2012 Frozen Four Ticket Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Frozen Four Ticket Question

Does anyone know if you need a ticket for a child under the age of 1 for the Frozen Four? Or if there's a contact to find out the answer. I know most arena's seem to usually be under 2 don't need a seat, but wasn't sure if this was the case.

Thanks!

Re: 2012 Frozen Four Ticket Question

I do not think you do but why would you expose a child to that level of noise and the remote possibility of being hit by a stray puck......the noise alone should say no babies allowed

Comment

I'm doubting there will be much noise in Tampa :/

Comment

I'm fairly sure that all NCAA tournament events require a ticket for everyone who enters. At the Final Four this year they had recordings blaring all over the plaza outside the stadium saying that all people entering regardless of age needed a ticket. Can't imagine the tickets for this one will be all that expensive on the secondary market.
        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
          I do not think you do but why would you expose a child to that level of noise and the remote possibility of being hit by a stray puck......the noise alone should say no babies allowed
          As long as you're behind a net or in the upper sections I think it's fine. Unless you have to deal with a nasty loud foghorn or something games aren't all that loud either. I'll never forget strapping my kid to me and bring him to see Gerbe score a spin-o-rama penalty shot against PC in the playoffs at 2.5 months old. And kids love the band even at a very young age. It's good stimulation IMO as long as it isn't too loud.

To answer the original question, I highly doubt they would require a ticket for an infant since they won't require a seat. Put the kid in a baby ergo and walk right in IMO. I doubt you'd get much trouble from anyone at the gates and if you did, I'd just go to another gate and try my luck there (much like I have had to do at BC football games and dealing with the twits that wouldn't let us in with a stroller despite there being no restriction on the ticket).
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

We brought our 4 month old to this year's Frozen Four without tickets. As for the noise issue, we knew when he was born that we were going to take him to the Amsoil Arena opener when he was eight days old so we asked the doctor about the noise and he told us that the level of noise at sporting events doesn't come close damaging a baby's ears. He said the only problem would be if the baby didn't like the noise, and he ended up sleeping through almost every game we went to, even after goals were scored.
            SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
            UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
            Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
            Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
            UMD Football: 2008, 2010
            UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
              We brought our 4 month old to this year's Frozen Four without tickets. As for the noise issue, we knew when he was born that we were going to take him to the Amsoil Arena opener when he was eight days old so we asked the doctor about the noise and he told us that the level of noise at sporting events doesn't come close damaging a baby's ears. He said the only problem would be if the baby didn't like the noise, and he ended up sleeping through almost every game we went to, even after goals were scored.
              Congrats on the addition to the family, BTW. That's good stuff. My team won the national title in 2008 when my kid was a few month's old too. Get some pics taken with that trophy and the baby.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                Thanks for the info!

Comment

Quote from FAQ section of St Pete Times Forum (2012 FF venue) website:

Q: Do I need to buy a ticket for my daughter / son who is two (2) years old?
                  A: Yes. It is a St. Pete Times Forum policy that children UNDER two (2) years old are admitted free of charge for all events as long as they sit on a lap. (Age limit subject to change based on show promoter request, please call the McDonald's Box Office at the St. Pete Times Forum for more information).

NCAA rules may be different, though.
                  Soon to be lurking for two decades !

Comment

Working...
                  X