This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    He's still a period alum. No way he pulls that donation and hurts his alma mater.
    Still probably more likely than what I came up with.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      He's still a period alum. No way he pulls that donation and hurts his alma mater.

Edit: Whoops, that was supposed to say "proud" alum. Dang phone auto correct.
      I don't think that it's likely, just that it's possible.

On top of that who knows what will happen to PSU donations and revenue going forward, may be a nasty budget crunch looming for PSU athletics.
      Last edited by Almington; 11-10-2011, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Eaves says he's done recruiting for 2012? We're going to go into 2012 with 7 defenseman? Truly he can't be serious.

LINK

Comment

So if Ramage comes back next season you have...

2012 (7):

Ramage, Simonelli, Faust, Daly, Drake, Schulze, McCabe

2013 (7-8):

Simonelli, Faust, Daly, Drake, Schulze, McCabe, Davison (committed), McCoshen (potential recruit?)

I don't know. I know the Badgers would really like to bring in McCoshen as he's a big time recruit for 2013. Are they worried about being stuck with 9 defensemen in 2013 if they bring in another blue-liner next year?

I guess potentially if there was a season ending injury or something in the first half of the season, Davison could enroll at semester if he was seriously needed. And with 17 forwards on the roster it won't be hard to find a body in practice to fill that fourth pairing.

It's unusual but I guess after my initial shock, it makes some sense.

Comment

Sounds like the Badgers are bringing in some potential recruits to visit this weekend, makes sense with the atmosphere this weekend.

Could have a new forward recruit on Monday if an offer is made.

Comment

Sounds like the Badgers are bringing in some potential recruits to visit this weekend, makes sense with the atmosphere this weekend.

Could have a new forward recruit on Monday if an offer is made.
              Any ideas as to whom they are brining in?

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                Any ideas as to whom they are brining in?
                I know one name for sure but I'm not sure I'm allowed to say who. It's a kid that hasn't been mentioned around here but has plenty of ties to UW.

Comment

I know one name for sure but I'm not sure I'm allowed to say who. It's a kid that hasn't been mentioned around here but has plenty of ties to UW.
                  Understood.

Comment

So if Ramage comes back next season you have...

2012 (7):

Ramage, Simonelli, Faust, Daly, Drake, Schulze, McCabe

2013 (7-8):

Simonelli, Faust, Daly, Drake, Schulze, McCabe, Davison (committed), McCoshen (potential recruit?)

I don't know. I know the Badgers would really like to bring in McCoshen as he's a big time recruit for 2013. Are they worried about being stuck with 9 defensemen in 2013 if they bring in another blue-liner next year?

I guess potentially if there was a season ending injury or something in the first half of the season, Davison could enroll at semester if he was seriously needed. And with 17 forwards on the roster it won't be hard to find a body in practice to fill that fourth pairing.

It's unusual but I guess after my initial shock, it makes some sense.
                    McChoshen is uncommitted?
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      McChoshen is uncommitted?
                      Correct.

Comment

Would be nice if our boys can be competive in both games against Minny. I say go with Rumple both nights. Rammer will be looking to redeem himself. It will be interesting to see if we get a new name to ponder after the weekend as you say Chuck.

Watching the attendance carefully. It's the elephant in the room. No one really talks about it but it's there. Dwindling attendance. If Camp Randall were that empty or it was basketball, there would be headlines. Way too many empty seats again for this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
                          Would be nice if our boys can be competive in both games against Minny. I say go with Rumple both nights. Rammer will be looking to redeem himself. It will be interesting to see if we get a new name to ponder after the weekend as you say Chuck.

Watching the attendance carefully. It's the elephant in the room. No one really talks about it but it's there. Dwindling attendance. If Camp Randall were that empty or it was basketball, there would be headlines. Way too many empty seats again for this weekend.
                          You want to see bad attendance problems at a school that has no business having them?

Check out THIS PHOTO of Michigan's student section 3 minutes to puck drop.

Comment

Eaves says he's done recruiting for 2012? We're going to go into 2012 with 7 defenseman? Truly he can't be serious.

LINK
                            If push came to shove they could move Little back to D in an emergency.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                              If push came to shove they could move Little back to D in an emergency.
                              Well that was my thought as well, but in the same article he talks about Little graduating and not coming back for his red-shirt senior season.

Comment

Well that was my thought as well, but in the same article he talks about Little graduating and not coming back for his red-shirt senior season.
                                I can't fathom that occurring. Reading "5 good minutes" w/ Justin Schultz the other day, he said Little is the heart and soul of team this season. I don't see a competitor like him giving up a year of hockey because he graduates, nor a chance to play one last year of hockey w/ his younger brother.

Baggot is reaching there to even mention it IMHO.

So Eddie Wittchow must be a dead issue then? He would certainly be a 2012 recruit, though I haven't followed him this season in the USHL to see how he is doing.
                                Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                                Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                                Originally posted by UWisco
                                It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Working...
                                X