X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2011 Offseason

Originally posted by DLG View Post
    surprising that he has not landed a spot for next year
    I'm waiting for the announcement that he signed with Northeastern to replace Reid. That's just a guess. i could see him there or at a UNH
    GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      I wonder if that writer even tried to talk to anyone from BU. He seems to completely dismiss the possibility that maybe, just maybe, Vinny did have some issues here and has since changed . . . It's possible that "the real Vinny Saponari" is someone who made mistakes, paid for them, learned from them and has become a better person since.
      That's exactly how I felt reading the story. There was also this quote from Vinny: "I had lost a lot. I had lost BU. Not being able to go back affected me a lot"

That quote right there hints that Vinny made a mistake, lost something he loved, and learned his lesson because of that. As far as I know, Vinny was pretty well-liked by his teammates - he's come back to campus this year to visit and they were psyched to see him, but there's no question that he messed up last year. I also think it's interesting that he still does not have a place to go next year. Makes me wonder how bad his grades really were.
      http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Of course this could just be another JP mental episode, gets rid of Saporini because he needs to throw someone under the bus and of course the BU faithful continue to worship Parker.

Question, if JP dismiss ANOTHER kid for missing a team event next year will anyone think its a Parker problem, or will it be just another kid that won't fall into line. And what is the expected conduct of a BU hockey player? There seems to be a lot of players that are confused about it....or Parker is recruiting players for talent without looking into character.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          Of course this could just be another JP mental episode
          No idea what this means.

Saporini
          Not even close.

because he needs to throw someone under the bus
          Not the reason for any of Parker's dismissals.

the BU faithful continue to worship Parker.
          Not really. There's actually more than a couple BU fans who want a change in coaching.

if JP dismiss ANOTHER kid for missing a team event next year will anyone think its a Parker problem, or will it be just another kid that won't fall into line.
          Depends on the circumstances, but most people would probably continue to think what they already think. Those who support him would continue to support him and those who think he's lost it would continue to think he's lost it.

what is the expected conduct of a BU hockey player? There seems to be a lot of players that are confused about it
          Guys might say they're confused about it after they're dismissed, but it's pretty clear-cut as far as I can tell. No one on the team should be confused by how they're supposed to act -- at the rink, around campus or otherwise. Anyone who acts like a responsible adult isn't going to have a problem.

or Parker is recruiting players for talent without looking into character.
          You could have a point here.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            I wonder if that writer even tried to talk to anyone from BU. He seems to completely dismiss the possibility that maybe, just maybe, Vinny did have some issues here and has since changed. I don't think anyone here would question the fact that Vinny has gotten his act together and has become a very good leader in Dubuque, but for that writer to completely shoot down the idea that Vinny might have been a bad influence at BU based solely on what he's been in Dubuque seems irresponsible. Had he talked to people at BU and looked into his dismissal more, I don't think he'd be so willing to take Vinny at his word and classify the missed bike ride as "an isolated incident."

I don't know, it just kind of rubs me the wrong way that he sort of brushes aside his dismissal as unjustified or not that big of a deal. I'm glad Vinny has made the most of his time in Dubuque and I wish him nothing but the best wherever he ends up next year, but that doesn't mean he didn't screw up at BU. It's possible that "the real Vinny Saponari" is someone who made mistakes, paid for them, learned from them and has become a better person since. Vinny even hinted at that himself:

I think that's the bigger story, not this stupid "Parker and BU fans and posters on message boards have no idea what they're talking about and Vinny can do no wrong." I'm sure a lot of what was posted was inaccurate or over-the-top, but I'm also quite certain there was some truth to it. I don't doubt even for a second that he's a different and better person now, but that doesn't mean he was like that here. Look at Matt Frattin. People change.
            That article is not likely to be up for any prizes in journalism. Aside from what you mentioned, it also glosses over how his transfer to BC "didn't go through."
            Last edited by srsterrier; 04-17-2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
              That article is not likely to be up for any prizes in journalism. Aside from what you mentioned, it also glosses over how his transfer to BC "didn't go through."
              I noticed that. It's as if the paperwork was lost in the mail or was inadvertently knocked into a trash barrel. Then again, this person is in Dubuque; nuff said.
              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

