PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

mariucci
11-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Eaves says he's done recruiting for 2012? We're going to go into 2012 with 7 defenseman? Truly he can't be serious.

LINK (http://host.madison.com/sports/blog/uw-men-s-hockey-eaves-done-adding-recruits-for/article_677c3bde-0b46-11e1-9735-001cc4c03286.html)

Maybe a hidden gem up his sleeve, that hasn't been able to commit just yet?

Chuck Schwartz
11-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Maybe a hidden gem up his sleeve, that hasn't been able to commit just yet?

I doubt he would lie and tell our local reporter he's done recruiting 2012 just to say it.

RonWolf
11-14-2011, 02:58 PM
I know one name for sure but I'm not sure I'm allowed to say who. It's a kid that hasn't been mentioned around here but has plenty of ties to UW.

Did anyone notice any recruits in attendance this weekend?

Timothy A
11-14-2011, 05:23 PM
He could be done "recruiting", but if some stud D calls him up and says I want to play for you, surely he could oblige the young lad.

Chuck Schwartz
11-14-2011, 05:41 PM
He could be done "recruiting", but if some stud D calls him up and says I want to play for you, surely he could oblige the young lad.

The problem is, those simply aren't out there at this point.

There is one player who fits that bill, and that's Seth Jones from the NTDP who (if he goes to college) would be the #1 recruit in the country. But i don't think anyone expects him to play college hockey. He's projected to go possibly #1 in the draft in 2013 and the general consensus is that he'll go to the WHL after this year.

Sure, if he wanted to come...Eaves would take him. Other then that I don't know. Wittchow is probably the #2 available defenseman and Eaves (at this point) hasn't made him a scholarship offer for next season, knowing full well the kid is a Badger fan.

Another available defenseman is probably Joey Fiala from Verona, another kid that would love to be a Badger but hasn't gotten a sniff from UW lately. FWIW if anyone is interested he's looking at a bunch of Ivy schools like Cornell right now after decommitting from Western Michigan.

Chuck Schwartz
11-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Interesting comment from Eaves in his weekly press conference. He was asked if he's received the 3 signed LOI's yet, but said he's only gotten two back. He grinned when he said "when you're dealing with billet families and Canadian mail, things get hectic."

So it sounds like Kerdiles and Schulze have theirs in, and they are waiting on Zulinick. Should be a press release this week hopefully.

Chuck Schwartz
11-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Zulinick signed.

solovsfett
11-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Zulinick signed.

sweet!

Timothy A
11-16-2011, 01:44 PM
when you're dealing with Canadian mail, things get hectic."

It took a week and a half for me to get a map in the mail from Dryden Ontario a month ago, I can believe it.

Chuck Schwartz
11-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Breakdown of the early signees if anyone is interested. -LINK (http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2011/11/17/2568392/eaves-signs-three-in-early-period)

JDUBBS1280
11-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Breakdown of the early signees if anyone is interested. -LINK (http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2011/11/17/2568392/eaves-signs-three-in-early-period)

The NCAA early signing period opened up in the middle of last week and the Wisconsin men's hockey team used it to to to add some depth and some talent to a team that is projected by many to be a Frozen Four caliber club in the near future.

Just curious. Who, outside the Wisconsin fan base, has projected them to be a "Frozen Four caliber team"?

Sources would be great :)

ExileOnDaytonStreet
11-17-2011, 12:27 PM
The NCAA early signing period opened up in the middle of last week and the Wisconsin men's hockey team used it to to to add some depth and some talent to a team that is projected by many to be a Frozen Four caliber club in the near future.

Just curious. Who, outside the Wisconsin fan base, has projected them to be a "Frozen Four caliber team"?

Sources would be great :)

There are many in the Wisconsin fan base. I think that's enough to qualify Chuck's statement.

JDUBBS1280
11-17-2011, 12:29 PM
There are many in the Wisconsin fan base. I think that's enough to qualify Chuck's statement.

You clearly didn't get my point.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
11-17-2011, 12:39 PM
And you can chill out.

Timothy A
11-17-2011, 01:35 PM

Chuck, once again great info. I am drooling over the fact that Zengerlee and Zulinik (now dubbed the "Killer Zee's") will be centering the first 2 lines. Zulinik sounds a lot like Zengerlee when he was coming out. Kerdiles seems to be a Barnes/C Smith kind of guy. Add in a smooth D Schulze to take Schultz's place and the table is set for contention. As long as Rumpel keeps progressing, UW will be loaded the next 2 years, I think the 2nd year with Zengerlee, Barnes & Mersch being Sr's, Rumpel & McCabe Jr's and Zulinic, Kerdiles and Schulze So's will be the yr to win it all. I am pumped for next year already.

Wisconsin Hockey: Beware of the Killer Zee's

JDUBBS1280
11-17-2011, 01:49 PM
And you can chill out.

Come on now. Chuck's statement screamed for attention.

Chuck Schwartz
11-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Chuck, once again great info. I am drooling over the fact that Zengerlee and Zulinik (now dubbed the "Killer Zee's") will be centering the first 2 lines. Zulinik sounds a lot like Zengerlee when he was coming out. Kerdiles seems to be a Barnes/C Smith kind of guy. Add in a smooth D Schulze to take Schultz's place and the table is set for contention. As long as Rumpel keeps progressing, UW will be loaded the next 2 years, I think the 2nd year with Zengerlee, Barnes & Mersch being Sr's, Rumpel & McCabe Jr's and Zulinic, Kerdiles and Schulze So's will be the yr to win it all. I am pumped for next year already.

Wisconsin Hockey: Beware of the Killer Zee's

One of the things I was thinking about over the past couple days in projecting Kerdiles and Zulinick into the current roster was how the center positon was going to take shape. Zulinick has played center his whole life and Kerdiles can do both but he's been playing in the middle and thriving this season with the U18's.

Remember that we not only bring back Zengerle at center, but Derek Lee, and Jefferson Dahl as well as a couple others like Jason Clark and Keegan Meuer who have played the position this season.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Eaves goes 1-2-3 down the middle of Zengerle, Lee, and Zulinick. For wingers on the top two lines you have some combination of Kerdiles, LaBate, Mersch, and Barnes. That's a really, really strong top 6.

Wild...way too early stab in the dark at some combos...

Kerdiles-Zengerle-Barnes
LaBate-Lee-Mersch
Clark-Zulinick-Paape
Woods-Dahl-R. Little
--------------------
Navin-Meuer-S. Little-Lapic

Now that's a fight to get in the lineup on any given night....Meuer and Navin have been every night regulars this season.

I could also see Eaves moving Lee to a wing, because we've become so left hand dominant.

Chuck Schwartz
11-17-2011, 03:48 PM
One of the kids that was in town last weekend was Grant Besse from Benilde-St. Margarets. I don't know if he has an offer but it sounds like the Badgers are in very good standing with him. He's a talented kid, and we've obviously got a great connection at BSM with Patrick Daly and the Russo family.

UWisco
11-17-2011, 06:52 PM
One of the kids that was in town last weekend was Grant Besse from Benilde-St. Margarets. I don't know if he has an offer but it sounds like the Badgers are in very good standing with him. He's a talented kid, and we've obviously got a great connection at BSM with Patrick Daly and the Russo family.

From what I have read he seems to have some top notch talent.

And to sign Zulinick, Kerdiles, and Schulze already is a great class for 2012. With only 3 kids coming in, we still have a A+ class.

Chuck Schwartz
11-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Probably not a fit for us but former Ohio State commit Michael Vilardo has un-retired from hockey and has joined the Chicago Steel.