PDA

View Full Version : Mel Pearson-Michigan Tech's new Coach

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

aparch
05-10-2011, 08:13 AM
So, are they going to have power back in Houghton in time for the press conference? What a "Welcome to Houghton" moment for Mel.

Biddco
05-10-2011, 08:22 AM
So, are they going to have power back in Houghton in time for the press conference? What a "Welcome to Houghton" moment for Mel.

Is Yager in town? :D

stuckinwi
05-10-2011, 09:10 AM

Tech has it's own power as a backup. They should be fine, Tech classes aren't canceled today either.

bigblue_dl
05-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech has it's own power as a backup. They should be fine, Tech classes aren't canceled today either.
Don't even get me started on Tech's backup power. :mad:

stuckinwi
05-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Don't even get me started on Tech's backup power. :mad:

I now feel obligated to do so though... ;)

geezer
05-10-2011, 10:28 AM
I need to get back into media. Not a single person asked him where his targeted recruits are coming from.
otherwise, I heard two very refreshing things: 1) I'm going to let the players play, and be aggressive in the offensive zone, and 2) I'm going to treat the players like professionals.

technohusky
05-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Suzanne Sanregret, way to go!! She has done what Rick Yeo (Tech Hockey Alumni) could not do. Now she needs a raise.

i just threw up a little bit in my mouth

yooper(UP) hockey
05-10-2011, 11:08 AM
i just threw up a little bit in my mouth

Everybody needs a raise the AD, SID, BB coaches, FB coaches and soccer coaches.

Heck the Hockey Alumni raised 2 million why not give everybody a raise.

Spread the wealth all the smart posters on the board want a chunk of the change too.

technohusky
05-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Spread the wealth all the smart posters on the board want a chunk of the change too.

Maybe Mel will hire a smart poster from the board as his top assistant. That would be cool.

yooper(UP) hockey
05-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Maybe Mel will hire a smart poster from the board as his top assistant. That would be cool.

Great I always wanted to work for Mel and I could be his right hand man just like he was with Red.

I could recruit Ben from Calumet, take all the commited recruits from UM, and all the candian players that will come to Hoton just because it will be home for the players from Canada.

I could also be his SID and promote the heck out of MTU hockey. Let kids watch for free. Skate on the ice with Mitch night. I would promote a Kids Misfit fan club. Fill the stands with 2,000 kids every home game from Lanse, Ontonagan, and Calumet.

I could also sit with Dirk during the game and help him broadcast the games. Also, have Bob Olson back to cheer every win for the huskies.

I would also put all the jerseys in the stalls before every game and be the equipment manager in hopes of being an AD some day.

Mel and Yooper what a combo. Goodbye Red, Hello Yooper. Sounds good.

bigblue_dl
05-10-2011, 01:18 PM
I hate it when kids are at games, they make me want to kill people.

stuckinwi
05-10-2011, 01:35 PM
I hate it when kids are at games, they make me want to kill people.

What about the Midgets? You can't hate midgets... Even little people people in the stands are more impressive then none. And last year's attendance was horrible. I've seen more people at broomball games it seems...

bigblue_dl
05-10-2011, 01:40 PM
What about the Midgets? You can't hate midgets...
You've apparently never met her.

No offense, biddco. ;)

yooper(UP) hockey
05-10-2011, 01:41 PM
What about the Midgets? You can't hate midgets... Even little people people in the stands are more impressive then none. And last year's attendance was horrible. I've seen more people at broomball games it seems...

I seen more people watching paint dry.

Twitch Boy
05-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Michigan Tech Cannot Have Nice Things.

Such as electricity.

stuckinwi
05-10-2011, 01:49 PM
You've apparently never met her.

No offense, biddco. ;)

Haha, I do know the midget. Long time reader here, 03-07 was at Tech, but I'm from the area and hadn't missed a game until I moved to this ****hole of a state... ;) Finally motivated by a chance for non suckiness to actually post.

yooper(UP) hockey
05-10-2011, 01:56 PM

I can feel the power already, Mel must be in town. There was a surge when the press confrence started.

To bad tech isnt going to Germany this season we could get this thing going early instead of September.

technohusky
05-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Mel and Yooper what a combo. Sounds good.

Yes it does............................someone start a new thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigblue_dl
05-10-2011, 02:59 PM
I can feel the power already, Mel must be in town. There was a surge when the press confrence started.

To bad tech isnt going to Germany this season we could get this thing going early instead of September.
Mel left on Sunday, facebook updates told me so.

yooper(UP) hockey
05-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Yes it does............................someone start a new thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Technohusky thanks for the vote. Mel and Yooper awesome