PDA

View Full Version : Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

Pages : [1] 2 3

davyd83
05-02-2011, 02:38 PM
The league announced that interim commisioner Fred Pletsch has been given the full reins. This is probably the best hire for the league at this time. I just hope that those schools that are bailing out did not get to vote!

aparch
05-02-2011, 02:49 PM
I'd like to know the length of his contract. Will he still be the commissioner when the B1G teams leave?

Hopefully this season we can start to gear up for a CCHA without the B1G schools; and have Fred show his commitment to the remaining schools.

davyd83
05-02-2011, 03:03 PM
I'd like to know the length of his contract. Will he still be the commissioner when the B1G teams leave?

Hopefully this season we can start to gear up for a CCHA without the B1G schools; and have Fred show his commitment to the remaining schools.

I would hope that he got at least a five year contract. One thing the CCHA needs right now is some stability.

bronconick
05-02-2011, 03:47 PM
I'll just say I'm not exactly enthused about Anastos' right hand man being given the reigns.

And why the hell are the league meetings for a Michigan/Indiana/Ohio centered conference that isn't making money hand over fist in Naples, Florida?

CornwallAce
05-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Congrats to former Cornwall Aces radio announcer Fred Pletsch!

On behalf of all the Cornwall Aces fans in hiding, I give a warm "Go Aces Go!" to Fred!!!

aparch
05-02-2011, 07:37 PM
I'll just say I'm not exactly enthused about Anastos' right hand man being given the reigns.

And why the hell are the league meetings for a Michigan/Indiana/Ohio centered conference that isn't making money hand over fist in Naples, Florida?All leagues/conferences/divisions/NCAA/ACHA are held once a year in Naples.

redwings8831
05-02-2011, 09:07 PM

I'm trying to remember where I found it, but I saw earlier today that its a 2 year deal.

Here: http://www.uscho.com/2011/05/02/pletsch-gets-ccha-commissioner-job/

davyd83
05-03-2011, 01:02 AM
I'll just say I'm not exactly enthused about Anastos' right hand man being given the reigns. And why the hell are the league meetings for a Michigan/Indiana/Ohio centered conference that isn't making money hand over fist in Naples, Florida?

So who would your top candidates have been?

mwellens
05-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Talked with Fred yesterday, he confirmed it was a two-year deal.

http://www.miningjournal.net/page/content.detail/id/561784/Two-year-deal-makes-sense-for-CCHA--new-commissioner-Fred-Pletsch.html?nav=5075

yooper(UP) hockey
05-03-2011, 07:23 AM
So who would your top candidates have been?

Bill Wilkinson

davyd83
05-03-2011, 08:16 AM

http://www.miningjournal.net/page/content.detail/id/561784/Two-year-deal-makes-sense-for-CCHA--new-commissioner-Fred-Pletsch.html?nav=5075

The fact that it is only a two year deal doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the future of the league.

yooper(UP) hockey
05-03-2011, 08:23 AM
The fact that it is only a two year deal doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the future of the league.

Give the WCHA a call........

aparch
05-03-2011, 08:25 AM
The fact that it is only a two year deal doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the future of the league.No. It doesn't, and that worries me.

Give the WCHA a call........WCHA already did call. Our AD politely declined.

yooper(UP) hockey
05-03-2011, 08:52 AM

Fred will either............

bronconick
05-03-2011, 09:12 AM

*snort*

Just tell the teams it's everyone for themselves and we can skip the league meetings for the next two years. All we're missing is information that the lease on the league's offices ends in 2013.

yooper(UP) hockey
05-03-2011, 09:30 AM
*snort*

Just tell the teams it's everyone for themselves and we can skip the league meetings for the next two years. All we're missing is information that the lease on the league's offices ends in 2013.

He still has a job to do.

yooper(UP) hockey
05-03-2011, 11:37 AM

He will have to either try to keep the teams he has or recruit new teams ie UAH, Mercyhurst, Robert Morris, and Niagara; or combine with WCHA.

davyd83
05-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Don't ever think Huntsville will ever be added to the CCHA. It's a two day trip or a flight for almost every except Miami.

davyd83
05-03-2011, 01:39 PM
No. It doesn't, and that worries me.

WCHA already did call. Our AD politely declined.

The dollars and cents did not add up for a move to the WCHA. Even now, it would be even more costly. There would be an annual flight to Colorado and a bus trip to either Grand Forks or Omaha, plus the every other year flight to Anchorage. Now I know that Anchorage subsidizes the flight there, but the other factors don't match in this world of declining federal and state revenues and decreased attendance. There would also have been a couple seasons where NMU would have gotten little if any WCHA tournament revenue. And those revenues are likely to decrease with the loss of Minnesota and Wisconsin.

yooper(UP) hockey
05-03-2011, 09:06 PM
There would also have been a couple seasons where NMU would have gotten little if any WCHA tournament revenue. And those revenues are likely to decrease with the loss of Minnesota and Wisconsin.

If this is the case college hockey is going to be suffering for long time from the lack of making money and programs will fold.