Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mel Pearson-Michigan Tech's new Coach

Sorry for the double post.
    Can you imagine Suzanne's reaction when she heard the news? If I were her I'd still be sitting in the closet.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

been in the car all day and can barely type on the little keyboard.

here is my understanding : (paint store level of sources)

Mel came up, met with team, staff, etc. a deal was struck. or at least Tech thought so. ready for a Monday announcement. then Mel either pulled out or is holding out. athletics department is mulling over what to do.

(non paint store level)

in the business world it goes like this : you get a call, are you interested in the job? or you hear about the opening and apply even if you are happy with your current job. you interview (good practice even if you don't want the job), you meet the staff, get shown around the facilities, get an offer. then you trot back to your old boss and say guess what?? I got another job offer for x amount of dollars and benefits. if the old boss wants you to stay he ponies up the pay or the perk that you would like. or maybe just a percentage of it, but hey, you just got a raise. we saw this a couple of times in our business - I remember a guy who stayed with us for a company car. we would have doubled his salary if we had to.

I have no idea if this scenario is going on.

maybe his wife said no.
      maybe he was curious.
      maybe he is holding out for more money or perks or different terms in the contract.
      maybe Red sent him up to find out the super secrets that go into the Michigan Tech hockey program which they will use to try and win the National Championship next year.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Appears like it's water over the bridge now. I'm not sure Eades is that interested to tell the truth or he would have come to interview already.
        Everything I've heard is that Mel was the only one MTU brought to Houghton...not that Eades or anyone else wouldn't come in for a formal interview.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Fair enough. I'm sure she has been on the phone with him today at least once.

Comment

Fair enough. I'm sure she has been on the phone with him today at least once.
            Other's above have said he's still in Houghton.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
              Other's above have said he's still in Houghton.
              I thought it was posted that he was up there Thur-Sat.

Edit: I forgot, I think someone mentioned that he was seen at PR sunday.

Like manure, I assumed he was at home now.

Comment

http://bit.ly/hBHjoZ crap
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

So he meets with the team and THEN decides to step away???

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    It's confusing...he told Red no on Sunday like the appears the article is based on, but it appears he's back in Houghton.

Last edited by Flashy Man; 04-18-2011, 08:08 PM.
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                      So he meets with the team and THEN decides to step away???
                      Is that like getting blackballed during pledge week?

Comment

You would think the author would confirm with Pearson today but who knows...

Comment

Another D 1 coach bites the dust. How many is that this year now?

Comment

Another D 1 coach bites the dust. How many is that this year now?
                            Michigan State
                            Michigan Tech
                            Providence
                            Massachusetts Lowell
                            Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Michigan State
                              Michigan Tech
                              Providence
                              Massachusetts Lowell
                              Clarkson
                              Fortunately it sounds like we have the most money to deal in this pack.

Edit: Todd Milewski heard Tech came back with an offer today, but no confirmation.

Now with more relaxing music.
                              Last edited by Flashy Man; 04-18-2011, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                                Fortunately it sounds like we have the most money to deal in this pack.
                                But not more than Penn St. and who knows if we have more than (insert team name here) if PSU poaches their coach.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X