• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech Coach Search, Part II: Only We Would Need a Second Thread

Continue the insanity

Re: Michigan Tech Coach Search, Part II: Only We Would Need a Second Thread

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Continue the insanity
    I prefer that the insanity end and we hire a coach already but I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I prefer that the insanity end and we hire a coach already but I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon.
      I think the further it goes, the more likely it is that they hire someone remaining in the USHL playoffs.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        I think the further it goes, the more likely it is that they hire someone remaining in the USHL playoffs.
        It seems to me that their top candidates now are USHL coaches...the 4 remaining USHL coaches are probably the best candidates in that league...
        Mark Carlson - Ceder Rapids (Played at UML, Assistant at UML & Northeastern)
        Kevin Hartzell - Sioux Falls (Played at Minneosta)
        Jim Montgomery - Dubuque (Played at Maine, Assistant at Notre Dame and RPI)
        Erid Rud - Green Bay (Played at CC, Assistant at CC and SCSU)
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Did Mel ever speak to the issue of his candidacy, or just Red?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbayguy View Post
            Did Mel ever speak to the issue of his candidacy, or just Red?
            Just Red, and I've seen that in several forms of print. Mel got spanked and sent to his room.

Comment

small news.

Dean Blais did indeed visit campus. guess we already knew that.

Pearson apparently thinks it would take 3-5 years to get the program to .500 hockey.

Suzanne was at the convention. as was Damon Whitten.

more interviews coming.

the "list", first put up by Shirtless, is accurate. some puzzlement in the admin as to how this was known.

nothing else.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Jim Montgomery - Dubuque (Played at Maine, Assistant at Notre Dame and RPI)
                Eric Rud - Green Bay (Played at CC, Assistant at CC and SCSU)
                Either would be fine. Rud first though, due to the WCHA experience and likelihood that he would actually want the job.

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                Pearson apparently thinks it would take 3-5 years to get the program to .500 hockey.
                3-4 years with the right staff. There's a decent group of forwards to work with right away, but it will take that long to build our depth at D and to get everyone onboard with the new coach's game plan.

That's the reality folks. What happened at Western this past season is an anomaly.
                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 05-02-2011, 07:04 PM.

Comment

small news. Dean Blais did indeed visit campus. guess we already knew that. Pearson apparently thinks it would take 3-5 years to get the program to .500 hockey. Suzanne was at the convention. as was Damon Whitten.
                  more interviews coming. the "list", first put up by Shirtless, is accurate. some puzzlement in the admin as to how this was known. nothing else.
                  Did Pearson actually talk or was Red saying that for him?

Comment

the "list", first put up by Shirtless, is accurate. some puzzlement in the admin as to how this was known. .
                    Doesn't she know her alumni well? The answer is obvious; an abundance of free time and boredom.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

the "list", first put up by Shirtless, is accurate. some puzzlement in the admin as to how this was known.
                      that's awesome! someone on the search committee grabbed SG's list off the interwebs, took it to a meeting, and said, "You know, I've been putting a lot of thought into who we should pursue..."
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Either would be fine. Rud first though, due to the WCHA experience and likelihood that he would actually want the job. 3-4 years with the right staff. There's a decent group of forwards to work with right away, but it will take that long to build our depth at D and to get everyone onboard with the new coach's game plan.

That's the reality folks. What happened at Western this past season is an anomaly.
                        It was also the CCHA which was not that strong. I don't see anything unreasonable with 3-5 yrs

Comment

It's not that hard to come up with an accurate list of potential candidates when you care enough to do a little research, talk to sports writers around the midwest and take some time...

Comment

Wow, I haven't seen sandbagging like that since the last time the river rose in Grand Forks. So in other words, in his first five year contract, don't expect a winner. You'll have to resign me again before you get a winning team... No wonder Red won't hand the team over to him.

Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              Wow, I haven't seen sandbagging like that since the last time the river rose in Grand Forks. So in other words, in his first five year contract, don't expect a winner. You'll have to resign me again before you get a winning team... No wonder Red won't hand the team over to him.

Ryan J
                              excellent point. He's betraying a stunning lack of self confidence. .500 shouldn't be that lofty of a goal. seriously.
                              Russell did it in what, two years? This team isn't worse off than when he took over.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X