PDA

View Full Version : Boston University 2011 Offseason

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

ericredaxe
04-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Prior thread closed... welcome to spring 2011.

So is this email that got sent out re: Red Hot Hockey our opportunity as season ticket holders to get tickets to this event? Or will we have the opportunity to get tickets via the "Away Game Form" that we usually get with the season tickets?

joen05
04-11-2011, 10:27 AM
I just called the ticket office because the ticket selection didn't seem to be great for the presale, they said that we'd be able to get tickets from the "Away Game Form" and they would fufill them like Beanpot tickets. Of course, the ticket office has messed up before....

Scarlet
04-11-2011, 10:58 AM
I got that yesterday, too. Did the previous pre-sale happen this early??

Back from St. Paul. Great tournament. Good hockey for all three games. Tried to teach several Gopher, Duluth, Sioux, etc. fans the "I suck, I blow, I'm Benedetto" chant for Saturday night to prepare them for the game. I think it would have been fun for him to hear that there. :) Question - now that each Connolly brother has a championship, are they the first to win titles at different schools? I'm thinking no, but couldn't think of any others. I know brothers that have won with the same team. Anyone else know?

joen05
04-11-2011, 11:08 AM
I think two Kelleher brothers did it with BU/BC? I might be wrong, I wasn't really following either team at that point.

SaltyLoafers
04-11-2011, 11:12 AM
BU student ticket info can be found on the Red Hot Hockey fb page here:
BU Student Ticket info (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/rhh09?sk=app_190322544333196)

Tickets on sale Wed. at 10 am at the Agganis ticket office. $15

candycanes99
04-11-2011, 11:34 AM
I didn't get any e-mails about the pre-sale, but it wasn't that hard to guess the password...

Edit: Now GoTerriers.com says the password is "MSGBU." Weird, "terriers" worked...

Terrierbyassociation
04-11-2011, 12:58 PM
I think two Kelleher brothers did it with BU/BC? I might be wrong, I wasn't really following either team at that point.

You're right. However, the Connolly brothers were both significant contributors while Tim Kelleher was the back-up goalie for Clemmensieve and only played in 5 games that year. :)

joen05
04-11-2011, 01:08 PM
You're right. However, the Connolly brothers were both significant contributors while Tim Kelleher was the back-up goalie for Clemmensieve and only played in 5 games that year. :)

lol :cool:

joen05
04-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Did anyone purchase tickets on the presale today (and is a season ticket holder)? Just curious if anyone is going to wait and get them through BU instead.

buoldtimer
04-11-2011, 01:39 PM

He won a National Championship and has played in the NHL for a while. Not a sieve. Clemmenson, that is.

Terrierbyassociation
04-11-2011, 01:54 PM
He won a National Championship and has played in the NHL for a while. Not a sieve. Clemmenson, that is.

Really? We're not going to laugh and use his nickname because he's actually good? You mean we should stop sieving the goalie when it's not his fault or sometimes when it's an empty net? ;)

Nick Papagiorgio
04-11-2011, 02:23 PM

It's not the fact that someone called him Clemmensieve that should bother anyone, but the fact that a fanboy "LOL"ed in response to something so dumb. Typical.

Hey mookie, nice to meet up with you on Saturday night. I'm buying the next round whenever that is.

Bomber
04-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Because I'm a big old dork, I watched the 3rd period and OT of the 2009 NC game right after watching Duluth win. Very interesting. Some thoughts later (when I have more time)...

mookie1995
04-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Hey mookie, nice to meet up with you on Saturday night. I'm buying the next round whenever that is.

Sure, twist my arm....

joen05
04-11-2011, 08:39 PM
It's not the fact that someone called him Clemmensieve that should bother anyone, but the fact that a fanboy "LOL"ed in response to something so dumb. Typical.

Take it easy Nick! Can't have any laughs in the offseason? sheesh.

Bumbles
04-11-2011, 09:24 PM
So is it kind of selfish that I'm hoping Quinn doesn't get the PC job? I'm honestly kind of surprised he is seriously considering it as I always envisioned him going the NHL head coaching path.

slurpees
04-11-2011, 09:41 PM
So is it kind of selfish that I'm hoping Quinn doesn't get the PC job? I'm honestly kind of surprised he is seriously considering it as I always envisioned him going the NHL head coaching path.

Something tells me that him taking the PC job would be a sign that he wants to stay in the college game, and would seriously consider the BU job. I find it difficult to believe that if he took the PC job for three or four years, Parker retired, and if he were offered, he'd turn down BU to stay at PC. The PC job would give him experience in running a college program, heading up recruiting efforts, and all of the other components of college coaching that don't exist in the pros.

Agganis
04-11-2011, 11:00 PM
I find it difficult to believe that if he took the PC job for three or four years, Parker retired, and if he were offered, he'd turn down BU to stay at PC.

Yeah, and if the problem was the buyout was too large I'd cover it:)

Rover
04-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Something tells me that him taking the PC job would be a sign that he wants to stay in the college game, and would seriously consider the BU job. I find it difficult to believe that if he took the PC job for three or four years, Parker retired, and if he were offered, he'd turn down BU to stay at PC. The PC job would give him experience in running a college program, heading up recruiting efforts, and all of the other components of college coaching that don't exist in the pros.

That's the only scenario that makes sense to me for him to take the PC job. No offense to Jon, etc, but its like the worst job in Hockey East. To me Quinn taking that position is like a placeholder for when Parker finally gives up the ghost. It's odd to me that he ever left the program in the first place if that is indeed the plan, but I guess he could have changed his mind or felt he needed college head coaching experience.

buoldtimer
04-12-2011, 12:29 PM
That's the only scenario that makes sense to me for him to take the PC job. No offense to Jon, etc, but its like the worst job in Hockey East. To me Quinn taking that position is like a placeholder for when Parker finally gives up the ghost. It's odd to me that he ever left the program in the first place if that is indeed the plan, but I guess he could have changed his mind or felt he needed college head coaching experience.

Perhaps he sensed that JP was going nowhere any time soon.