Princeton 2011 offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princeton 2011 offseason

Tigers may be the youngest team in D1 next year with 18 Sophs and Frosh. But this years freshmen (10 of them ) all played regularly and well . The incoming freshmen are very strong and Gadowsky is a great coach. In a few years they should be great but I expect them to be very competitive despite their youth next year.

Re: Princeton 2011 offseason

Agree. Losing Fedun will be a blow but the youngsters were impressive. Not much from the upper classmen next year, but I expect them to be in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by rightwing View Post
      Gadowsky is a great coach.
      Agreed. Penn State should benefit from that.
      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
        Agreed. Penn State should benefit from that.
        That's COLD!
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

What a loss! The kids will be devastated. He will be very diificult to replace.

Comment

Who may be the replacement? This hurts the program.

Comment

After losing our Coach of the Year this week, I truly feel your pain. You have to believe however, that this job will attract a lot of highly qualified candidates. It is no doubt a blow to the players, but with the right person at the helm the foundation that has been laid will remain intact.

Comment

Thanks Wholin- you put it into perspective. I really don't blame Gadowsky as he gets to start a program from scratch with a huge budget. He will be able to recruit blue chippers with lower academic standards. He and Leaman are losses to the ECAC.

Comment

Originally posted by tiger View Post
                  Thanks Wholin- you put it into perspective. I really don't blame Gadowsky as he gets to start a program from scratch with a huge budget. He will be able to recruit blue chippers with lower academic standards. He and Leaman are losses to the ECAC.
                  We are getting a great coach and, from what I've learned, an even better individual. Coach Gadowsky's emphasis on academics might have been what put him above Sandelin and Johnson (both also excellent candidates). For what it's worth, I'm not sure that the academic standards at Penn State are that much lower than at Princeton. Certainly, a lot of potential candidates for the club program were not academically eligible to get in here.

Press conference at 3pm Monday will be on the Big Ten Network.
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Penn st. is getting a high quality individual. He will do well. But to suggest Penn State has similar academic standards to Princeton is simply not true. Princeton is constantly rated the top university in the nation by U S News and the hockey team has an Academic Index that is so high that Gadowsky had a small pool to recruit from. He won't have those restrictions at PSU , and will be able to get the athlete that he couldn't get at Princeton.

Comment

I hear early candidates to replace Gadowsky are- Asst Keith Fisher and Bob Gaudette of Dartmouth

Comment

Originally posted by tiger View Post
                        I hear early candidates to replace Gadowsky are- Asst Keith Fisher and Bob Gaudette of Dartmouth
                        It's Bob Gaudet, and that's about a ZERO percent chance of happening. He's a Dartmouth alum, and is going nowhere.

Comment

Any word on whether any of the recruits are backing out with the Coach leaving?

Comment

I seem to recall that Nick Dodge, at the time of the last coaching change, switched from Princeton to Clarkson.
                            Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by rightwing View Post
                              Penn st. is getting a high quality individual. He will do well. But to suggest Penn State has similar academic standards to Princeton is simply not true. Princeton is constantly rated the top university in the nation by U S News and the hockey team has an Academic Index that is so high that Gadowsky had a small pool to recruit from. He won't have those restrictions at PSU , and will be able to get the athlete that he couldn't get at Princeton.
                              Agreed. Penn State is a fine school but nowhere near the caliber of Princeton. Foolish to put the two in the same sentence academically.

I wonder how many other coaches view the ECAC as a stepping stone to jobs in other conferences. I can't see Schafer or Gaudet looking elsewhere as they are alums of their respective programs. From a Harvard perspective, we're more worried about Amaker and Murphy seeking other jobs given their success in the basketball and football programs. Especially Amaker.

Comment

Working...
                              X