• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska-Omaha Athletic department featured on ESPN

http://search.espn.go.com/nebraska-omaha/

OTL: Wrestling With The Truth

DISCUSS AWAY

Re: Nebraska-Omaha Athletic department featured on ESPN

That's pretty messed up. I don't know if the allegations are true, but it doesn't look good that the AD played football for Nebraska-Lincoln.
    #NewMass

Comment

******* width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all">****** name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" />****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>****** name="wmode" value="opaque"/>****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>****** name="allowNetworking" value="all"/>****** name="flashVars" value="id=6506991"/>

Yeah... the whole thing is pretty shady right from the get go. Why so sudden? Why so reactionary and drastic? And why not at least let these people know ahead of time?

Very sketchy. Very sketchy.

Edit: Also sketchy? The OTL claim that the student fees and tuition should somehow count in the program revenue. That's university money, not Athletic Department money. Definitely shows a little bit of an agenda on ESPN's part to make the story sting a little more.
      Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 05-09-2011, 11:12 PM.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet

Edit: Also sketchy? The OTL claim that the student fees and tuition should somehow count in the program revenue. That's university money, not Athletic Department money. Definitely shows a little bit of an agenda on ESPN's part to make the story sting a little more.
        If a kid is there on a half scholarship or not even on one, that's still money coming into the universities coffers. With most athletes, they're going to go to schools where they can play at, and if you take the team away from them, they're going to transfer out of that school.

I still say the orders to drop Football came from Lincoln. No way does the Huskers want a local area school adding 27 more scholarships to go after the kids that they normally just ofer to them to walk on to the team.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Here is what I've heard locally. The decision to go D1 was leaked to the press and was going to be in the sunday morning paper for all to see. This is why Trev had to make the call the night the wrestlers won the championship. It is also said that there was a window of opportunity for D2 schools to go D1 and there would not be another opportunity for a long time. I really do wish this wouldn't have happened to the football players and wrestlers. I really feel for them. Sadly there was some vandalism on campus in or around the athletic facilities. Some of these kids will be able to demonstrate their ability to be men some won't. This is how life is. Every one of those guys had a chance to get a college education and still do. I never did.
          UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
            Here is what I've heard locally. The decision to go D1 was leaked to the press and was going to be in the sunday morning paper for all to see. This is why Trev had to make the call the night the wrestlers won the championship. It is also said that there was a window of opportunity for D2 schools to go D1 and there would not be another opportunity for a long time. I really do wish this wouldn't have happened to the football players and wrestlers. I really feel for them. Sadly there was some vandalism on campus in or around the athletic facilities. Some of these kids will be able to demonstrate their ability to be men some won't. This is how life is. Every one of those guys had a chance to get a college education and still do. I never did.
            Yeah, but they still allow the football and wrestling coaches to operate in the dark without knowing that its at least a possiability that they're going to get dropped like a bad habit? Dishonorable by any standard if you ask me. And hell, the window for D2's to move up to D1 just opened back up, without no sign of it closing in the future. The NCAA has just made that hurdle a little steeper now so that schools like New Jersey Tech don't jump up just so they can be a D1 school in name only, taking bodybag games just to pay for their program.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
            X