Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mel Pearson-Michigan Tech's new Coach

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
    Is today the announcement of Mel Pearson to coach mtu.
    Mel spotted in Pilgrim River Steak House last night with Suzanne & husband John.
    I am getting worried we have not heard announcement of Press Conference yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Houghton77 View Post
      Mel spotted in Pilgrim River Steak House last night with Suzanne & husband John.
      There is talk on mgoblog that Pearson has declined the offer from Tech.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/rumor-me...-michigan-tech
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post

That's just one guy trying to start something.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
          That's just one guy trying to start something.
          You would hope so!
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
            I'm sorry, but I find this entire little diatribe completely hilarious.
            At least our ice arena is named after a HOCKEY coach. And when did the Michigan Marching Band stop marching? I saw them walking sideways and backwards last year like a high school band. Revelli and Cavender must be spinning in their graves. At least the Univ of Wisconsin still marches with a "stop at the top"...
            "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
            Abe Lincoln

Comment

So would Mel fly up just to give Suzanne that type of news?

Comment

Yes or No, it is time to move foward and put the puzzle pieces together and play hockey.

Comment

Mel was at Tech Thursday - Saturday. maybe he drove back up on Sunday?

announcement today.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

It's not even noon yet. No one does a press conference until at least 3.

And I saw them Friday night at PR (I don't know who they were with, but it might have been Mel). If it was Mel, maybe he just came back up because the food was good.

Comment

I'm sitting in the lobby of the SDC right now and it seems pretty quiet. But I'm here for the long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by technohusky View Post
                        I'm sitting in the lobby of the SDC right now and it seems pretty quiet. But I'm here for the long haul.
                        Are the paparazzi there too?

Comment

Was the '03 coach search this speculative? If this goes on for another week or two, my head might explode.

Comment

Are the paparazzi there too?
                            I haven't seen Dick Storm anywhere, so no. At least not right now.

Comment

Take it for what it's worth, but Bob Miller at The Wolverine, who I know is very well connected, says he's hearing Mel to Tech is a done deal.
                              Michigan Hockey Net
                              Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Was the '03 coach search this speculative? If this goes on for another week or two, my head might explode.
                                It wasn't so much on the internets. This instant information age is weird. But there are a lot of yoopers who are still upset about Mel being turned away, I was just recalling a conversation I had this February after the Carnival loss where my friend was saying, "just think... we could have hired Mel Pearson". If this works out I expect a surge in season ticket sales.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X