>>>RIT Offseason Thread 2011<<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>>RIT Offseason Thread 2011<<<

More than enough time has passed to start this thread.
    RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Re: >>>RIT Offseason Thread 2011<<<

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
    More than enough time has passed to start this thread.
    Why..I'm still getting a laugh out of reading some of the posts from the RIT faithful in the last one.
    Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 04-21-2011, 04:14 PM. Reason: spell chick

Comment

All right, so what happened in that championship game? I was there and I still can't process what occurred.

All I know is I ended up with flashbacks to 2001.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        All right, so what happened in that championship game? I was there and I still can't process what occurred.

All I know is I ended up with flashbacks to 2001.

Powers &8^]
        I am sure I was not alone in expecting RIT to thrash Norwich in the final. The problem appears to have been underestimating the quality of Coach Bolding's preparation. It seemed Norwich was able to anticipate and counter everything and anything the Tigers attempted. I remember being told by an ECAC-West coach earlier in the season that Coach Bolding was the best coach in women's DIII because his team was coached to be able to play any style well. I am a believer!
        Hope everyone has a great off season!
        GO U BEARS (I cannot believe this statement, but fear the Camel!)!!!

Comment

As is the case in most team sports, anytime the underdog can disturb the rhythm of the favorite, doubt starts to creep into the favorite's cranial spaces. RIT was no more vulnerable in that game than they were against Midd in the semis, or against Platty in ECAC-W playoffs. However, throughout the year whenever an opponent got a scoring chance, Chamberlain's brilliant tending would save the day. This is no different than when Elek backstopped Amherst or Doyle at Platty. In this game, Rundlett scores two quick ones on Chamberlain in the first three minutes, and all of a sudden RIT is in really unfamiliar territory.

I'm not disagreeing with Obserbear, I think Bolding's coaching was key. But once Chamberlain was beaten on those first two shots, the entire rhythm changed for the rest of the game.

Comment

Working...
          X