Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mel Pearson-Michigan Tech's new Coach

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
    If he is not recruiting hockey players at Walmart.

He either is hugging potential fans or shopping for his wife for the new house in Copper Harbor.
    I'm glad Mel has brought hugging back to Husky hockey. Something's been missing since the reign of John Mac. Copper Harbor is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by technohusky View Post
      I'm glad Mel has brought hugging back to Husky hockey. Copper Harbor is nice.
      I heard Copper Harbor has awesome shopping. Mel will like downtown Copper Harbor for shopping better than Ann Arbor. Real gifts to be bought.

Comment

I heard Copper Harbor has awesome shopping. Mel will like downtown Copper Harbor for shopping better than Ann Arbor. Real gifts to be bought.
        I could re-gift that Ragamuffins gift cert I won in a Misfits raffle three years ago. His wife could go clothes shopping there every morning.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          I seriously doubt that Red was "thrilled" Mel took the job. Because #1 Red now had to find another coach and #2 more than likely he will have to start coaching again rather than just being an admin and having a 20+ year associate head available to do the work.

Ryan J
          Ryan, being that I am a tad bit closer to the Michigan program than you are, I can assure you that Red is happy for Mel and encouraged him to look at head coaching opportunities-albeit with the pain of losing a trusted and highly valued assistant. Your two points are tired, stereotypical retorts that are hardly reflective of the actual functions at Michigan. #1. Red will have plenty of adequate candidates that will interview and one will assume Mel's duties- how well is to be determined. #2. You're bitter spite is duly noted, but I guarantee you that Berenson does plenty of coaching and "other work." I see no matter how bad the program level has gotten, your fan ignorance is still top shelf. Must be the mighty W influence.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            His wife could go clothes shopping there every morning.
            Just think what Herb Brooks wife could have bought if she moved to Hoton?

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
              Ryan, being that I am a tad bit closer to the Michigan program than you are, I can assure you that Red is happy for Mel and encouraged him to look at head coaching opportunities-albeit with the pain of losing a trusted and highly valued assistant. Your two points are tired, stereotypical retorts that are hardly reflective of the actual functions at Michigan. #1. Red will have plenty of adequate candidates that will interview and one will assume Mel's duties- how well is to be determined. #2. You're bitter spite is duly noted, but I guarantee you that Berenson does plenty of coaching and "other work." I see no matter how bad the program level has gotten, your fan ignorance is still top shelf. Must be the mighty W influence.
              UM wil hire a UM alum to take over when Red leaves.

Comment

Dirty will you please go back to your own thread. This is getting tiresome.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Dirty will you please go back to your own thread. This is getting tiresome.
                  Even Dirty is too smart to be this guy

Comment

Once upon a time I had a plastic backscratcher shaped like a hand that I bought in Copper Harbor. Very useful item. It looked like this:

*****http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21QuIsROrhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg******
                    Last edited by technohusky; 05-12-2011, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Once upon a time I had a plastic backscratcher shaped like a hand that I bought in Copper Harbor. Very useful item. It looked like this:

*****http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21QuIsROrhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg******
                      You might want to use it on Mel. He might buy one for his home since he enjoys shopping.

How far is it from Copper Harbor to Hoton? That would be nice winter comute for coach. Also, his wife would enjoy the birds and the trees in the Harbor. Get away from the insane fans in town.

Comment

You might want to use it on Mel. He might buy one for his home since he enjoys shopping.

How far is it from Copper Harbor to Hoton? That would be nice winter comute for coach. Also, his wife would enjoy the birds and the trees in the Harbor. Get away from the insane fans in town.
                        Copper Harbor is beautiful in the winter......................great area for snowshoeing, etc. Mrs. Mel would like seeing the migrating birds every spring I'm sure. She and Mel could sit on Brockway mountain watching the birds and scratching each others backs with the plastic backscratcher.

About 45 minutes I think.

Comment

Copper Harbor is beautiful in the winter......................great area for snowshoeing, etc. Mrs. Mel would like seeing the migrating birds every spring I'm sure. She and Mel could sit on Brockway mountain watching the birds and scratching each others backs with the plastic backscratcher.
                          Did you say Brockway, winter, birds and backscratcher. I think he is in gods country. What a lucky coach.

Comment

Did you say Brockway, winter, birds and backscratcher. I think he is in gods country. What a lucky coach.
                            Yes but he shouldn't scratch so hard that he gets cellulitis. Very unpleasant condition.

Comment

Is he at Walmart right now recruiting local hockey players to play at tech? Great the Walmart Huskies.
                              Please not the Walmart Huskies.

Comment

Please not the Walmart Huskies.
                                What about Blizzard T. Husky............................should they find a new mascot?

Comment

Working...
                                X