Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mel Pearson-Michigan Tech's new Coach

Originally posted by pyhtboss View Post
    My sources, which are infallible, have Ron Fogarty (Adrian) on route to Houghton tonight. He got the word this afternoon after Pearson turned Tech down.
    So this will only be the second confirmed interview with anybody. So all the eggs were in Mel Pearson basket and they all broke.

Comment

The money really doesn't matter if the guys commanding that salary say no.

Suzanne has swung and missed twice now, we'll see what's next.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
        So this will only be the second confirmed interview with anybody. So all the eggs were in Mel Pearson basket and they all broke.
        Did anyone confirm Conan O'brien?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
          Did anyone confirm Conan O'brien?
          Start the next thread

Comment

• Originally posted by pyhtboss View Post
            My sources, which are infallible, have Ron Fogarty (Adrian) on route to Houghton tonight. He got the word this afternoon after Pearson turned Tech down.
            The only Division 3 coach who should be considered is Tim Coghlin of St Norbert.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
              The only Division 3 coach who should be considered is Tim Coghlin of St Norbert.
              Considered? I would consider Coghlin, Fogarty and Bell...but I probably wouldn't offer any of them the job.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Maybe all the whiny Tech alumni who wanted Jamie out should throw more money at the program so they can get whatever coach they want.

...This is actually amusing.
                Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

So, at least for now this thread is....

*****http://www.myptsmail.com/hotdog256/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/E868A_dewey_defeats_truman.jpg******
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                    The money really doesn't matter if the guys commanding that salary say no.

Suzanne has swung and missed twice now, we'll see what's next.
                    Hopefully the rest of the candidates don't carry big egos. They know for sure they aren't the first choice.

Comment

I find it amusing that Houghton residents are going CIA on the bit and basically skulking around town spying on possible candidates and Suzanne's activities.

Fooper 1: This is F1, I've spotted Blizzard at Suomi's, having some eggs. He seems to like the food. Will advise the waitress that the meal will be on the house.

Fooper 2: Good work. Lady S has not left the office all day; she's been making some phone calls. Have secured some call records, no North Dakota area codes as of yet.

Fooper 3: Obtained flight info for the next 3 days. Have not seen any possible candidates on any lists.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
                        Maybe all the whiny Tech alumni who wanted Jamie out should throw more money at the program so they can get whatever coach they want.

...This is actually amusing.
                        I say grab all the local alumni who played hockey at tech and have them all coach the team.
                        Last edited by yooper(UP) hockey; 04-18-2011, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          I find it amusing that Houghton residents are going CIA on the bit and basically skulking around town spying on possible candidates and Suzanne's activities.

Fooper 1: This is F1, I've spotted Blizzard at Suomi's, having some eggs. He seems to like the food. Will advise the waitress that the meal will be on the house.

Fooper 2: Good work. Lady S has not left the office all day; she's been making some phone calls. Have secured some call records, no North Dakota area codes as of yet.

Fooper 3: Obtained flight info for the next 3 days. Have not seen any possible candidates on any lists.
                          What do you honestly expect? In other places, newspapers pay people to do this stuff for you...you're telling me you wouldn't care who was meeting with Maturi if Lucia was gone?
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            What do you honestly expect? In other places, newspapers pay people to do this stuff for you...you're telling me you wouldn't care who was meeting with Maturi if Lucia was gone?
                            I just can't imagine having someone hang out at the offices all day, or checking flights, or wandering about town trying to locate any rumored future coaches that may be here.

Yes, I'd be interested in who they were talking to, but I wouldn't go to the lengths that the Techies are. Although to be fair, what else is there to do in Houghton?
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

it is quite hilarious, actually.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I just can't imagine having someone hang out at the offices all day, or checking flights, or wandering about town trying to locate any rumored future coaches that may be here.

Yes, I'd be interested in who they were talking to, but I wouldn't go to the lengths that the Techies are. Although to be fair, what else is there to do in Houghton?
                                To be fair, this hire is probably the most important one in the history of the program since MacInnes retired.

Comment

Working...
                                X