His transfer to BC didn't go through after somebody showed York videotapes of the classic Saponari hat trick, which was three wide open nets missed costing the team preciously needed goals every game. I'm not surprised Ol' Hands of Stone hasn't latched on anywhere.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  His transfer to BC didn't go through after somebody showed York videotapes of the classic Saponari hat trick, which was three wide open nets missed costing the team preciously needed goals every game. I'm not surprised Ol' Hands of Stone hasn't latched on anywhere.
                  can you try again, this time use the required slur against italians. thanks in advance!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    can you try again, this time use the required slur against italians. thanks in advance!

Two Italians, Vic and Vin, are standing on a bridge looking into the water.
                    Suddenly, a periscope breaks the surface.
                    Vic says: "Hey Vin, looka the U-boat".
                    Vin: "Thats notta my boat."

Never been banned before, but if it's gonna happen, at least it's the off season.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

Never been banned before, but if it's gonna happen, at least it's the off season.
                      If you get banned for that I'm going to get banned for laughing hysterically at it.

Comment

"Parker dismissed Saponari from the team after the sophomore arrived late for a conditioning workout that served as punishment for a drinking violation. Saponari called it an isolated incident and believed the coaching staff used him as an example for a lackluster season after the Terriers won a national title during Saponari's freshman year.

Despite Saponari's 48 points in 82 games as a regular in the Terriers' lineup, the flood of online comments quickly followed his dismissal."

OK...a.) What are our online comments worth, really? and b.) This article in no place mentioned "party luck a puck star", which was just too much.
                        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                          This article in no place mentioned "party luck a puck star", which was just too much.
                          Party like a Puckstar would have gone platinum if not for our violent racism about both lyrical geniuses featured in it being of Italian descent.

Comment

I agree with Fed League. The rules and what's expected are clear. What I see is that the players no longer respond to the threats and admonishments from Parker, whether its loss of ice time or the various dismissals the past few years. I feel like a broken record with regard to Parker, but I cannot get excited about upcoming seasons so long as he is the coach.

And now hearing that Quinn may be in line for the Providence job ??!! Obviously Quinn is ready to run his own program now. With the success he has had in Erie, he will be in line for NHL head coaching positions within a year or two as the AHL is the stepping stone to the big leagues now more than ever. Someone like Lammorillo in NJ might take a chance on an obvious up and comer like Dave.

Why do I keep torturing myself wishing for what's NOT going to happen.
                            Last edited by bantam75; 04-19-2011, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
                              I agree with Fed League. The rules and what's expected are clear. What I see is that the players no longer respond to the threats and admonishments from Parker, whether its loss of ice time or the various dismissals the past few years. I feel like a broken record with regard to Parker, but I cannot get excited about upcoming seasons so long as he is the coach.

And now hearing that Quinn may be in line for the Providence job ??!! Obviously Quinn is ready to run his own program now. With the success he has had in Erie, he will be in line for NHL head coaching positions within a year or two as the AHL is the stepping stone to the big leagues now more than ever. Someone like Lammorillo in NJ might take a chance on an obvious up and comer like Dave.

Why do I keep torturing myself wishing for what's NOT going to happen.
                              So what you're saying is that you don't think Parker even has a chance of leading this team to a NCAA tournament berth and a NC run next year? As we learned this year and every year you just gotta get in and you have a chance and this team certainly has the talent and the experience to win alot of games next year. I think Quinn needs to have the experience of running a college program on his own and PC gives him a chance to do that. You really think if BU wants to interview Quinn in 3 or 4 year he would turn them down to stay at PC where hockey is secondary to a bottom of the barrell Big East basketball team. I'm not even sold that Quinn should be the next coach here at BU but if you are, him going to PC only helps the chances he stays in the college game and comes to BU once JP retires.
                              GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                B'gosh and b'gorrah, that's a wee bit a' racism there, boy-o. I'd watch me stereotypes if I were you. --hic!--

Bugs Bunny - 96
                                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Working...
                                X