X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting: Filling the foundation with 5 stars

JDUBBS - thanks for the info...

one thing is 100% certain. Minnesota has obviously turned the corner and then some on recruiting and could be in an FF as early as 2013 and most definitely by 2014 if 1/2 these kids don't bolt...yikes
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      *sigh*
      To be fair, you did turn me saying that I personally would be all in on Fasching and Cammarata into, "They say they're going after Cammarata and Fasching full bore."

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

one thing is 100% certain. Minnesota has obviously turned the corner and then some on recruiting and could be in an FF as early as 2013 and most definitely by 2014 if 1/2 these kids don't bolt...yikes
        I hope so. What I like is that they finally seem to be bringing in a healthy mix of blue chip prospects (Michaelson, Geurtler, etc) and 3-4 year guys (Rau, Kloos, Lettieri, Nanne).

Still a few areas where we don't even come close to matching up to you guys yet. Defense and goaltending. I guess it's a wait and see how some of the young guys develop and whom they bring in, but it's been a long time since we've had a Martin, Ballard, or Goligoski.

Comment

Chuck has a ton of new info on the Badger Hockey blog

love the recruiting update!
          http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2011...ruiting-update

I can't wait to see Kerdiles and Zulinick in Madison. Corbin Mcguire I am still hoping can turn it on and come in as a potential 20-30 point scorer out of the box but we'll see...

do we have the next Pavelski and Earl in Kerdiles and Zulinick??? time will tell

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            Chuck has a ton of new info on the Badger Hockey blog

love the recruiting update!
            http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2011...ruiting-update

I can't wait to see Kerdiles and Zulinick in Madison. Corbin Mcguire I am still hoping can turn it on and come in as a potential 20-30 point scorer out of the box but we'll see...

do we have the next Pavelski and Earl in Kerdiles and Zulinick??? time will tell
            Kerdiles is going to be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
              Kerdiles is going to be a good one.
              we're all hoping so for sure. I'm trying not to get too excited but reading the press clippings sounds like he's a legit blue-chip...and @ forward it's been a while since UW brought someone that talented in... I don't think Earl and Pavelski were that highly regarded (1st round pick material)...possibly Turris but I don't remember they hype on him as much

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                we're all hoping so for sure. I'm trying not to get too excited but reading the press clippings sounds like he's a legit blue-chip...and @ forward it's been a while since UW brought someone that talented in... I don't think Earl and Pavelski were that highly regarded (1st round pick material)...possibly Turris but I don't remember they hype on him as much
                Well, Earl and Pavelski were two different recruiting classes but this combination certainly has the potential to rival them in production at the NCAA level. Kerdiles and Zulinick are the real deal.

Comment

Bite your tongue!

They still suck, they still suck, they still suck!
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Since when has Minnesota recruiting been a problem much less a solution at this point? If recruiting accolades won hockey games....few would compete with them. Further....sorry I just don't see a significant change in their recruiting anyways. Their D commits are hardly anything to get overly excited over and their pattern of assembling a collection of highly regarded forwards has generally failed to achieve great results since they had Ballard, Leopold, & Paul Martin on D. But yes...their highly regarded forwards (at least while they stick around) should put some pucks in the net...maybe even more often then their opponents are scoring on the other end of the ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                      Since when has Minnesota recruiting been a problem much less a solution at this point? If recruiting accolades won hockey games....few would compete with them. Further....sorry I just don't see a significant change in their recruiting anyways. Their D commits are hardly anything to get overly excited over and their pattern of assembling a collection of highly regarded forwards has generally failed to achieve great results since they had Ballard, Leopold, & Paul Martin on D. But yes...their highly regarded forwards (at least while they stick around) should put some pucks in the net...maybe even more often then their opponents are scoring on the other end of the ice.
                      That's because we've had John Hill recruiting and developing our defenders the last 4 years. I fully expect to see improvement in this area under Guentzel. We shall see.

And as you mentioned, recruiting accolades don't always result in on-ice performance. You need the right mix of blue chip prospects and 3-4 year guys. What has really hurt the Gophers recently, in addition to the poor recruiting and development on the defensive side, has been the rash of 1-year departures.

Every team loses players early, but losing guys after only a year is especially tough. Not only do you lose their top-end talent, but it forces you to accelerate the timetable on guys who might not be ready (Aaron Ness).
                      Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 10-05-2011, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Bite your tongue!

They still suck, they still suck, they still suck!
                        I don't like it believe me but they've gotten some nice commits recently and I (unfortunately) feel that booting hill and adding guentzel has given them some serious momentum in the recruiting game...

I'm hoping the sophs can pull UW into a top 5 finish...I'm getting a bit apprehensive to be honest

Comment

I don't like it believe me but they've gotten some nice commits recently and I (unfortunately) feel that booting hill and adding guentzel has given them some serious momentum in the recruiting game...
                          No need to encourage positivity in the fan base of our western neighbor, even if it MIGHT be true what you are saying. They are all so cute when they are on the ledge, contemplating what to do.....
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            No need to encourage positivity in the fan base of our western neighbor, even if it MIGHT be true what you are saying. They are all so cute when they are on the ledge, contemplating what to do.....

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I'm saving my anger, my hatred and rage for the two threads that will matter most Rats @ Wisconsin, Wisconsin @ Rats!

Comment

Last I checked, one of your recruits (Kerdiles) is ripping it up for the NTDP and you have two outstanding freshmen goaltenders, so I wouldn't get too down.

Comment

Working...
                                X