.

good luck to him!

The other one would be Western Michigan. I really don't think he needs a strength coach, but just needs to change his mentality in the defensive zone.

Chuck Schwartz
01-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Delgadillo commited to Bowling Green last week for those who were talking about him.

Gandalf the Red
01-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Solid showing in the NHL mid-term scouting for the 2012 Draft.

#27-F Nic Kerdiles
#47-D Jake McCabe
#104-F Morgan Zulinick

I know McCabe isn't a recruit, I don't want to break any unwritten USCHO posting requirements for a recruiting thread.

With Wittchow already drafted last summer, the four man 2012 class is looking very impressive. It appears that Kerdiles' stock continues to rise too, which is a double edged sword. Might mean a shorter stay at UW, but hopefully he is paying attention and makes a good decision on when to leave when that time arrives. Follows Stepan and Smith, and not Kyle Turris. I'm looking forward to all these kids being Badgers next season, going to be a boost to what should already be a good offensive group at forward (assuming no early departures). Playing time will be hard to find at forward.

Chuck Schwartz
01-12-2012, 06:23 PM
It appears that Kerdiles' stock continues to rise too, which is a double edged sword. Might mean a shorter stay at UW, but hopefully he is paying attention and makes a good decision on when to leave when that time arrives. Follows Stepan and Smith, and not Kyle Turris. I'm looking forward to all these kids being Badgers next season, going to be a boost to what should already be a good offensive group at forward (assuming no early departures). Playing time will be hard to find at forward.

I think you can count on Kerdiles for 2, and hope for 3. Obviously things change but I think that's pretty safe.

Gandalf the Red
01-12-2012, 06:47 PM
I think you can count on Kerdiles for 2, and hope for 3. Obviously things change but I think that's pretty safe.

If the Badgers get two seasons out of him and he plays like Stepan or Smith did, I would wish him well on his NHL career at that point. I could see Zengerle feeding him some nice passes to fill the net next season, maybe w/ Barnes on the other wing.

Chuck Schwartz
01-12-2012, 10:35 PM
If the Badgers get two seasons out of him and he plays like Stepan or Smith did, I would wish him well on his NHL career at that point. I could see Zengerle feeding him some nice passes to fill the net next season, maybe w/ Barnes on the other wing.

That was the combination I had in my head as well. With a combination of Mersch, LaBate, and Lee making up the second unit.

Forwards are going to be real strong next season. Pencil in Zulinick as your third line center. Very nice.

Chuck Schwartz
01-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Sorry for the plug but if anyone is interested: Committed Recruits Update (http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2012/1/25/2715710/hockey-recruiting-committed-recruit-updates#storyjump)

Includes quotes from P.K. O'Handley of the Waterloo Black Hawks (Eddie Wittchow), Danton Cole of the NTDP U18's (Nic Kerdiles), Cory McCracken from Notre Dame Academy (Tim Davison), and Ken Pauly from Benilde-St. Margaret's (Grant Besse).

Stat updates from all recruits as well.

Chuck Schwartz
01-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Not sure it's been noted here but Gabe Grunwald (2013 goalie recruit) was traded from Michigan in the NAHL to Kenai River in the NAHL. He just wasn't getting any playing time for Michigan. Hopefully this will get him some more action.

MadCityRich
01-28-2012, 04:33 PM
If the Badgers get two seasons out of him and he plays like Stepan or Smith did, I would wish him well on his NHL career at that point. I could see Zengerle feeding him some nice passes to fill the net next season, maybe w/ Barnes on the other wing.......unless Zinger leaves after this season...........:eek:

Timothy A
01-28-2012, 11:42 PM
......unless Zinger leaves after this season...........:eek:

No way, I want some sort of thread title in the future about fearing the "Killer Z's".

Chuck Schwartz
01-29-2012, 08:58 PM
......unless Zinger leaves after this season...........:eek:

That's not happening.

Timothy A
02-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Now that Chuck's in jail, I've been forced to the 5th Q for recruiting info. This McGoshen lad is a crazy physical specimine, 6-3, 205 @ 16 yrs old. Chuck says it's down to UMD, UND, UNO and UW, with UND the leader. He is only 16, so he's got a ways to go before college, but he seems line a McDonagh type to me. This is the type of guy UW needs, a lock down D with poise.

bucky15
02-11-2012, 05:00 AM
Now that Chuck's in jail, I've been forced to the 5th Q for recruiting info. This McGoshen lad is a crazy physical specimine, 6-3, 205 @ 16 yrs old. Chuck says it's down to UMD, UND, UNO and UW, with UND the leader. He is only 16, so he's got a ways to go before college, but he seems line a McDonagh type to me. This is the type of guy UW needs, a lock down D with poise.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up playing in Canada.