X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

Gabe Grunwald has finally surfaced...

"I will be playing on a team very soon and have been offered to sign with some teams in the OJHL, some teams in the CJHL and some teams in the NAHL. I will make the decision this weekend as to which team would be a best fit for me."

Comment

2013 goalie recruit Gabe Grunwald will be playing for the Michigan Warriors in the NAHL.

Apparently the head coach there Moe Mantha is buddies with Eaves and played in the NHL.

I'm just happy Grunwald has found a home, I was concerned when he wasn't on a roster but showed up in an OHL camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        2013 goalie recruit Gabe Grunwald will be playing for the Michigan Warriors in the NAHL.

Apparently the head coach there Moe Mantha is buddies with Eaves and played in the NHL.

I'm just happy Grunwald has found a home, I was concerned when he wasn't on a roster but showed up in an OHL camp.
        Did he actually go to an OHL camp? If he did what, if any, impact does that have on his NCAA eligibility? I hope that he didn't play in any exhibitions?

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
          Did he actually go to an OHL camp? If he did what, if any, impact does that have on his NCAA eligibility? I hope that he didn't play in any exhibitions?
          Him going to an OHL camp has no ramifications as long as he paid his own way there. He did not play in any exhibitions so his NCAA eligibility is 100% intact.

Comment

What's happened to Corbin McGuire? Is he going to end up being Wisconsin's equivalent of BC's Tifenwerth? He's stagnating in the EJHL - not exactly the USHL if you knwo what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
              What's happened to Corbin McGuire? Is he going to end up being Wisconsin's equivalent of BC's Tifenwerth? He's stagnating in the EJHL - not exactly the USHL if you knwo what I mean.
              Hard to say, I really, really liked him at select 15's but that was a few years ago. He's been pretty average in the EJHL this year. The Badgers don't graduate a forward and bring in Kerdiles and Zulinick...I'd bet my house that McGuire spends another year in junior hockey.

Comment

Gabe Grunwald is officially on the Michigan Warriors roster in the NAHL now. Talked to someone more in the know than me and got this report. "Talked to an OHL scout and he said that Grunwald is "very very raw". Looks like the NCAA route is a good idea for him."

He went on to say that it wasn't a negative thing, but thinks that Grunwald in two years when he comes to Wisconsin should be very solid.

Also remember that Grunwald will be a freshman when Rumpel and Peterson are juniors.
                Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 10-19-2011, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  Gabe Grunwald is officially on the Michigan Warriors roster in the NAHL now. Talked to someone more in the know than me and got this report. "Talked to an OHL scout and he said that Grunwald is "very very raw". Looks like the NCAA route is a good idea for him."

He went on to say that it wasn't a negative thing, but thinks that Grunwald in two years when he comes to Wisconsin should be very solid.

Also remember that Grunwald will be a freshman when Rumpel and Peterson are juniors.
                  Good to see the goalie classes get back on track.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

What you guys are going through reminds me a lot of what the Gophers went through at the beginning of their down-turn.

Comment

Can we trade you Guentzel for Butters?
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Never! But I hear Hill is available

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Why?

Comment

Youngstown (USHL) forward Ryan Belonger from Green Bay has committed to Northeastern. He had visited UW in the past.

Comment

New recruit Jake Linhart is playing in Madison this weekend. His Chicago Mission team takes on Team Wisconsin U16's at 1:00 PM Saturday afternoon at the Eagles Nest in Verona. They will take each other on again Sunday morning at 10:45 at the Oregon rink.

Some other kids to watch in those games are Nick Schmaltz (brother of Jordan) who is committed to North Dakota, he plays for the Chicago Mission team with Linhart. Anders Bjork is from Mequon and plays for the Mission as well.

For the Team Wisconsin guys look at Luke Davison (Badger commit Tim's little brother), Cooper Watson (Ohio State recruit Cliff's brother), Keegan Ford, Matt Berkovitz, Jason Reynolds and Brett Gruber.
                              Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 10-20-2011, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Looks like Corbin McGuire has been traded from Springfield (EJHL) to Jersey (EJHL).

Comment

Working...
                                X