This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milzie View Post
    Funny commentary from a guy who at the time was ecstatic that John Hill was leaving Alaska to be the asst. coach for the gophers. How'd that work out for you? And you expect people to take your opinion of a coach of a rival team seriously after that debacle....LOL!
    We all love Butters. He's a "M" guy, but Hammy is hardly the only Gopher fan that feels this way.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Originally posted by milzie View Post
      Funny commentary from a guy who at the time was ecstatic that John Hill was leaving Alaska to be the asst. coach for the gophers. How'd that work out for you? And you expect people to take your opinion of a coach of a rival team seriously after that debacle....LOL!
      If "ecstatic" means pointing out that Hill helped build two teams that won titles (granted, he wasn't coaching those teams), then I guess I'm guilty. Ironically enough, that puts him ahead of the curve on the guy you are trying to defend.

If it makes you feel better, I'm just as happy as you that Butters is at UW.
      University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
        If it makes you feel better, I'm just as happy as you that Butters is at UW.
        You say stuff like this with no substance. If you're going to say it, give a reason. Do you feel like he simply can't recruit? What's the deal, why are you so happy he's at Wisconsin? Obviously it's way too soon to judge the returns on what he's provided in his stint in Madison so far, so I'm curious what you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          You say stuff like this with no substance. If you're going to say it, give a reason. Do you feel like he simply can't recruit? What's the deal, why are you so happy he's at Wisconsin? Obviously it's way too soon to judge the returns on what he's provided in his stint in Madison so far, so I'm curious what you know.
          Just like you, I am not going to divulge everything I hear/know for public consumption on a message board. I will say some of it is recruiting related.

C'mon... can't a guy just be happy about some things in this world?
          University of Minnesota

Comment

Exactly. The guy hasn't been here long enough to have an opinion either way, but I'm willing to see what he can do. No one said they were ecstatic about Butters being here like Hammy was about Hill.

I think Hammy should worry about his own teams coaching staff. They just signed Lucia (who he was calling for his head) to a 3 year extension!

Comment

Originally posted by milzie View Post
              I think Hammy should worry about his own teams coaching staff. They just signed Lucia (who he was calling for his head) to a 3 year extension!
              Called for his head... if he made no staff changes. If he hadn't been forced into making a change, I'd still be saying it. Fortunately, it is no longer a concern and things have been great (especially with recruiting) since then.

Thanks for the entertainment! I wasn't getting much on the Gopher/Sioux threads this week.
              University of Minnesota

Comment

Two Wisconsin high school kids, John Feemster from Wausau West (Sioux Falls), and Michael Kapla from Eau Claire Memorial (Sioux City) are playing up with the USHL teams that own their rights this weekend. They will return for the high school season next week.

Both are fringe recruits at this point. Two kids to keep an eye on.

Comment

Glad to see Butters recruiting in state.. Sure many Badger fans may get a lil fiesty if it all doesn't equate to an NCAA right away, or it may (i dunno).. Its just the right thing to do (imo).. Its good for the sport, good for WI etc etc... Theres plenty of hockey talent in WI so why not give those scholarships to the local kids, does the youth programs wonders...

Comment

http://m.host.madison.com/mobile/art...cc4c03286.html

Nic Kerdiles
                    Morgan Zulinick
                    Kevin Schulze

3 are expected to sign this week.

Sorry for the mobile website.
                    WISCONSIN BADGERS
                    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by mariucci View Post
                      Glad to see Butters recruiting in state.. Sure many Badger fans may get a lil fiesty if it all doesn't equate to an NCAA right away, or it may (i dunno).. Its just the right thing to do (imo).. Its good for the sport, good for WI etc etc... Theres plenty of hockey talent in WI so why not give those scholarships to the local kids, does the youth programs wonders...
                      I like the idea on paper but until Wisconsin high schools can prove they can play at the elite level of the Minnesota HS or Mass prep schools of the world I'd just as soon have UW recruit canada more. the level of competition for Wisconsin HS is pretty low w/the exception being Hudson, Superior, Eagle River, Wausau, pretty much the far northern and northeastern schools. that won't change unless somehow (and I don't know how it would transpire) the southeastern part of the state begins to support hockey in any real way.

for Wisconsin to be like Minnesota they need places like Brookfield to produce 2 teams (central and east) for hockey not a combined team. they need all of the schools in that conference to have high end coaches but deeper than that they need more youth programs.

get these kids in the suburbs to forget about effing soccer already and play hockey
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                        http://m.host.madison.com/mobile/art...cc4c03286.html

Nic Kerdiles
                        Morgan Zulinick
                        Kevin Schulze

3 are expected to sign this week.

Sorry for the mobile website.
                        what's up w/Corbin Mcguire not signing?

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          I like the idea on paper but until Wisconsin high schools can prove they can play at the elite level of the Minnesota HS or Mass prep schools of the world I'd just as soon have UW recruit canada more. the level of competition for Wisconsin HS is pretty low w/the exception being Hudson, Superior, Eagle River, Wausau, pretty much the far northern and northeastern schools. that won't change unless somehow (and I don't know how it would transpire) the southeastern part of the state begins to support hockey in any real way.

for Wisconsin to be like Minnesota they need places like Brookfield to produce 2 teams (central and east) for hockey not a combined team. they need all of the schools in that conference to have high end coaches but deeper than that they need more youth programs.

get these kids in the suburbs to forget about effing soccer already and play hockey
                          That's not going to happen, and really doesn't even matter. There are PLENTY of MN HS hockey studs who play HS soccer (and are quality players).
                          Get those youngsters out of basketball....

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                            That's not going to happen, and really doesn't even matter. There are PLENTY of MN HS hockey studs who play HS soccer (and are quality players).
                            Get those youngsters out of basketball....
                            well, I mean that in places like Brookfield, WI soccer is the king sport. the kids can do both sports but at an early age they're choosing to focus on the one (soccer) over the other so that's part of the culture that would need to change imo in order for HS hockey in southeast wisconsin to really take off

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              what's up w/Corbin Mcguire not signing?
                              That's not unexpected. He's been mediocre since moving to junior hockey, injuries were partially to blame. Could still end up in this class but it's looking more like 2013 for him at this point.

Keep in mind that Big Ten schools can't sign kids to letters of intent without having that scholarship money available on paper. Zulinick and Kerdiles are on fulls, and UW only graduates Springer. I'm not even sure what trick Eaves pulled to push money around to get them signed in the early fall period.
                              Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 11-07-2011, 10:41 PM.

Comment

That's not unexpected. He's been mediocre since moving to junior hockey, injuries were partially to blame. Could still end up in this class but it's looking more like 2013 for him at this point.

Keep in mind that Big Ten schools can't sign kids to letters of intent without having that scholarship money available on paper. Zulinick and Kerdiles are on fulls, and UW only graduates Springer. I'm not even sure what trick Eaves pulled to push money around to get them signed in the early fall period.
                                thanks. I forgot they were maybe bringing him in for 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X