This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Guy on the Buckyville board says UW brought in Michael Zajac (Eagan, MN) for an unofficial visit recently. Zajac is a senior and we're pretty full on forwards for 2012. Would be a solid get for 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Guy on the Buckyville board says UW brought in Michael Zajac (Eagan, MN) for an unofficial visit recently. Zajac is a senior and we're pretty full on forwards for 2012. Would be a solid get for 2013.
      He's a nice player. Would be a good get for Sconnie.

ELITE LEAGUE STATS
      Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 10-28-2011, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        He's a nice player. Would be a good get for Sconnie.
        Yeah, I think so too.

Good sized kid, 6'2, 190 pounds (edit: now listed at 6'1 3/4, 213). 56 points in 31 games last year, led Eagan to the state tournament.

If he's willing to play a year of junior and come in 2013, he would be a solid addition.

Edit: Looks like he's put on some weight from last year to this year. Hopefully that's good weight, and not Chuck weight.
        Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 10-28-2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I think so too.

Good sized kid, 6'2, 190 pounds (edit: now listed at 6'1 3/4, 213). 56 points in 31 games last year, led Eagan to the state tournament.

If he's willing to play a year of junior and come in 2013, he would be a solid addition.

Edit: Looks like he's put on some weight from last year to this year. Hopefully that's good weight, and not Chuck weight.
          Just read the comments from his dad. Just another reason why getting rid of John Hill was a great decision.
          Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 10-28-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            Just read the comments from his dad. Just another reason why getting rid of John Hill was a great decision.
            To be fair to Hill, I've heard he's super nice. And Guentzel rubbed me the wrong way the only time I met him. Probably depends on what day you catch these guys on.

Comment

To be fair to Hill, I've heard he's super nice. And Guentzel rubbed me the wrong way the only time I met him. Probably depends on what day you catch these guys on.
              You may be right. This isn't the first kid I've heard call Hill arugent though.

Comment

Wisconsin Hockey Recruit Stats from Bucky's 5th Quarter

*****http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5209/recruitstats.jpg******
                Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 10-31-2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Interview I did today with 2014 recruit Jake Linhart for Bucky's 5th Quarter.

Comment

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/team_inst...ubseason=43176
                    The link above to the Team Southeast page for the Upper Midwest High School Elite League. Michael Zajac finished 10th among his teammates in the eight team league. While scoring is not a barometer of future success, the Badgers are developing a rap in the Twin Cities that they are average recruiters. Like the previous posting relating to parallels with the Gophers recent woes, they are taking commitments too early. If a recruit is languishing in the EJHL (as mentioned above) it is highly unlikely they'll be a contributor in the WCHA/Big Ten. The EJHL is Tier III. The NAHL is Tier II and the USHL is Tier 1. Current players like Barmes and Ramage are why they need to focus on Tier 1 players.

Comment

Originally posted by nopuckluck View Post
                      The link above to the Team Southeast page for the Upper Midwest High School Elite League. Michael Zajac finished 10th among his teammates in the eight team league. While scoring is not a barometer of future success, the Badgers are developing a rap in the Twin Cities that they are average recruiters. Like the previous posting relating to parallels with the Gophers recent woes, they are taking commitments too early. If a recruit is languishing in the EJHL (as mentioned above) it is highly unlikely they'll be a contributor in the WCHA/Big Ten. The EJHL is Tier III. The NAHL is Tier II and the USHL is Tier 1. Current players like Barmes and Ramage are why they need to focus on Tier 1 players.
                      First of all, no one even knows if Zajac has an offer from Wisconsin.

Second of all, the Badgers are developing a rap in the TC that they are average recruiters? If Eaves and company are such terrible recruiters, it's amazing they've landed Morgan Zulinick, Nic Kerdiles, Kyle Turris, Ryan McDonagh, Jamie McBain, Derek Stepan, Blake Geoffrion, Brendan Smith, Cody Goloubef, Jake Gardiner, Joe Pavelski, Justin Schultz, John Ramage, Michael Mersch, Mark Zengerle, Tyler Barnes, Joseph LaBate, Jake McCabe etc, etc, etc, etc, etc....

If that's developing a bad rap, then I'd like to speak with the people doing the rapping.

As for a kid struggling in the EJHL...god forbid 1 recruit struggle ever, especially one coming off a season where he missed almost the entire year due to a concussion. Kid is 17 years old, maybe he's not Gretzky but it's a bit too early to say he'll never be a contributor in the WCHA/Big 10.

Comment

I think the gopher fans are feeling the same thing I'm feeling and are fearful the 7th banner will be hung up at the Kohl sooner than they'd like, as in 2013 or 2014.

meaning this UW team is on it's way with the talent they've got to be **** good by the end of this year, even better next year. add in Kerdiles and Zulinick, look out!
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          I think the gopher fans are feeling the same thing I'm feeling and are fearful the 7th banner will be hung up at the Kohl sooner than they'd like, as in 2013 or 2014.

meaning this UW team is on it's way with the talent they've got to be **** good by the end of this year, even better next year. add in Kerdiles and Zulinick, look out!
                          Yeah. But really, no. I don't worry about that.

Comment

First of all, no one even knows if Zajac has an offer from Wisconsin.

Second of all, the Badgers are developing a rap in the TC that they are average recruiters? If Eaves and company are such terrible recruiters, it's amazing they've landed Morgan Zulinick, Nic Kerdiles, Kyle Turris, Ryan McDonagh, Jamie McBain, Derek Stepan, Blake Geoffrion, Brendan Smith, Cody Goloubef, Jake Gardiner, Joe Pavelski, Justin Schultz, John Ramage, Michael Mersch, Mark Zengerle, Tyler Barnes, Joseph LaBate, Jake McCabe etc, etc, etc, etc, etc....

If that's developing a bad rap, then I'd like to speak with the people doing the rapping.

As for a kid struggling in the EJHL...god forbid 1 recruit struggle ever, especially one coming off a season where he missed almost the entire year due to a concussion. Kid is 17 years old, maybe he's not Gretzky but it's a bit too early to say he'll never be a contributor in the WCHA/Big 10.
                            Completely agree. And to add to that, not every player is recruited to be a top line forward or a first pair defenseman.

Comment

average recruiters: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=598307
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Sounds like Kevin Schulze has been traded from Muskegon to Omaha of the USHL.

Edit: Deal confirmed.
                                Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 11-01-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X